This municipality is located 72 kilometers from Tagbilaran City and is situated in the interior of the province. It was formerly called Colonia, a barrio of Carmen formed by settlers of the agricultural colony organized by the late Camilo Calceta who later became the first mayor of the municipality. It was made an independent municipality by Executive Order No. 183 issued by the late Pres. Ramon Magsaysay on June 21, 1958.
|Dagohoy at a glance|
|Number of households (2000):||3095|
|Land area:||9101 ha|
|Number of barangays:||15|
|Distance from Tagbilaran:||73 km|
|Barangay||Population (2010)||Population (2000)||Households (2000)|
(Based on figures from the census of 2000 and 2010 from NSO)