Clarin is in the northeastern part of Bohol and is 61 kilometers from Tagbilaran City. It was organized on January 31, 1919 out of the territories taken from Tubigon, Inabanga and Carmen. It was originally called Can-ogong after one of the early settlers named Ogong who had a habit of hanging a bamboo tube for salted fish. Since he was a popular man in the community the place was called after him, Can-ogong, meaning Ogong's place.
Cang-ogong was changed to Clarin when it was organized as a municipality in honor of the first Civil Governor of Bohol, Hon. Anecito Clarin.
During World War II, its central school was used by the Japanese as a concentration camp for suspected persons.
|Clarin at a glance|
|Number of households (2000):||3575|
|Land area:||6279 ha|
|Number of barangays:||24|
|Distance from Tagbilaran:||61 km|
|Barangay||Population (2000)||Households (2000)||Population (2010)||Population (2015)|
(Based on figures from the census of 2000, 2010, and 2015 from PSA)