The coastal town of Alburquerque lies about twelve kilometers to the east of the City of Tagbilaran. This town was originally a part of Baclayon called Segunto. When Segunto became a municipality its name was changed to Alburquerque after the city in New Mexico, which in its turn, was named after the viceroy of Mexico, Fernandez de la Cueva, Duque de Alburquerque.
Today the people are engaged in pottery, weaving, fishing and farming.
|Alburquerque at a glance|
|Number of households (2000):||1670|
|Land area:||2865 ha|
|Number of barangays:||11|
|Distance from Tagbilaran:||12 km|
|Barangay||Population (2010)||Population (2000)||Households (2000)|
(Based on figures from the census of 2000 and 2010 from NSO)