Bared... And now, is it Geff and Amy?
Tagbilaran, Monday, 22 November 2010
- It's University of Bohol Charter Day Fun Run on December 10, 2010. "It will start at 5 .am., at the UB quadrangle. This is open to all UB students, teachers, employees and alumni," posted Leah Tirol-Magno on Facebook. Please call (038)-4112081/4113101/4113101 for more details.
- A clan reunion is a wonderful way to stay in touch with your entire clan from near and far. The clan members of Udtohan/Pajota will hold their 6th grand reunion on Nov. 28, 2010 in Palo Beach, Loay, Bohol. "This reunion is a great way to bring families together despite geographical distances," says businessman Benjamin Udtohan, president of the Udtohan clan. Other officers are Ricardo Pajamutang, vice president; Secenia Diez, treasurer; and Gracia Ladra, secretary. Norberto Udtohan is the president of Limos Tinabangay. For more info, please contact your chapter presidents: Cesar Diez (Tagbilaran), Inocencio Udtohan (Sevilla), Vilma Adame (Bilar), Gloria Tumanda (Batuan), Nonie Torrefranca (Carmen), Margarita Inajan (Sierra Bullones) and Eugene Mano (Danao).
Honor graduates Maria Eulaica Raya and Mary Grace Ramada.
- Our congratulations to all who passed the licensure examination for teachers (LET) given last September 26, 2010 in 15 testing centers all over the Philippines. Orchids to our friends (who are also youth volunteers) who are exam passers: Maria Eulaica Raya, a magna cum laude graduate at Bohol Wisdom School; Mary Grace Ramada, a magna cum laude graduate at Holy Name University; Margelyn Moncano and Aireen Daling. They will make an effective teachers and role models for their students and young people.
- "There are hard-trying Paris Hilton in Bohol," says a socialite and real high profile VRS. She was with friends leaving Tagbilaran City and they checked in early for the flight to Manila then for France for a vaccy. They finally boarded the plane, ready to take off. "We spent the next 10 to 15 25 minutes sweating and fanning ourselves, seemingly waiting for a "VIP" to arrive," shares the fuming VRS. They could see the plane crew getting uncomfortable. Just as some passengers were about to complain, this young politician a.k.a. frustrated celebrity arrived with a puppy. "I wanted to sing Patti Page's How Much Is That Dog In The Window… How much is that doggie in the window? (arf! arf!) The one with the waggley tail.. How much is that doggie in the window? (arf! arf!)..I do hope that doggie's for sale! Seriously, the young politician made a very bad impression on all of us other passengers. See, hapit wala siya makasakay kay instead adto sa pre-departure maghulat didto ra jud sa government car nga nagpark gawas sa airport," reveals VRS. "She's late in her social activities. No wonder a souvenir shirt didn't get her to model the shirt."
- From make-up artist Charlow Arbasto, this inspirational message: One day Jesus and a man were crossing a narrow bridge. The man held Jesus' hand. Jesus said, "No. I'll hold your hand." The man asked, "What's the difference?" Jesus said, "If you hold my hand you might let go, but if I hold your hand, I'll never let you go."
- And from Miss Bohol International 2009 Loida Lagonoy, this food for thought: God will always put us into sticky situations not until we grow up and learn to deal with them properly.
Remembering the Maguindanao massacre
The November 23 Movement urges Facebook and Twitter users
to use this photo as their profile pictures to commemorate the
first anniversary of the massacre.
It has been a year since that infamous day. There have been no convictions. A trial continues, hidden from public view by a Supreme Court ruling prohibiting live coverage and cameras inside the courtroom.
"As we do [commemorate the massacre], let us renew our resolve to hold this administration accountable for the lives lost because of its apathy, even outright hostility towards media, and its politics of expediency emboldened the enemies of press freedom, many of them its allies, to continue enforcing the ultimate censorship--death," the Union of Journalists of the Philippines (NUJP) statement said.
There will be a motorcade of memory, as the families of the November 23 massacre victims mark the tragedy's first anniversary by retracing their loved ones' last journey all the way to the desolate hilltop where they died.
That will be only one in a series of activities across the country during the week-long commemoration of last year's widely condemned massacre of 57 people in the town of Ampatuan in Maguindanao province in southern Philippines.
Life after the Maguindanao massacre will never be same again. The incident, dubbed "the single deadliest event for journalists in history" has shattered the faith in the influence and power of the media in the Philippines.
It took quite a while, but hunky model Genes Alfeo "Geff" Jabines has finally admitted that he has been "exclusively dating" Miss Tagbilaran 2010 2nd runner-up Ma. Amy Fiel Booc. Geff (you may have noticed that his "screen name" is a little different, in that he added an "f" to the end, so he is now Geff) made the revelation on Facebook that he is "in relationship with."
Geff Jabines and Ma. Amy Fiel Booc make
a lovely pair.
The revelation puts to rest speculations that Geff and Amy are already an item. "I am enjoying her company...and I can be what I am if we are together," says Geff.
Amy, who is a part-time model at the Island City Mall, keeps people awestruck with her captivating smile and easy humor. A bit shy and undeniably humble it's hard not to love Amy. Right, Geff?
It was at that memorable Runway Icons' The Glamour 12 Model Search event in July when Geff was observed to have been "mesmerized" by the radiant Amy. Now, did the "fascination" start that event?
They are sighted in public places; they are no longer hiding their romantic togetherness.
"They are seen together and they are happy," says VRS. "Who wouldn't be in love with your boyfriend if he talks proudly about you in public? He is the man." Geff was once asked on how to make a relationship work. He confidently disclosed, "Be what you are."
Geff and Amy are two beautiful people in love with each other in a world where everyone has to be beautiful. They stand out because their beauty comes from within.
Email me at email@example.com or visit www.bohol.ph.
Leo P. Udtohan
Be the first to comment on this article
We reserve the right to remove or edit comments posted on this website. Please read our conditions of use for details. You can use <i>italics</i>, <b>bold</b>, <p> new paragraph, <a href="url">link</a>. Other markup will be removed. Use of the forums for advertising is prohibited. Enterprises located in Bohol can request to be added to the business directory.