Saturday 20 July 2024 20:49:29 PHT

Reader Comments on 'Getting Married in the Philippines'

Since questions about foreigners wanting to marry a Philippine citizen pop up every once in a while on the visa regulations page, I've decided to add a small page on this issue.

Read full article...

Angel wrote:
Tuesday, 5 August 2014 13:34:28 PHT
I am a Filipina widowed for 6 yrs i want to get married to a japanese man who got divorced 3 yrs ago..what requirements do we need to prepare..
Sheryl wrote:
Sunday, 13 July 2014 15:21:12 PHT
My fiance is British citizen and we planning to get married here in Philippines... We got all requirements and already booked and appointment British embassy in Manila... now we are both confused cause one of his friend talked to him that he need to earn £18600 so that we can get married here in Philippines... is this right?

That should not be right; however, what they might have meant is that he will need to earn that amount to be able to sponsor your residence permit, so that they you live together in the U.K. Those things should not be confused.--Jeroen.

david thapa wrote:
Monday, 9 June 2014 09:47:21 PHT
i have a filipino gf we have long relationship . we cant live separate thtwhy we decide we will marriage her in dubai or embassy . can u tell me whats the requirement i need form my side n my gf side . we r want to marry in dubai so whats the producer i need to follow n whats kind of document i need please im waiting ur good advice for our future . thanks u very much..
raiza wrote:
Saturday, 7 June 2014 13:35:19 PHT
hi i have a malaysian bf we want to get married here in philippines .what requierment he need to produce although he already married in malysia with a malaysian girl.
MARIE wrote:
Monday, 28 April 2014 14:32:47 PHT
can i ask about divorce in the philippines.. my x wanted a divorce, we're married here in the philippines almost 3 years ago, he is a dutch, i dont want a divorce coz i didnt do anything and i love him until now,i just found out that he has a live in partner now in netherlands, i am in the phiilppines... WHAT CAN I DO NOW? WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
sam wrote:
Saturday, 19 April 2014 01:11:49 PHT
I'm from Malaysia and I have a gf from Philippine. I wan to married in philipine and stay there.what do I need to ready for stay permanent at Philippine?
Adnan wrote:
Friday, 18 April 2014 19:05:47 PHT
HelLo, currently my gf live in Philippine and she is already married. I want to visit to Philippine abd she want to sponsor me then tell me the procedure how she sponsor me
Fazan wrote:
Thursday, 10 April 2014 23:55:03 PHT
hi my concern is that my girl is living in philipine and i want to visit her and marry her we are friends for more then 5 years and she also accept Islam, prob how can i meet her in real life and marry here documents, proceduer and money info required email me if can. thank you
Sajjad wrote:
Monday, 10 March 2014 00:23:27 PHT
I'm Pakistani and my gf is Filipino, how can i marry her in her country and how can i get visa for Philippines, what documents and cost will required for my permanent visa for Philippines,
giovanni wrote:
Wednesday, 12 February 2014 23:58:43 PHT
i want marry a filippina but i don't have divorce paper, i am just separated from my ex wife, how i can marry this filippina girl? in my country i can marry also before divorce, but i don't know how i can do in philippines. i am from a muslum country. i hope someone can yell me how i can do. thanks
Chie wrote:
Monday, 27 January 2014 19:19:07 PHT
Good day! Hi, Just want to asked a few questions. I'm a filipina and have a Malaysian boyfriend and planning to get Marriage License Certificate, is this License is a valid proof when I'm about to enter Malaysia and pay my Boyfriend a visit??? Or do I still need an Invitation Letter/Sponsorship from him even if we already have our Marriage License Certificate??? Please help, and answer my questions.. Thanks.. More power.. God bless..
Emil wrote:
Sunday, 19 January 2014 17:29:53 PHT
Hello, im filipino gay boy looking to married with the foreign guy or gay who wanted to getting married with gay boy like me 09276962861
Peter wrote:
Tuesday, 24 December 2013 09:58:24 PHT
I am an Australian citizen and on 2nd of December, 2011 I returned from the Philippines after going there to marry my Filipino fiancee. According to the Australian Embassy website, just TWO (2) documents are required - a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) and a Marriage License. I sent my fiancee an application form for the issue of a CNI, fully filled in as necessary, and she went to Manila and got it. Great we thought - until she went to her local City Hall to apply for the Marriage License. Despite her having a Cenomar (CErtificate of NO MARriage), she was told that she also needed a CNI and that I would also need a Cenomar. She got her CNI immediately from another office in City Hall, not a problem, but she would have to go back to Manila again to apply for my Cenomar, it takes a week to process before issue, and then there is a 10 day wait on a marriage license before the ceremony can be undertaken. The 7 day wait for my Cenomar blew our timetable out of the water because my planned 2 week trip was already booked, so our marriage plans failed since we couldn't get my Cenomar fast enough. But wait, there's more! She was also told that I needed to have a Single Status Certificate. Note that the Cenomar and SSC are not mentioned on the Embassy website - it only says that a CNI and Marriage License are required. And.... the Single Status Certificate is issued by Australian authorities in my home state of NSW (by the Bureau of Births, Deaths and Marriages in Sydney), yet the Embassy website states that "documents issued in Australia or other countries are not acceptable to the Philippine authorities". So what use is the Single Status Certificate if it is issued in Australia and is not acceptable? Why ask for it then? It doesn't make sense! And yet my fiancee was told by her local City Hall that I had to have the SSC? So while the Australian Embassy website states that just two documents (CNI and Marriage License) are required, that seems to be NOT the case because I was also required to get a Cenomar and a Single Status Certificate. So whatever your country, you will need to check and check again about exactly what documents are required. My embassy says just those two (the CNI and M/L) and other embassies will probably say the same thing, but just be aware that when you apply for the marriage license you might be asked for more than what you think you need. I have also read that the marriage celebrant may also ask for other documents (who knows what they might be!) so check with your celebrant first. As we have found with our failed plans, there are a lot of T's to cross and I's to dot before you can get married in the Philippines. By the way, the Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) that was issued to me does not appear to be worth the paper it is written on. It does not state that I am not married, or that I have no record of marriage, but merely says that I have stated that the information contained in my application is true and correct, with the signatory (Consular Officer) to my CNI then stating: "I am unable to verify whether this information is true and correct but, on the basis that it is, there is no legal reason why (my name) cannot marry (my fiancee's name)". Well, that was all 2 years ago and only now, after saving hard for all this time I can now afford to give her the money required to apply for a Fiancee visa (expensive!) to come to Australia to get married here, plus her airfares, etc. In that time we have investigated (again!) what it would take to get married in the Philippines with the idea of trying once more - lots of money and red tape! So we have given up on that idea and we will get married here in Australia - IF she can get a Fiancee visa, which is not guaranteed. So if you are planning to get married in the Philippines then proceed with caution and lots of optimism! And I wish you good luck because you will need lots of it!

Thanks for sharing your (sad) story. Sometimes, officials invent all types of documents that are not really required, which is a difficult issue. When not too difficult, it may be easiest to just go with the flow, and provide the documents requested, and only object to such invented requirements when they are impossible to meet. The CNI is required, and can be provided by your embassy in the Philippines. Documents issued abroad (that is outside the Philippines) are not valid, but can be made valid, if these are in English, or accompanied by a certified translation, and legalised by the relevant authorities in the country of origin, and then the Philippine embassy in that country. So, if you need a certificate of single status from your home country, you will have to go through all those steps to get it accepted, a time consuming process. Moving your marriage from Manila to a small provincial town may help, in the sense that officials sometimes understand the rules differently--Jeroen.

FAISAL wrote:
Monday, 23 December 2013 20:06:13 PHT
How to get marry to philippnes fiane in her country Sir/Madam, How to i get marry to my fiance philippines girl in her country what are The Requirement..? what documents are i need to provide to marry with Philppina my fiance in her country..? i am a Indian boy and i want to married a my fiance philippines girl in her country after I Want to Bring Here in India. Now She Take Already Tourist Visiting Visa For two month In Her Passport But emigration ask her in airport me& she relation show Poto& more Pappers two times she return In Airport lost more money. There for i think now better way Philippine country go to do marry my fiancy after bring here india to live with here.if what are the documents&required madamplease tell me so that i go there and marry with her after Bring Her please tell me Madam This Is My Request Kindly Hope To Waiting Your Good Reply. My e mail ,
Geneza Tic ing wrote:
Friday, 20 December 2013 17:02:01 PHT
I want to know about ... what are the requirement of the german guy to marry a philippine woman in the philippines. Please i need your reply.
Fatima wrote:
Wednesday, 18 December 2013 15:08:14 PHT
I see a lot of my compatriot comments here are actually questions. I hope to be of help. Being in the Wedding biz and specializing in Muslim and Inter-racial Marriages I may have an answer to your queries. I will answer and help free of charge of course. email me at or through this thread. Thanks.
Monadeth wrote:
Tuesday, 17 December 2013 22:14:22 PHT
Good evening, Ma'am & Sir! I just wanted to know if I'm allowed to get the legal capacity of my fiancé even when he's not here in the Philippines but I have his documents and authorization letter from him. I'm hoping and expecting for your reply. Thank you! God bless! :) :) :)
brian wrote:
Monday, 16 December 2013 13:25:29 PHT
hello, i am indian national staying in india, my filipina gf wants to marry me in india , i want to ask can if she wants to invite me to phillipines by which visa can she apply for me in philipines or else can i apply for tourist visa in india for the same, and one important question is that if i am granted tourist visa in india , does the entry in phillipines depend upon the officer at the port of entry? or once i am granted tourist visa i can get guranteed entry in philps, i am asking this kos before i had read on phillipines embassy website the entry in philps depends upon the discreation of officer at the port of entry
Jonna wrote:
Monday, 4 November 2013 19:57:33 PHT
Hello, I just want to ask information. I am getting married with a German guy this coming december. I have my old passport with my single name. In time for applying spousal visa do i need to change my family name (husband family name) on my passport or I will still used my single family name? for spousal visa application? thank you.....
Planeteers wrote:
Wednesday, 9 October 2013 13:33:22 PHT
For requirements on marriage, annulments, divorce, visa information there are advices posted at
Mahrie wrote:
Saturday, 5 October 2013 23:20:22 PHT
Hi, I'm a Filipina and my boyfriend is Australian. We've plan already about getting married here in the Philippines. My husband to be would like to know specifically if marrying in the Philippines is way better than in Australia. And, we both like to know what are the requirements here in the Philippines for both of us a Filipino national and Australian national. We are more than thankful to your advice and more info about the Philippine embassy laws and requirements for this concern. Blessings!
Chel wrote:
Saturday, 28 September 2013 00:28:34 PHT
I married to an Egyptian man here in Philippines all our paper are genuine are i am pregnant for 5 months and i find out that he have also a Filipina in Kuwait and he want also to marry her now he wants to devorce me.he can devorce me in kuwait and get married again. i hope you can help about my problem thank you
Tripurari Mishra wrote:
Friday, 27 September 2013 22:34:56 PHT
Hello am looking for married to ladyboy plz help me my phone number +918553533493
Reen wrote:
Saturday, 21 September 2013 18:44:33 PHT
I have my boyfriend and he is from Norway. He was born in Malaysia but stayed in Norway for many years so now he is a Norwegian citizen. When he come on September 27, we going to get married in the municipality. He is a Muslim. He going to apply for tourist visa and within that given days for tourist visa we gonna get married. We want to ask if after getting married,how long he can stay here more without payment? If with payment, how much does it cost? Thank you in advance and God bless :-)
vic cervantes wrote:
Thursday, 12 September 2013 22:36:29 PHT
Im from the Philippines working in Indonesia.I want to marry an Indonesian girl but she is a muslim.Can we marry in the Philippines?
Adolf wrote:
Monday, 26 August 2013 01:25:33 PHT
RAJA AFTAB Stop bein a silly fello and throw yourself on the dungpile!
Tuesday, 20 August 2013 13:25:57 PHT
Hi i am muslim and i live in Pakistan i am 24 year old i want to marri any girl but you sponcer me if you want .
Ann wrote:
Friday, 16 August 2013 23:53:48 PHT
Hello I want to civil married next year in the Philippines with my fiancee Muslim but i am christian, but we are both Filipino, i want to know what is the requirement and it is possible to get married even thou he is a Muslim. thank you.
Doc Router wrote:
Tuesday, 13 August 2013 17:16:48 PHT
For foreigners getting married to a Philippine citizen here or abroad...requirements for the Filipino, will always be an NSO issued CENOMAR or Cert. of No Marriage and birth certificate authenticated by DFA. Sometimes, our Phil. Consulate will also ask for Affidavit of Singleness as supporting document and should be authenticated by DFA, too. And the foreigner requirements will be quite similar too with the Filipino requirements, I guess. Requirements will depend where you will be married & in what country. Anyway, should you want someone to help you procure these documents for your Filipino fiancee, just google for Doc Router. Documents can be processed on her behalf.
Nina wrote:
Friday, 2 August 2013 14:38:53 PHT
Hi good noon im nina living in phi. right now my concern is my fiancee(muslim) we'll be here nxt month for 2weeks and he want to marry me even in civil have possible that our marriage accept @ his country were he leaving right now
Deepak wrote:
Monday, 22 July 2013 20:37:26 PHT
hello there I would like to ask the same question as they have asked here. sir I have visited in Phil 2 times already and I was got my visa more then stay there 26 days now I want to get married there but I don't know what is the necessary documents do I need to bring from India b'z last time I tried to get married but I dnt have any papers so this time I want to make sure for everything to get married there so pls mail me in my email id please sir do help me out this time pls tell me what is the documents I need to bring and from where I can get it????
girish wrote:
Sunday, 21 July 2013 03:21:27 PHT
I want to marriage with Philippine citizen women i am from India now i am working in Muscat she working also muscat she also want to merry with me.pls give me the advice.. pls... and we will go to Philippines soon its possible to marry there???
Shaik noor wrote:
Thursday, 11 July 2013 07:54:52 PHT
I want to marriage with Philippine citizen women i am from India now i am working in Saudi Arabia she working together she also want to merry with me.
Gerald Paul wrote:
Wednesday, 10 July 2013 20:51:01 PHT
hello, I'm from Uk and I'm planning to marry my Filipino girlfriend in Philippines I already make inquire about the procedure and requirements to getting married in Philippines at the British Embassy in Manila they told me that one of the requirements to apply the CNI is to stay 42 days clear in Philippines but my biggest problem is I don't have enough holiday to stay that longer I only have 26 days holiday. so is there's anything solution or any option to be done to get married in Philippines? me and my fiancee are totally completed requirements after all, so please anybody i need some advice. thanks
Cathy Jane canamo wrote:
Saturday, 22 June 2013 08:49:45 PHT
Hi, i just wanna ask about marraige .. My boyfriend is lebanese muslim and I'm filipina. he want to marry me this coming August 2013 in philippines what are the requirements of my bf and me.. what is kind of marriage contract that is accepted in muslim country? Civil marriage or other? And his parents doesn't know about this . He can still marry me without knowing his parents? He is 23 and I'm 22 . We love each other we want to spend our lives together by marrying me.. Plz help me about this Thank u so much..
arman wrote:
Wednesday, 19 June 2013 03:41:58 PHT
i want marry with philipen girl and also i want all my life spent to her bt how take marry with phil lots like it
ubaid durani wrote:
Friday, 7 June 2013 16:35:42 PHT
Hello My name is ubaid I'm from Afghanistan and my girlfriend in Phil how to get marry
Usman wrote:
Tuesday, 4 June 2013 16:52:22 PHT
Dear Sir, I'm happy to read your advice to those Filipino or foreigner getting married, Anyway, I had a problem here in the United Arab Emirates. I am Pakistani working here in Construction Company. And my girl friend work in office. But the problem office officer not allowed my g/f to go out site we are just talking and calling. I want married with her but she say I want you come with me in Philippine but the problem she has one kid and she say I has husband before but she say now he leave me and we are separate. Now I want to prepare going to Philippine to get marriage in Philippine. Please kindly explain me that when we married there and come back to UAE. the government of United Arab Emirates will allowed us to meet and stay to gather. If some thing happen in Philippine please advice me Sir please helps me. Thank you very much. BEST REGARD USMAN
Mona wrote:
Saturday, 1 June 2013 10:44:50 PHT
Hello! I just wanna ask because I'm getting married to an american guy and I am currently working in hongkong. And my boyfriend still in USA. Uuwi Kami nextyear sa pinas para mgpakasal. Ask po ako kung anu mga requirements kasi we will stay in pinas for a short period of time lng 4weeks lng. Is there any possible na makasal agad kmi? Taz after ng kasal apply ng visa para mkapunta ng USA. Please advice.thanks
Shy wrote:
Monday, 27 May 2013 04:37:20 PHT
Hi i am a filipina and i have a canadian boyfriend for almost 2 1/2 years. He always visit me 3 times a year or sometimes 4 times a year. And now i am 2 months pregnant. The problem is he is still married but they got separated 2008 and he is working on their divorce but the wife dont want to cooperate and she make assure that she wont sign the divorce paper even it was her falt why his husband left her So its impossible for us to get married. My question is since i am having a baby with my canadian it possible for him to bring us in canada with our coming baby?thanks i really need an honest advice
Michael wrote:
Wednesday, 17 April 2013 21:27:06 PHT
I am 31 yrs old,filipino, with stable job but I am gay. Until now i am single and I really want that this point in time I would have a family with children. I hope i cud find a girl who is willing to accept me for who i am. i am from Leyte.
Bem Caina wrote:
Wednesday, 17 April 2013 15:36:36 PHT
My fiance and I are both working abroad. We have planned to be married this December 2013. We want to set the wedding date as soon. However, Im not quite sure if we are allowed and be considered to have someone to work on the legal papers/documents (applying for the marriage license) on our behalf. Is this possible? Will we be given consideration on our case as OFWs? Thank you. I am hoping for your prompt reply.
khaye wrote:
Wednesday, 17 April 2013 12:29:01 PHT
Hello, My boyfriend is planning to come here this December 21 and we are planning to get married during his stay here for 2 weeks. He is an Australian citizen. He wants to know once we are married here in Phils if I can go with him when he gets back to his country. What is the best way to marry in Australia as fiancee visa or for him to come here to marry me? Please advice because our plan right now is to get married on Dec 2013 and I can go with him once we are already married here in phils. thanks
bill wrote:
Saturday, 23 March 2013 15:13:01 PHT
hello,im dating a pinay, how long do i need to stay there in the phillapines for the petition to marry her? 30 days?
Englapino Mike wrote:
Sunday, 17 March 2013 17:51:08 PHT
Dear Daygee Rose, I am going through this process now of getting married very soon (July - i hope), To be simple I believe the main and most important document that is needed by your fiance is "Certificate of Non-impediment" ----I am from Uk...........this may also be known as "Freedom to marry document"... Everything elde that is required can reasonable be acquired with local help at the barangay halls. I will have very soon a beautiful filipina wife , so I wish you both all happiness in the future , Mike.
Stanley wrote:
Friday, 8 March 2013 01:37:01 PHT
what are the requirement for me to travel from Nigeria to Philippines to complete my marriage with my girlfriend who is a Filipino? i seriously need your help? can you help me out on this ? please answer me via my mail box
Victoria wrote:
Thursday, 28 February 2013 19:53:05 PHT
Just to be clear.... I am a filipina living abroad. My fiance is a Dutch national who lives in Holland... We are going to Philippines in July to get married. I am a bit confused. Is my fiance who is not a resident in Philippines need to go thru the Dutch Embassy in Manila to obtain the Legal Capacity, or that procedure is only for foreigners who lives in Philippines?.... because we are time constraint.... i was wondering if he can apply for the Legal Capacity in his own country and just bring it to Phil so we can directly apply for the Marriage license once we get there.... hope to hear from you thru email.... thank you very much.
Ashary Ibrahim wrote:
Friday, 28 December 2012 03:45:39 PHT
@Daygee Rose Doverte: Buda, you need a legal adviser regarding your problem in getting married this coming march? You don't rely on this web posts and also u don't need to block me on ur social site. You see, I can find you anywhere hehe I hope you are always safe wish you all the best! BLIKBLOK.. :):(
Daygee Rose Doverte wrote:
Saturday, 15 December 2012 06:25:49 PHT
hello good day sa lahat i find this website can hel me a and my estonian boyfriend plan to geting married this coming march can we ask if what papers that he need to bring and what papers i need to prepare thanks civil weeding lang po planu nami :) salamat your reply is much appreciated
Anonymous wrote:
Friday, 7 December 2012 10:35:32 PHT
@Robin, you can bypass the tourist visa limitations (21-days) by requesting an extension about a week before you leave (not 2-3 days before so), and you can do this for 16-months. Then once your time is up, fly to Singapore and fly back after 2 or 3 days and repeat the process. I would strongly urge you to avoid doing this, not only would it be very hard for you two to live together (imagine living in a place where living alone is hard enough, but supporting another is very very hard) but I could only assume that it would harm the relationship. Your best bet is to convince your parents or get her to move to India with you (or move somewhere completely different together). I really would avoid doing anything illegal or gray area.
Edz Tabz wrote:
Monday, 3 December 2012 23:05:20 PHT
Im a Filipina planning to get married to a Malaysian guy.just want to know wat r the requiremtns.thnx
ann wrote:
Wednesday, 7 November 2012 14:08:13 PHT
hi..good day i am a filipina now wroking in saudi...i read about the information above cos im searching for some answer but unfortunately i was nt able to find it bcos u put nitherland and dutch only. im going to marry an egyptian,his marrried,his a going vacation this december and he will go phili to marry me but we really need some informations on wat to do.please please please and please help us.i want to ask if we can marry in philippine...wat will be the requirements needed since his a married man...if u can email it to me thank you very much..
Gegie wrote:
Monday, 29 October 2012 19:25:03 PHT
Hi i want to ask some more question. My future husband is a Netherlands citizen. But he was born in the Philippines, we are planning for civil weeding in davao city Philippines. What are the papers requirements he has to submit.? Please give me some advice , thnks
Jeetendra wrote:
Friday, 26 October 2012 17:34:39 PHT
Hi i m an Indian and i am in a relationship with a philipina girl.I am planning to get married to her on my first visit. to Philippines.and also planning to stay with her in Philippines. Any help me abt what kinda visa i shd apply for ..and also if i need to apply for a 30 days notice to registrar there then is it possbile to extend my visa coz i wll get viza fo 21 days only ..also what wud b to get a job there after marriage...
Robin wrote:
Wednesday, 17 October 2012 14:11:41 PHT
Hi my name is robin. i live in India at present. i want to marry a Filipino girl who lies in Philippines. i have read most of the discussion mentioned by all of you. But i have few Question for which i am looking for suitable answers. so can anyone of you help to find those answers. My Question are : 1. many of you said that i need to get legal capacity certificate for that. 2. In My case my parents are not ready for our marriage. so parents consent i will not get for tht certificate but we both are above age limit of 25. 3. i do wana live with her in Philippines after the marriage. 4. is it possible to marry her in Philippine without informing or getting consent from embassy and later after marriage we inform to embassy. 5. Tourist visa is max for 21 days .. can i apply to extend my visa after marrying her with in those 21 days or i need to come back in 21 days. 6. how can i apply for Citizenship after marrying her. 7. do i need to get any permission from Philippines embassy here in India before going to Philippines. Its my request please throw some lite on these issue.
Jinnelyn wrote:
Wednesday, 26 September 2012 06:29:57 PHT
Hello i have a boyfriend in a germany we planning to marry here in phil i am a pilipina girl..wat is the requirments?
Bobbi wrote:
Saturday, 22 September 2012 17:50:18 PHT
Do you have to lodge a certificate of no impediment to marriage in leyte or can you lodge it in luzon where we are both living now as my fiance comes from leyte originally but now lives in angeles city pls help me solve this problem as we both don`t want to travel to leyte to lodge the form in city hall there thanks bobbi
Weanyelle wrote:
Sunday, 16 September 2012 03:01:21 PHT
Hi, your website is very informative, thank you so much. I have a question; my boyfriend is a British citizen but a permanent resident in Singapore. I am a Filipina also living in Singapore but I am an S PASS holder, living in Singapore for 3yrs and still planning to continue staying in this country. If we want to get married in Philippines will he need to go back to his country to get the documents authenticated by his country's department of foreign affairs? He stayed in Singapore for 12 years and haven't go back yet to his country also no plans to go back soon yet as he is so busy with his work here in Singapore. He can only get about a week leave from work to go to Philippines to be with me in processing papers which will need both parties appearance and couple of days for the wedding.Looking forward for your advice and thank you.
Mae Cace wrote:
Wednesday, 12 September 2012 15:35:30 PHT
Hi, I am citizen of Philippines working here in Malaysia in a moment, i have a boyfriend which is Nigerian and also working here in Malaysia. Were planning to get married in Philippines next month October 2012 via Mayor (Municipality hall) as i live in Roxas City. What could be the documents he need to bring as requirements of married? And i want to know how long it takes the processing? After we married we going back here in Malaysia. I'm looking forward for your reply. Regards, Mae
Tahir Iqbal wrote:
Monday, 10 September 2012 15:55:15 PHT
I want to marry in Philippine But How ? Can you Told me ?
Jhessy wrote:
Sunday, 9 September 2012 14:57:51 PHT
Hi I'm here in Canada.I have a boyfriend in the Philippines we're planning to get married but the problem is he still married in the Philippines but his wife divorced him last year.Hope you can help us what to do.thanks
Maryjean wrote:
Saturday, 8 September 2012 11:29:40 PHT
Hi im Maryjean from Philippines hopefully you can help us with our problem.i have a fiancee living Ireland he will arrived here in the Philippines this 1st of October 2012 and we decided to live together and decided to be married here in the Philippines before the end of October but we doesn't know what are the requirements for the both of us and doesnt know how long to get a marriage license..each of us was never been married.and hopefully you can replied us ASAP...thank you and God bless..
hameed wrote:
Friday, 7 September 2012 00:29:04 PHT
i m pakistani guy and i want to marry with a filipino girl.can i live and can i get citizenship of philipine after marriaging with fillipino girl.
Richelle wrote:
Tuesday, 28 August 2012 23:31:10 PHT
our concern were not in this article, anyway my partner whose an Israeli had comply the document from his country as the eligibility as a bachelor,as of now his in Korea with a working visa in that country since in my Municipality it was ask to provide the document Legal capacity to contract marriage but from the Philippine embassy in the Korea they said there's no need for that document because his holding already the eligibility document, but our municipality insist of such document.what should we do and how we can have it since they said they need it from Philippine embassy in Manila and have a sealed in it, while in fact embassy are only outside our country.
Sajjad wrote:
Tuesday, 28 August 2012 03:46:37 PHT
Hi i need info about getting married in the manila. i have a filipina girl 29 years old and i am paskistani man 25 years old. We met online and decided to married can you tell me what the way and wat i have to do it where i have to submit my marriage certificate and how i get permanent visa
Ciara wrote:
Monday, 20 August 2012 14:31:58 PHT
Hi Jeroen! Im an aupair here in Germany and a family friend of my host family wants to marry me.We both feel inlove and want that we live together in germany and start a family soon.Is it allowed for an au pair woman to marry and have a wedding in germany just using her au pair visa? Or shall i come back to phils. after my 2 years contract and process a fiancee visa. Hope you can help me. Thank you in advance!
Grace wrote:
Friday, 17 August 2012 20:47:01 PHT
I am a Filipina married to an American last year in the Philippines..we are now here in Thailand working and in December this year I am going to give birth to our first baby also here in Thailand..Can I apply my child a Philippine passport and U.S. passport? Thanks!
Elisa ozoa wrote:
Sunday, 12 August 2012 23:17:51 PHT
Very Helpful Website. Thank you so much for the time and effort in answering the questions that we are so much in doubt. I have a question, i am a Filipina who live here in the Caribbean(British Commonwealth Country). Me and my British Fiance plan to get married in the Philippines soon. My question is, is it ok for me to get married and i dont live in the Philippines for the last six months? I will only be in the Philippines for at least 2 months to process everything. Thanks in advance and i hope you can help me. God bless you po!
Chele wrote:
Friday, 20 July 2012 10:19:11 PHT
Hi, I would like to ask if it is possible in the Philippines to got married within 3 days? My friend got married to a Korean National in 3 days. Really I can't believe how they process the papers within 3 days. I was worried for my friend. My friend is not the one who process the papers they rely on the agency who process the wedding. I want to know also, if a Pastor of Baptist Church is recognized by the law to marry.
Rizal wrote:
Wednesday, 11 July 2012 00:29:34 PHT
I'm from Malaysia..i want married a girl from bohol..where a place i want she became a muslim and where place i to married wth she in muslim part..?please help me....
Hakim wrote:
Sunday, 8 July 2012 16:01:24 PHT
Hi,thanks for all, I'm Egyptian, Muslim,28 years old,non married,and my girlfriend is Philippina,newly muslim,26 years,we are in United Arab Emirates and we want marry in Philippines,so we want ask what are the requirement please?
Brad wrote:
Tuesday, 3 July 2012 08:04:27 PHT
Hello. I'm an Australian marrying a Filipina on January 12, 2013. I will need to be in the Philippines to submit our marriage certificate at least 10 working days before the wedding, as the certificate takes this long to process. However, what's the maximum amount of time before the wedding date we can submit our marriage certificate? I will possibly arrive in Manila on 22nd of October, 2012, to submit our paperwork. This 2 and a half month process is too long? I haven't been able to find any information about this. Salamat po.
zayan wrote:
Tuesday, 19 June 2012 20:14:55 PHT
Hi.i need info about getting married in the manila . I have a filipina girl 26 year and I am a pakistani men 27 year. We met online and decided to married , tell me our married procedure and my long term living in manila after married
Julie wrote:
Monday, 11 June 2012 23:47:37 PHT
Hi.. i would like to get your advice. My Costa Rican boyfriend and I wants to get married here in the Philippines but at the same time wants to get my citizenship in their country. we are both of legal age, but are not quite sure on the process. please advice. Thank you!
Belle wrote:
Saturday, 9 June 2012 23:26:07 PHT
Hi. Thanks for the info about getting married in the phils. I am a filipina and I have a pakistani boyfriend. We met online and thus plan to meet soon. We are a bit naive about this, im 24 and he's 25, so we might like to ask some info about pakistani citizens visiting phils. we both dont have passports so we really need to ask some legal process and needed requirements for his visit. are they given the same 21-day no visa required period?
Jen wrote:
Wednesday, 30 May 2012 20:21:18 PHT
Hello can you help me m bf is a dutch planning to invite me there in Holland what is the first step to do and what are my documents needed?im a filipian
Ira wrote:
Sunday, 27 May 2012 04:19:17 PHT
My boyfriend is german and he will be here by July and we are planning to get married. He wilk only stay in 2 weeks which i thing will give us tight time to process all those stuff. Thought he can provide me the documents needd, my queation here is, can i process all other documents without him? Like him not be present during regristing for lisence and other documents that need to b process in german embassy here or on dfa. Hope you can give me some advice
george tweedie wrote:
Saturday, 28 April 2012 02:42:52 PHT
at last found a site with good information, and I too need advice, I am going to daveo city in november as I want to get married to my girlfriend, I am retired joiner from the uk, my problem is that my divorce wont come through until april may next year, after 1 year seperation,now I know I can stay for 6 months which will take me to april next year , can anyone please tell me, how I stand with this, as all my belongines are about to be shipped to my girlfriends house, and when I get there we will be getting engaged, I have all the emails stored on my dongle and photo,s I also have a valid uk passport, is there anything else I will need to take with me, I also have my b/c handy aswell, would appreciate any advice on this as the time is getting closer, and I dont want to make any mistakes especialy at my age, my girfriend is 51yo and Im 66yo and we both know what we want, at that is each other,,so please can someone help me,,,,,,,thanks alot in advance.
kristal wrote:
Monday, 23 April 2012 00:40:14 PHT
hi po.. asking for advice, where planning to get married next month, may fiance has already visa goin to philippines , my fiancee is bangladesh nationality, i just want to ask what are the requirements he needs to bring? for getting married in civil wedding? he is a muslim? do he need to get a permit from embassy of bangladesh in Manila? hoping for response thank u!
Juliet wrote:
Tuesday, 17 April 2012 12:55:18 PHT
Hello,, im Juliet pinay po,, i have a french bf po kasi for 3 years now. once palang sia nagvisit dito sa Philippines,, then he will come here this july,, is it possible for us to be married immediately? what are the documents he should bring and what are the requirements we need to accomplished to achieve our dream wedding,, weve been engaged for 2 years,, nasa france po ung fiance ko,, hope to hear from you po soon salamat
Livingdol wrote:
Monday, 16 April 2012 08:15:45 PHT
Hi, I am an indian citizen who has lived here in the philippines since 1984 under a permanent resident visa as i was married to a filipino. However my filipino partner passed away and over the years i have decided to marry. My bf is a canadian citizen and he would like to come over to the philippines to marry me. can you advice me as to what is the best thing to do? will our marriage in the philippines be legal?
Mariz wrote:
Friday, 13 April 2012 22:52:47 PHT
Hello i am a Filipina and have a Belgian bf,i have been applying a visit a friend touris visa in Belgium but denied the first attemp cos of applying by mistake cos the first time i applied was a fiancee visa i did submit it already but the following day i go to the embassy to change my application as visit a friend tourist visa n wen the result came i was being denied n then i did apply 6 months after the first application this time as a visit a friendvisa but same i was denied and the grounds why they denied my application is the same as the first apllication .It wasthe hardest n hurtful feeling i had becaouse we are exoecting that i will be there in belgium to vist n meet his family.. and now i am affraind to apply again cos of that results .It was a very traumatic experience ,thou til now we are still having acontact with each other.In applying visa i have the requirement and hiscomplete requirement too when we applied the only this i dont have is my payslip cos i dont work but mybf is the obe that will sponsor it all during my stay in belgium.. .The question is .. what will be the other requirementt i will bring if i apply again?what if he come and visit me again here can we marry here in the philippines ?Can he bring be there after we get married here {if we get married}?what are the requirements he will bring here so that wecan apply for marriage here in the philippines?Please help me i really dont knowwhat to do and i am scare of losing him we love each other too much but we cant still be together cos of that visa thing .Sometimes my bf blame me cos he said i mess it during my first application.I dolove him and i cant live with out him he is my life. .please help me and tell mewhat to do if i apply forthe 3rd time as visit a friend tourist visa with his expense during my stay there in belgium.Thanks alot hope u can help me
William wrote:
Wednesday, 11 April 2012 08:44:23 PHT
what is the quickest time known that a philippino marrying an australian in the philippines can get a visa approved to come to australia to live as husband and wife thank you so much i am getting desperate as i am in the philippines for 2 more weeks only and we want to marry now thank you so much and god bless
Satya Jeet Singh wrote:
Monday, 2 April 2012 18:31:14 PHT
Hi..m Satya and m like a Phillippino girl .... and m want marriage with her Phillippiens ... so plz guied to me if m come to there as a tourist visa then can i get a marriage with her....thanks.....
Sameer Khan wrote:
Monday, 19 March 2012 19:08:16 PHT
Hello, Iam an Indian national, living in Saudi Arabia wants to visit Philippines for 10 days, what is the procedure of getting visa. Best regards, Sameer Khan
Erica wrote:
Saturday, 17 March 2012 11:39:16 PHT
Hi, the requirements for the dutch national above doesn't indicate a passport. my fiance's passport was recently stolen and it would take about 3mons to get a new one and that's already the fastest. Would we still be able to get the declaration of no objection even without it? would appreciate your advice on this. thanks.
Josaine wrote:
Friday, 9 March 2012 17:45:59 PHT
Hi Jeroen, I am glad i found this site. I have a lil bit complicated issue and i really need ur opinion. I am engaged with an american man and he already applied for a fiancee visa, we are expecting to hear from USCIS around May or maybe so. My fiance is coming this May 2012 and planning to marry me in the Phils while my fiancee visa is still on process, he wants a pastor wedding (church wedding) but i think we need to get a license from local civil registrar for us to have a "pastor wedding" as he calls it. He suggested to ask the pastor or any parties to delay the registration of our marriage license so it wont hindrance processing of my fiancee visa. My question is: is it possible to marry without having a license from the local civil registry? Do we need to go to the US embassy to get a permission for him to be able to marry in the Phils? Pls help. thanks
Gracilda Galleto wrote:
Monday, 5 March 2012 17:14:44 PHT
My bf is from Pakistan nd i m from filippines nd i m already married but i want to marry wd my Pakistani bf so i want to know how we can do married in Dubai
Matthew wrote:
Sunday, 4 March 2012 23:14:55 PHT
I wish to marry a Philippine girl which she is working in Singapore where i am staying now . i am Singaporean and i wish to know is it possible to get engage with her and get permit to register and make her stay here as my wife . is there a way and please help me thanks i appreciate it.
Christine wrote:
Sunday, 4 March 2012 20:36:46 PHT
My Singaporean boyfriend which is a muslim want to marry me and im a filipina girl, can we get married in civil here in Philippines?and what are the requirements needed to my boyfriend and mine? pls help.
Aneesh wrote:
Friday, 2 March 2012 03:26:42 PHT
Hi, i am an Indian and i have a Philippino girl friend and i want to meet her and marry her.If i want to marry her in my first visit in Philippines. which type visa i should take and what the formalities for that.If my documents all are correct( from my country) can i marry her on my first visit in Philippines? and can i directly apply for a residence visa after marriage. please advise me.
Sam wrote:
Thursday, 1 March 2012 14:30:23 PHT
Hi i am an Indian working in Saudi Arabia. I have a girl friend in Philippines. i like to meet her in Philippines. She have invited me to Philippines to visit her i like to visit her for my vacation Kindly tell me the procedure and visa processing steps. whom i should contact. What visa do i need?, how much will be the expense for the philliphino visa to visit her. we have planned to get married later. kindly advise me
Ruth wrote:
Thursday, 1 March 2012 13:59:17 PHT
I have a dutch boyfreind and he wants me to come to Holland to get to know each other better..he would sponsor me and shoulder all the expenses..what is the first step we must do and what are my documents needed? by the way i am a Filipina...and i would like to know how will i start my application for a tourist visa... thank you and god bless..
Joy wrote:
Monday, 27 February 2012 13:30:47 PHT
Hi I am a filipina,I have british boyfriend and we're planning to get married when he arrives in july. We want a church wedding, he had completed the church requirements (cert of confirmation and baptism, and cert of freedomw to marry), now the church wont marry us until we have submitted his LEGAL CAPACITY TO MARRY which he will get at UK EMBASSY IN MAnila or Cebu. My question now, is what are the things he needed to bring to the embassy so he can get that certificate? Thank you
cheyserr aprovechado wrote:
Monday, 27 February 2012 09:59:23 PHT
Hello,good day to you,me and my boyfriend are in a right age to be married,he wants us to get very soon,like in last week of april,he is in Germany now and i am here in Cebu,my question is who should i inquire about that and what are the requirements needed?can we process that to the date we want tohave our marriage?and how much it will cost? i really needed your advice, sincerely yours cheyserr
Jhian wrote:
Sunday, 26 February 2012 22:35:52 PHT
Hi me and my fiance are getting married this coming May 2012. And my question are: Can we apply a spouse visa for Belgium after two weeks of our wedding, or is need for my husband to registered it to his country our marriage here in Philippines before we can apply for a spouse visa? Thank you Regards ] Jhian
Janette wrote:
Thursday, 23 February 2012 17:47:46 PHT
Hi, I get married last year nov.11,2011 then my husband file already the petition on me last Feb.8,2012 then my question is can you help me what those requirement that i need here in the Philippines to bring on US Embassy manila just in case of my interview? please i need your answer..
Marie wrote:
Thursday, 23 February 2012 00:36:37 PHT
I was married to my filipino husband at the age of 18.after our marriage i only dicover that i dont have record of my birth certificate at nso.I want to ask if our marriage is valid or not?if ever i want to get married again is it possible?
Lyn wrote:
Monday, 20 February 2012 23:41:54 PHT
Hi i am Lyn. My husband is working in Edmonton Alberta, Canada for almost 5 yrs until now he's still a Canada's Temporary Foreign Worker. My question is.. Is it possible that he can get married there? Pls answer me. thank you.
Shelamie Carisma wrote:
Saturday, 18 February 2012 21:54:35 PHT
Bougth of us with my husband we will getting married this April 2012.i can follow him after married to his country?should i change my status on my passport or i can change that in Philippine embassy in Malaysia later.cause my passport is still valid...thank you...i need your response sir
Leah Hatchard wrote:
Thursday, 16 February 2012 05:21:45 PHT
Only those things I submitted in British embassy ( cenomar,birth certificate and passport )
Leah Hatchard wrote:
Thursday, 16 February 2012 05:15:09 PHT
To Steven hi I am a filipina, me and my British husband just got married last year here in Philippines, tell to your fiancée to prepare the following passport, certificate of no marriage and birth certificate from n.s.o all should be original copy. Then your requirements are divorce letter certificate of no impediments, birth certificate and passport. Then you are going to submit it all at British embassy then after a week you will be recieving a certification letter together with that documents which is needed in applying for marriage license.
Steven Nicholson wrote:
Wednesday, 15 February 2012 18:04:32 PHT
Me and my Fillipina fiance are getting married in the Philippines, we have an appointment in april with the British embassy in manila, i have all my documents, passport, birth certificate, divorce papers, certificate of no impediment, could someone please tell me wjat my fiance needs to bring , she as her cemenar from the nso and birth certificate and employment id, but she doesnt have a passport, could someone tell me if she requires anything else, thanks steve.
Teresa wrote:
Saturday, 11 February 2012 01:23:39 PHT
I have American baby(5 months old), and now on my annulment process, atty said it will take till august 2012, my question is.. what should be the first step we should make? registration of citizenship of my baby (CRBA) or wait till my annulment is done? i know i cannot apply visa yet till annulment done.. pls help me, answer will be very appreciated :) sincerly yours teresa!!!
Marisol Mavrogiannis wrote:
Monday, 30 January 2012 08:44:21 PHT
I got married last April 1 2011 here in the Philippines and my husband is a u.s citizens do i need to have a red ribbon on my documents and what visa do i need to obtain? pls tell me the step by step process of my papers after the marriage so that i can get a visa to be with my husband.. thank u so much.. hoping for your help!!
Ria Dacanay wrote:
Sunday, 22 January 2012 22:11:27 PHT
Hi! just want to ask if two Filipino were married in Saudi arabia and grated citizenship in UK. Does their marriage still valid here in the Philippines?
Marichel Hevike wrote:
Monday, 16 January 2012 18:29:34 PHT
Hi we are already married here in Germany pero civil lng..we plan our simple beach wedding during our vacation this coming july..can u tell us what we need and give some info saan ako makakuha ng wedding planner sa bohol n kaya po namin sa guest is only my family..thanks
Jaan wrote:
Saturday, 14 January 2012 17:28:09 PHT
Hi! Im a Filipina and getting married soon with my Indian boyfriend here in our country, we are both in right age and single as well. I would like to ask if how long will it takes for the wedding preparation(civil wedding) since his length of stay here is just for a couple of weeks and what are the documents needed? Once we got married and he want me to be with him in India for good, is it easy for us to get my visa and what kind of visa will be provided for me. Thank's much and god bless
VG wrote:
Saturday, 14 January 2012 14:06:47 PHT
Filipina with Australian fiancee or Spouse!! We can assist you with your visa application to Australia. Contact me at 09275923916 or email me at
Brenda wrote:
Wednesday, 11 January 2012 22:17:46 PHT
Hi..I need help my boyfriend is Australian and we are planning to get marry here in Phil.what are the requirements needed?thanks
Anna wrote:
Wednesday, 11 January 2012 11:43:51 PHT
I am a Filipino and got married to a Turkish national last 2006 in Philippines but now we are separated for almost 4yrs. He didn't register our marriage in Turkey, so he got chance in marrying a Thai girl in Thailand last 2007 to have his son becomes Turkish national and now he got married in Turkey to his same kind last 2011. I asked him several times to file a divorce but he is not cooperating. Now since we don't have divorce in Philippines is there a possibility that my marriage will be annulled even he is not cooperating? Is there a chance I can get married again. Thank you very much.
Gracey wrote:
Monday, 9 January 2012 18:31:13 PHT
I have an American boyfriend.. and we're planning to get married next year hopefully.. what are the requirements required? My fiancee was married to a chinese woman before but was divorced 10 years ago.. Im 22 yrs old.. Please need your advice.tnx
Ai wrote:
Monday, 9 January 2012 15:43:22 PHT
Hi good morning i have a question since i read this post here mybe u can help me also i have boyfriend austria guy but his working now in mexico i quit my job for him just becoz he want me to be with him wherever he will be assign my question is what visa i will apply? were now engaged is it better to marry first in philippines or in his country first?if we marry here in philippines first is it easy now to get visa for me to be with him.pls help thank u:)
JVUSA wrote:
Wednesday, 4 January 2012 15:50:05 PHT
I'm from the USA with family in Germany. I want to be a European citizen and I need help figuring all this marriage stuff out once I find a woman:)
Carey wrote:
Wednesday, 4 January 2012 15:07:25 PHT
hello.. I need help my bf is polish and we are planning to get marry here in phil soon.He have legal capacity for marriage already,do he need to bring it to his consular office of poland manila? tnx!
Mark wrote:
Saturday, 17 December 2011 12:38:31 PHT
hi. I have tried unsuccessfully to get a definitive answer to my question: regarding the marriage licence in the philippines, I do realise that it takes about 10 days to obtain it once the application has been submitted. I am a UK citizen, does that mean that once the application has been submitted I have to remain in the philippines until it is granted?
napintas wrote:
Sunday, 4 December 2011 03:27:23 PHT
Hi i am a Filipina and married 2 times with my filipino ex's and i just got married to my American BF.. What is the problem may arise if my American husband start to apply my spouse visa to bring me in his country? now that CENOMAR is required as one of the requirements to be attached to my papers.. and i never get annulled but i am 13 years separated to my first ex husband and 11 years separated to my 2nd ex husband.. I have 2 children with different family name.. There is still a possible that my new husband now can still get me and my 2 children there? Because i am sure that once i get a CENOMAR it will appeared there that i am married to 3 guys... Please give me some ideas and advices before my new husband start to work my visa.. I am looking forward to your help.. please send your email reply to and please post also your reply here so that if anyone has same problem as mine they will get your ideas and advices that can help them also.. thank you and more power to you..
pinay wrote:
Saturday, 3 December 2011 13:39:44 PHT
This site contains helpful information for Canadians married to Filipino and help in process for sponsorship They provide free consultation as well.
Peter wrote:
Friday, 2 December 2011 17:22:11 PHT
I am an Australian citizen and I have just today (2nd of December, 2011) returned from the Philippines after going there to marry my Filipino fiancee. According to the Australian Embassy website, just TWO (2) documents are required - a Certificate of No Impediment and a Marriage License. I sent my fiancee an application form for the issue of a CNI, fully filled in as necessary, and she went to Manila and got it. Great we thought - until she went to her local City Hall to apply for the Marriage License. Despite her having a Cenomar (CErtificate of NO MARriage), she was told that she also needed a CNI and that I would also need a Cenomar. She got her CNI immediately from another office in City Hall, not a problem, but she would have to go back to Manila again to apply for my Cenomar, it takes a week to process before issue, and then there is a 10 day wait on a marriage license before the ceremony can be undertaken. The 7 day wait for my Cenomar blew our timetable out of the water because my planned 2 week trip was already booked, so our marriage plans failed since we couldn't get my Cenomar fast enough. But wait, there's more! She was also told that I needed to have a Single Status Certificate. Note that the Cenomar and SSC are not mentioned on the Embassy website - it only says that a CNI and Marriage License are required. And.... the Single Status Certificate is issued by Australian authorities in my home state of NSW (by the Bureau of Births, Deaths and Marriages in Sydney), yet the Embassy website states that "documents issued in Australia or other countries are not acceptable to the Philippine authorities". So what use is the Single Status Certificate if it is issued in Australia and is not acceptable? Why ask for it then? It doesn't make sense! And yet my fiancee was told by her local City Hall that I had to have the SSC? So while the Australian Embassy website states that just two documents (CNI and Marriage License) are required, that seems to be NOT the case because I was also required to get a Cenomar and a Single Status Certificate. So whatever your country, you will need to check and check again about exactly what documents are required. My embassy says just those two (the CNI and M/L) and other embassies will probably say the same thing, but just be aware that when you apply for the marriage license you might be asked for more than what you think you need. I have also read that the marriage celebrant may also ask for other documents (who knows what they might be!) so check with your celebrant first. As we have found with our failed plans, there are a lot of T's to cross and I's to dot before you can get married in the Philippines. By the way, the Certificate of No Impediment that was issued to me does not appear to be worth the paper it is written on. It does not state that I am not married, or that I have no record of marriage, but merely says that I have stated that the information contained in my application is true and correct, with the signatory (Consular Officer) to my CNI then stating: "I am unable to verify whether this information is true and correct but, on the basis that it is, there is no legal reason why (my name) cannot marry (my fiancee's name)". Proceed with caution, and good luck!

Hi Peter and thanks for your story. Sad to hear about your experience, and sad also that many local administrators do not know the rules either, and thus fancy up additional requirements (which can be pretty hard to avoid). For foreigners, what is required (by law) is a certificate of no impediment, issued by the foreigner's country's embassy, and in our case that was similar to yours and also listed both our names. They will also ask for a birth certificate and some certificate specifying your single status. (Nowadays those need to be legalized, normally by the Philippine embassy in the country they come from, which will only legalize documents first legalized by the department of foreign affairs of that same country.) Asking a Cenomar from a foreigner is new to me (but not as crazy as it may sound, as some foreigners play the system and get married in the Philippines multiple times without registering their marriage in their home country; furthermore, it can be obtained with relative ease, if done in-time). With those documents in place and all requirements met, the municipal officer should give you a marriage permit ten days after application.

What this shows is that you need to plan ahead, and be prepared to get some additional paperwork done, even if not strictly required, and a two week schedule is really tight. When we got married, we needed five weeks...--Jeroen

Rica wrote:
Tuesday, 29 November 2011 18:23:42 PHT
Hello. I have read your page, and this has been a really good help. My boyfriend is American, and I am Filipina and he will visit next year. We're already planning to get married, and live in America, but the thing is, we don't know WHERE to get married because I have read an article concerning this topic too -- that if we're married here in Philippines with foreign boyfriend, it will be harder for me to go to America to live with him, so filing a K-1 visa (Fiance/e Visa) will be needed. So I just want to ask what would be easier: Getting married here in the Philippines, or, once he visits me here, we can now file for visa and marry there? Please help me. I've been bothered by this for many years now. Thanks so much! Im hoping for your reply.
muhammad saad shaikh wrote:
Tuesday, 29 November 2011 00:53:50 PHT
i m looking for supoter girls i love you to much
Steven Nicholson wrote:
Thursday, 24 November 2011 06:04:59 PHT
Hi i am from the uk and i am getting married in the Philippines next april, my fiance is filipana and lives in tacloban, i have been told i dont need a visa to enter the country, when i arrive i show my return ticket and i ask for visa upon arrival which gives me a extra 38 days on top of my 21 which im allowed on my passport, i then need my birth certificate, divorce papers cause i was married before and certificate of singleness or none impediment from the manila embassy, this is what i was told from the imigration officer at manila airport, could anyone please tell me if this is true, do i need a notary of any kind, cause no one mentioned one and also my fiance inquired at the imigration office and she was told the same as me, i just want to make certain cause after we marry i am applying for permenant visa, i have given everything up i thre uk so when i arrive i dont wish to go back, so its vital i get everything right and make no mistakes, thank you
Anne wrote:
Monday, 21 November 2011 17:13:54 PHT
Hello! Just wanna ask something if what are the requirements to be needed when u will get married foreigner..My bf is from Sweden and we are planning to get married on july next year.I want to know if what should he will do,before going to Philippines and how long he can be able to stay in there?We are both Christian Protestant and we are planning to get married in our church of course! Hope to hear from u soon.. thanks and more power GOD bless us all!
Final Holdout wrote:
Sunday, 20 November 2011 21:31:36 PHT
I saw what it said about entering the country (Philippines) with my filipina spouse and being able to stay up to two years without a visa. If we were to marry in the Philippines (she is still there could I stay there up to two years from the wedding date without a visa?
Nafsal Velikkoth wrote:
Saturday, 19 November 2011 21:11:49 PHT
I am 22 years old i have indian citizenship .and i arrange a marriege with philippin girl she is elder than me .tell me if our age difference make any problem.she is plane come to manila and i would like to come their at one month validity visa .that time is enough to marrieng?,please tell me the rules and regulationes for our marrieg. My email id is i wait for reply
Melissa wrote:
Wednesday, 16 November 2011 22:47:06 PHT
Hello I have a questions, I am a philippine resident and my boyfriend is Australian. We want to get married in a Catholic church this coming march, but he is not catholic. Is there any possibility that we still can married in March even he is not catholic? On some church they said my boyfriend need to be baptized and confirmed first before we can get married but it will take long time and he is not able to go back here anytime we need because of his job. Please send me some information or things that can help us.thank you so much
vishrut wrote:
Wednesday, 9 November 2011 06:42:57 PHT
I am planning to get married to a woman in Philipines she is working in middle east and will be there in manila for 2 months in may or june I am an Indian and will be coming to Phillipines for almost 3 weeks if its possible to get married in such time span if the formalities for the permit are done before i reach there and how about the church seminars are they necessary to attend and how much time it takes to finish seminars.I ll be obliged if you can answer the queries i have thanks
Haiden wrote:
Monday, 7 November 2011 00:32:27 PHT
Hello dear, I'm Haiden i have question about in getting married as first timer in this situation, I have a boyfriend in Germany and he want to marry me here in the Philippines. what should the documents he need to process in the Germany so that he can go here and marry me here in the Philippines? thank you I am looking forward soon as possible for the reply. God Bless!!
Sudesh wrote:
Tuesday, 1 November 2011 14:35:40 PHT
Sir I want marry with Philippines girl.I want come on tourist visa. and I want visa for more days in Philippines.after I want do job in Philippines. then Sir please give me advice . and What I do Arrange papers for Marriage ?
Inez Amante wrote:
Thursday, 27 October 2011 23:38:59 PHT
If you need a lawyer please check the website of Atty Tolentino..!
chukwuma wrote:
Thursday, 27 October 2011 13:56:55 PHT
im chukwuma a nigerian im in china i meet this filipino we fall inlove and we agree get marry now we have new born baby boy. what should i do? she like us to get married in the philippines and is ok by me. pls what should i do? thanks for ur help
Philip wrote:
Wednesday, 26 October 2011 09:24:29 PHT
Thanks fos your assistance. Am philip a Nigerian, i met a Filippino in kuwait city and both fel inlove and agree to get married. But my Filippino woman insist that our marriage must take place in Manila, yes i accept to go with her to Manila because she want her mother to witness her wedding. Am in Nigeria at the moment, how do i get to manila? How do i go about it?
Ylred wrote:
Sunday, 23 October 2011 05:30:51 PHT
Hi, Been reading here about the process of getting married with a non-filipino and quite confused whether was it really that easy to go thru this. Actually i am on the same case, only that I am here now in Qatar and my fiancee is in U.K. We are planning of getting married and finding the easiest way out to do so,wherein he can bring me immediately to States after our marriage. But with the above cases, it seems that this is really a long process, so I would like to ask for your advise which is the best place for us to get married, was it in the Phils. or here in Qatar. Actually he wanted us to get married there in States but i wanted to have my parents to witness our wedding, so I was hoping that this is possible and same time would take a long time for him to bring me to States. So if you can tell us the right way to process this easily and get married in Phils., how long will it take before I can go with him in the States. Or would it be really easier if we marry in the States and what kind of visa and the requirements would I need so I can go there easily as well. Thank you and will really appreciate your help on this.
ClUe wrote:
Thursday, 20 October 2011 14:32:07 PHT
Hi there same as question of others i would like to know what documents do we need to prepare for the wedding? My american bf want to marry me but he will only have 3 weeks longer for staying here. What my usa man docs need to bring for our wedding, what shall i have to for our wedding. thanks a lot.
ClUe wrote:
Thursday, 20 October 2011 14:30:51 PHT
Hi there same as question of others i would like to know what documents do we need to prepare for the wedding? My american bf want to marry me but he will only have 3 weeks longer for staying here. What my usa man docs need to bring for our wedding, what shall i have to for our wedding. Kindly waiting for immediate response.
Alchris wrote:
Wednesday, 19 October 2011 23:45:22 PHT
Hello Jeron, I'm 28,married to a Belgian husband decided to have his lawyer do the process of getting the visa spousal visa for me in Belgium and we have waited for over a year now. Unfortunately, his lawyer died and no one knew of the papers because the lawyer kept in confidential. My question is, will it take many months for me to get a visa if we process it here in the Phils? How long does it take? What can be done now in case they will find a file of me there and apply for another one? Is it possible? We do need help because we have been separated over a year waiting for the visa.. Any legal actions that i need to consider? Thanks a lot!
Haira1230 wrote:
Monday, 17 October 2011 17:24:41 PHT
I'm a filipina 17 and my bf is a indian muslim i want to know that can i go in india? What papers do i need?what kind visa do i choose becoz im a under age can i go in abroad with this age? what to do first?im so confuse can u help me pls. i well appreciate it..thank u so much for advance email me on this may go bless safe!
Ann Schotman wrote:
Thursday, 13 October 2011 12:10:48 PHT
hello sir im filipina married to a dutch guy,can you please help me what are the requirements for spouse visa to join my husband in belgium.thanks and more power to you...hoping for your quick reply....thanks again
Anne wrote:
Wednesday, 12 October 2011 22:37:17 PHT
Hi im married in a belgium national and the judge didnt required me to have a cenomar and when we inquire in the embassy i need a cenomar.and i had my cenomar after we got married(coz our marriage didnt registered that time) it ok to have it eventhough the date in the cenomar is already 2 weeks after our marriage? please help me...
Randy wrote:
Wednesday, 12 October 2011 22:08:58 PHT
Good day.. my boyfriend and i, planning to get married. He is german, i want to know if its ok to get married here in the phillipines. And also what are the requirements about the marriage.. thank you so much..
Anisa Delhanty wrote:
Monday, 10 October 2011 22:35:43 PHT
Hi guys,i am British citizen and i want to mary my philippino boyfriend in Thailand,does anyone know how long will the DFA take to authenticate the cenomar and birth certificate??please is urget,does any one knows?? kind regards
Mench wrote:
Monday, 10 October 2011 16:50:37 PHT
Hi Im mench and were planning to get married with my boyfried..His from germany.But my question is where did he get the legal capacity?He called at Berlin but they told him they dont know?so please give me some idea I really need it asap..thank you
Naveen wrote:
Sunday, 9 October 2011 22:26:54 PHT
Hello sir i need to know so answer , im from India and I'm in love with a Filipino girl, she is catholic and im a Muslim but before we get married she like 2 get converted in to my cast and i also wish her to get converted into Muslim . how and where she can get converted in to Muslim and how long does it take , and where can we get married ? and wat are the procedure i should do to get married a Filipino girl and wat are the paper i must bring
Marisolperolino wrote:
Sunday, 9 October 2011 21:21:27 PHT
Hello, Thank you for this site.. Can you please help me,i am filipina, my polish boyfriend was in poland, he is polish, and he plan to go here in Philippines in march for marriage, can you please help me the requirements of mine?document i prepared? i have no idea about getting married to foriegn.he plan after we get married here, he bring me to Poland.he said he have already papers for getting married here, but me, i have no papers yet...Im hoping for your reply...Thank you so much...
Unnikrishnan wrote:
Thursday, 29 September 2011 23:26:28 PHT
I am in love with a philippine citizen girl. we like to live togather in India.wats the procedure to get married and settle in me guys...hopefully,
Mike wrote:
Sunday, 25 September 2011 08:57:52 PHT
I'm in love with a guy from the Philippines and want him to move to America. Can we get married in one of the states such as hawaii? And if so, will it allow him to move to America? He currently has a work visa for America. We are both men....
Sharon wrote:
Sunday, 25 September 2011 06:17:36 PHT
Pls help me, I am married to u.s citizen my husband passed away last sept 2011, my question is because our marriage is less than 2 yrs what benefits that i can get to his ssa? and he died for 55,hope guys help me, I am grateful for ur help...
Mercy wrote:
Thursday, 22 September 2011 21:34:29 PHT
Hi, is it possible that before my fiance arrived here in manila, i already applied for the marriage application certificate,, i have my CENOMAR and BC both for me and my child,, coz he will only stay here for 10 days,, so upon his approval we can married soon like 2 days after his arrival,, (i will asked him to send me the divorce papers from his previous marriage and letter to "capacity to get married"...) pls help, thanks
Rosie wrote:
Tuesday, 20 September 2011 10:43:47 PHT
Hello to every one!!!I am from Phils..I have some question and i need an answer cos my fiancee and me are planning to get married here in December 29,2011 and he want me to bring in France after the wedding..Did he can bring me in France after wedding easily?If not how long it will take so i can live in France with him...What documents i need to submit so i can legally live with him in France?It is difficult for me since i live here in Zamboanga Sibugay Mindanao..I just want to know what is the requirements i need so i can go to France easily after wedding...Marriage contract is the one,passport also and what other documents i need.....I really need your help so i can work it easily....When i found this site i found that i can have an answer to my question so i email you....Thank you so much..... Respectfully yours, Rosie
Nath wrote:
Tuesday, 13 September 2011 17:50:41 PHT
hello, very informant website, hoping I can get some answer I have just (3 weeks ago) come back from the Philippines after marrying my ( now ) wife, I live in Australia.. We will receive the marriage certificate in approximately 2 weeks from the nso, I have to many questions to ask, and don't know where to start, but here goes Exactly what evidence is required when we submit the forms, so far we know of from my side, are bank statements? receipts? marriage certificate? photos? employer statement? friends / family statements? and evidence of finances? what else may be required? After submitting the forms, approximately how long could it take? we're thinking 6 months, is that a correct thought? Is it cheaper to process the visa in the Philippines, than it is in Australia ? what visa is the correct one for me to obtain? i want her to have the option to work and live on a spous visa(is that right)?, but theres so many forms to choose from, we don't have any dependants..children etc.
John wrote:
Friday, 9 September 2011 17:31:21 PHT
What added hassles are there for marrying an unmarried mother (child not yours)?
michael wrote:
Friday, 9 September 2011 04:30:13 PHT
im in the usa and going to marry in philipphines i have been married already two times and i have my divorce papers from my recent marriage to take but do i need my first marriage divodce papers also if you can help me someone thank you so very much have a great day and when we marry i will let you know how it went thanks so much michael
baby wrote:
Thursday, 8 September 2011 06:35:57 PHT
hi good morning i am chel,, I live in surigao ,my fiancee and i want to get married here in phil, what we have to do to make our all papers done and to make it fast? his just planning to stay here three weeks only i want to ask if theres any way to make legal capacity in advanced which means if he can process it advanced in there country ,,,so when he arrived here ,, the embacy well issue him legal capacity?pls i am waiting ur answer
Hayley wrote:
Tuesday, 6 September 2011 12:23:56 PHT
Hi i have searched all possible sites and found no answers to my question which is that my fiance is cameroonian and there is no cameroon embassy in the phillippines so how can we possibly legalize his certificate of marrigability? we were told that it can be done through the department of foreign affairs but no one can confirm this for us. we have tried calling them to no avail any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. many thanks hayley.
Anne wrote:
Sunday, 4 September 2011 14:05:01 PHT
hi My name is marianne a filipina woman i just wanna know what are the things to be needed if i get marry here in the Philippines with a man who reside in UK but he is a Portugese there any problem if possible? i wanna hear your response thank you & More power anne
Lany wrote:
Tuesday, 30 August 2011 22:35:30 PHT
I am a transgendered from Philippines and I really wanna work abroad and I am looking for a sponsor who can help me to be there and work there. It's my dream to work abroad because I have to many dreams in my life that I want to have.
Tony wrote:
Monday, 29 August 2011 05:57:56 PHT
Hi, I have a couple questions. I'm coming to the PH. in January and planning on staying for 2 months or so.My Fiancee want to get get married there. What im trying to find out is am I able to bring any documented from here united states saying im free to get married or does have to be from the embassy there in manila? I dont want to spend our time running around to different areas. thx Tony
Icy wrote:
Friday, 26 August 2011 01:00:57 PHT
Hi Izzy, we are on the same situation but my problem right now is that I can get our Marriage License two days before he leave. Is there a faster way to get a CENOMAR?
Izzy wrote:
Wednesday, 24 August 2011 03:14:16 PHT
Hello there, My name is Izzy a Filipina and my fiancee is from Finland. We planned to get married sometime next month. We are now on the process of preparing the needed documents as he is only staying in the Philippines for 3 weeks so we need to get everything ready. The question that bothers me the most is that the document Legal Capacity to Marry is issued in his country in Finland and we had it stamped from the ministry and signatures on it, followed by the red ribbon in the Embassy of Philippines in his country. From where i read your article, it says that the foreigner should get the paper Lagal Capacity to Marry in his embassy inside here in Philippines. Will they accept the document we have or shall we need to go again to his embassy in Manila which will really require time for both of us since i lived in Cebu and we don't have enough time considering he will only be staying in 3 weeks and he has to go back for his work. I really need your help on this as for me, there's nothing wrong on it as we both have CENOMAR papers and just in case these stupid people who is processing this kind of things don't understand of the kind of document we have. I need your advice on this one.
Ann wrote:
Tuesday, 23 August 2011 00:11:11 PHT
Hi, thanks for the advice. But me and my ex-husband got married here in philippines and UK too. and i know this is very difficult for me to get an annulment. how long would it takes for the annulment to process here in Philippines? but what if my ex won't agree about the annulment thing? he told me before that he won't sign or anything if i will file an annulment. what can i do ? or what else should i need to do to get it done? and how can i contact the British Consulate in Uk to file a divorce? please i wanna know... Thanks again for your help and advice. Ann
Ann wrote:
Sunday, 21 August 2011 22:08:48 PHT
Hello, my name is Ann from Philippines. i am married to a British man almost 3 yrs now. and we have a son. but then our marriage is crap and he is a physical abusive. so we separated for almost a year now. And i found this man in Australia and we meet in person and he wants me to get a visa to go to Australia but he wants to get a fiancee visa for me. and i am not yet annul. is possible for me to get fiancee visa even if i am still married to my ex husband? what should i do, pls i need your advice with this things. and your help is much more appreciated.

This is a difficult situation that occurs quite regularly. It is unfortunate that Philippine law still provides a "life sentence" on saying "I do" to the wrong person, but that is for the politicians to change (although annulment is one way out, it takes a long time, and is not always successful). However, since you are married with a foreigner, if you are still on relatively reasonable speaking terms, you can ask your husband to file for a divorce in the UK. You can also file for a divorce in the UK yourself, but for that you need to find a UK solicitor who can do that for you (maybe the British consulate or Filipino support groups in the UK can point you to one), but in that case you need to be aware that foreign divorces are only recognized in the Philippines if initiated by the foreign partner. I think Australia will fully recognize a UK divorce.--Jeroen.

Apple Monticarlo wrote:
Friday, 12 August 2011 13:25:59 PHT
I'm Filipino citizen and im also a transgenger my bf was from u.s.a and i wants to get maried but how we dont know whos person need to contact to help us to get it all the document legal plz we will wait your responds thanks
Areesha wrote:
Thursday, 11 August 2011 20:10:45 PHT
Helo, i am a filipina and i have a boyfriend who is from pakistan. We have plan to get marriend in philippines after i finish my contract here in japan but we have a problem since he was married with a japanese, they have one daughter but they are separated for 3 years already, he cannot file a devorce because of thier business will be also affected. What can we do in order to get married in philippines? Is it impossible to get a certificate for legal capacity from thier embassy? Please need your adivice. We loved each other so much and we have so much plan for the future.
James wrote:
Monday, 8 August 2011 02:26:56 PHT
I am trying to bring my fiancée here to the us i want to know what is all i need she want to get married in her country the philippine.. i have the fiance paper getting ready to go see her.. i want to get that all ready bring her back i want to know how fast word it will be the paper be process to bring her here if you have the answer get back to me tell me more
CiBi wrote:
Friday, 5 August 2011 00:30:31 PHT
greetings!i hope you can also enlighten me. 2008 i had an aupair visa in denmark, this allows me to go in france. so visa expired and i stay in paris, i work, i managed to have bank account, proof of address. then i met my french boyfriend and we decided to live together in another city in france, we did PACS last april 2011. we had address, bank account together. and now we are thinking how to legalized my situation because we want to start a family, pls advised what is the best way for us to do, we are thinking of some options also: - we want to have a civil wedding in municipality then go back to the philippines to work with the visa. but we are scared that the police will arrest me in the municipality - can we be married instead in the philippine embassy? - or will the french embassy in the philippines honor our PACS contract. and which kind of visa to ask? please help, so lost. thank you
Kira wrote:
Thursday, 4 August 2011 19:32:00 PHT
Hi my fiancee and I had plan to get married, i am filipina 25yO single and my fiancee ws 35yO also single hes Austrian, we live together for almost 3 years and we decided to get marrie dthis year, for gettin married What is the requirements that we need?
Glenda wrote:
Wednesday, 27 July 2011 15:02:50 PHT
I am Filipina single and not yet married, I have fiance living in United Kingdom who will coming here and he will marry me here in Philippines, he told me that he will stay 3 months and when he return in UK he want me already to bring there also, I have already passport and he told me to change it once we marry, he is already divorced for 10 years, so i just want to know if its possible that he can bring me in the United Kingdom after we marry? what documents we need to get? or what we need to do?

I think it will be difficult to get your visa arranged within three months. You need not change your passport if you indicate that you want to keep your own name after marriage, that is now possible under Philippine law, however, getting the marriage certificate to the NSO in Manila alone may take up to three months, and a certified true copy is required to apply for a visa based on partnership. Then, foreign immigration authorities often take several months to process such applications. Assume you will need at least six months to process your papers.--Jeroen.

jenniemae wrote:
Sunday, 24 July 2011 22:05:30 PHT
hi,good afternoon..i just want to know if my norwegean boyfriend can still marry me in the Philippines? because he is married in the Philippines but my boyfriend and her ex pilipina wife get divorced in norway,so i just want to ask if he can still marry me in philippines? is the certificate of divorced is enough for us to get married in philippines?
lisa wrote:
Friday, 22 July 2011 20:32:55 PHT
h!my name is lisa and i am a filipina i would like to ask if i can marry a muslim lebanese in the philippines by a civil marriage... my problem is he is still married with his 2nd wife and i'm pregnant right now.also he want to live with me back home. what am i supposed to do to get marry and what are the things we have to do?
stephen wrote:
Tuesday, 19 July 2011 04:59:34 PHT
Hi everyone, i just found this site by accident and i cant believe some of the questions here! I am English, i came to the Philippines last May for 3 weeks, and during that time I got married to my g/f who is Filipina. On May 21st I returned to the UK and on November 4th that same year I met my wife at Heathrow. I dont understand all the problems you people are having here, unless I happened to be extremely lucky.
shane bartolo wrote:
Sunday, 17 July 2011 22:56:15 PHT
I am engaged and planning on marrying in the philippines. I am aware of what is required for me to marry. But I am not sure where to get a letter of no objection from in Australia? Also I was not aware My fiance in the philippines needed to provide any information? What is she required to supply?
juls wrote:
Wednesday, 13 July 2011 04:00:43 PHT
alpha events wrote:
Tuesday, 12 July 2011 11:11:14 PHT
Hi, for questions and assistance regarding getting married in the philippines you can email me at
honeyL wrote:
Friday, 1 July 2011 14:51:15 PHT name is Mica.. i am from manila... i need to know so bad ..if any of yoou have an idea of legally living in US.. i am engaged with my man and been in a rrelationship for two years now...and every time he visits me after coming here feels like hell without him.,. can i ask if ever we get married here in p hilippines.. could it be possibly he can bring me faster with him back in his country? or it is better to get married in his country?? i wanna be with him every day pls..i need help..if anyone of you knows about my situation..pls help..thank you God bless.pls email me.
Jeneth Dean Ramos wrote:
Tuesday, 28 June 2011 00:28:14 PHT
Hi, do you know if how much cost to pay in malacanang and DFA for leagalization? thanks
Jeneth Dean Ramos wrote:
Monday, 27 June 2011 03:35:57 PHT
I read the website the Phil. embassy, they legalize LCCM (Legal capacity to contract marriage). So we got a CENOMAR and send it to the embassy to be legalized, but after two weeks we don't get reply. The website said three days. And they don't reply messages through the website..

Unfortunately, it is quite common that emails are not answered. In that case, a phone call can help.--Jeroen.

Jeneth Dean Ramos wrote:
Sunday, 26 June 2011 23:55:57 PHT
Hi, my name is Jeneth. I'm Filipina live here in Norway, I have plan to get married soon, but I have a problem my cenomar, I need to get legalization but I don't know where I send my cenomar to get legalization,I want to know if Phil. embassy here in Norway help me to get legalization? I want to know plz help me... thanks

Somebody in Manila needs to do the legalization, following the route given above. You can ask the Philippine Embassy in Norway what they can do, but probably they can only legalize documents first legalized by the DFA in Manila.--Jeroen.

Jocyl wrote:
Friday, 24 June 2011 14:25:12 PHT
I just wanna ask if the guy who is an American citizen will lost his citizenship after the wedding or not?
Ruth wrote:
Saturday, 18 June 2011 23:44:39 PHT
Are you serious about two foreigners not being able to get married in the Philippines? I'm American and my fiancee is Irish. We want to get married in the Philippines. Are you saying there is no possible way for us to get married legally in the Philippines?
Raymund wrote:
Tuesday, 14 June 2011 17:25:11 PHT
I'm a US Citizen married to a Filipina in Cebu. My wife want to cheat of having a relationship with someone in Europe. Can they get married even though I'm married to her? Can a European guy get married to a married Filipina ladies?

Legally no. In practice there is no end to the cunning ways people can find to get around such annoying obstacles as the law...--Jeroen

kristal wrote:
Monday, 13 June 2011 22:54:05 PHT
I just want to ask i have my bf his from bangladesh a muslim, were planning to get marrried in civil wedding next year, what are the requirements he will bring? because his a muslim , and i'm a is possible to ask the judge instead to get married not in the city hall, instead in a venue like garden wedding ??????? and how long it takes the process to get married in a civil wedding that were not same nationality? hope i got ur response. thank u!
Dess wrote:
Sunday, 5 June 2011 22:00:55 PHT
"At least one of the partners is a Philippine citizen. Two foreigners cannot marry in the Philippines. Resident foreigners should contact their own embassy or consulate, as in that case their consulate may be entitled to perform a marriage."

What if both were born and raised in the Phils but now they are both US citizens, what can they do to have a catholic wedding in the Phils? They are civilly married in the US.

Two options: 1. Talk with the priest, show him the documents that proof that you are already civilly married, and ask him to preform only the church wedding, without the civil aspects. 2. Avail of your option to regain Philippine citizenship. (Check first what that implies for your US citizenship with a US immigration lawyer.)--Jeroen.

Aveno'Sullivan wrote:
Sunday, 5 June 2011 06:09:33 PHT
Hi my name is Aven .im Irish an i want to get married in the Philippines,, davao to my fiancee of 2 years im planning to go over in july next month ,, can u tell me wath i need to do i plan on marrien an liven with her an her family can u tell me wat documents i need... thanks aveno'sullivan
Jane wrote:
Tuesday, 31 May 2011 08:22:15 PHT
Hello i am a Filipino citizen. My boyfriend is Canadian citizen. what is the best possible way to get there in Canada? do my boyfriend need to marry me first here in the Philippines?Sense i am 2months pregnant now we want that i born my baby there.and how long it will takes? thanks i really need your idea on this.
Rockie wrote:
Tuesday, 24 May 2011 21:43:32 PHT
I am a British male, my partner is Filipina, she has been married in the past, abandoned by her husband 9 years ago, he has left the country with another woman, my partner lived with me in London before her visa ran out and they would not re-new it, I fly here every 6 months but only get 21 days visa, we wish to marry what must we do?

This is a question that pop's up every once-in-a-while, and I do not know the definitive answer. There is no divorce in the Philippines, and the alternative, nullification of the marriage is only possible in a few cases. A legal separation in the Philippines is possible. Obtaining a divorce in the UK is normally only possible for a foreigner if he or she has been a resident in the UK for a prolonged time. My advice is to discuss all the possible options with a lawyer, both in the UK and the Philippines.--Jeroen.

Jane wrote:
Tuesday, 24 May 2011 08:29:16 PHT
Hello i am a Filipino citizen. My boyfriend is Canadian citizen. what is the best possible way to get there in Canada? do my boyfriend need to marry me first here in the Philippines?Sense i am 2months pregnant now we want that i born my baby there.and how long it will takes?thanks i really need your idea on this.
Cassy wrote:
Monday, 16 May 2011 02:35:47 PHT
I'm a Filipina, married to a Fil also. I had Indian bf for almost 3 yrs now. bf is married also in India. we want to live together here in Phil. Is it possible to change my identity by registering new name so I can marry him here so he can stay here in Phil. permanently? if he applies for affidavit of capacity to marry in Indian embassy, can they detect if he is already married in India? I know this is wrong but this is the only solution we thought faster and easier way so we can be together. Plz help me. I really need advice on this. We really both love each other but we can't apply for any divorce or annulment because both my husband and his wife don't want. what is the best thing we can do? Plz help me before I'll do this. I desperately needs help. Thanks.

We get quite some complex questions on this site, and this really is one of them. You best both be in touch with a lawyer in your own country, but the chances that you can do this within the limits of current Philippine law are slim. I cannot give advice on how to "fix" papers or how to do other illegal things, as that would make me an accomplice.--Jeroen.

Anna Mae Chua wrote:
Tuesday, 10 May 2011 01:08:53 PHT
Hi im a filipina, wanted to marry a malaysian citizen (muslim ) just wanna know what is the firs thing to do and what are the requirements
Ghie wrote:
Monday, 9 May 2011 11:51:10 PHT
Goodmorning, i got married with an american citizen here in philippines for already a year,our marriage is registere in philippine government coz we already have certificate and i already change my family name following hes.My big question is,do we need to go to the US embassy to register it there and do we need to register it also in USA?coz my husband is divorce already long time before we get married,will the government acknowledge me as hes wife or still the one he maried before in US even they already divorce?please give me a clear answer,thank you
Desiree wrote:
Friday, 29 April 2011 20:02:28 PHT
Hi,i really need advice and information i am a filipina and i live in Cebu,i have a fiance which is foreign he's in USA right now we plan to get married when he come here next month this coming May now my problem is well,we choose civil wedding he's divorced and i am single what he supposed to bring i mean requirements or papers,and is it after the marriage we can get the marriage certificate right away?or do we need to wait for how long?cause he can't stay long here in Cebu i think just one week:( we just really need to get marry and then get the marriage certificate so that we can work on for the visa i am so frustrated what to do,Please if u could help me i would be so honored and looking forward for ur response.Thank u so much.
Mai wrote:
Friday, 29 April 2011 10:08:32 PHT
Hello i am a Filipino citizen. My boyfriend is canadian citizen. what is the best possible way to get there in Canada and become a citizen? do my boyfriend need to marry me first here in the Philippines?and how long it will takes?thanks i really need ure idea on this.
Roy wrote:
Wednesday, 20 April 2011 21:07:44 PHT
Hi,good a malaysian citizen...i have a girlfriend who is a philippine citizen...i would like get some advice or explanations abt mariage procedures in philippine and back to malaysia...
Rosenie wrote:
Wednesday, 13 April 2011 19:33:00 PHT
To whom it may concern: Hi! I'm a filipina woman, I'm getting married with dutch man, I need to know what are my requirements and his requirements to get married? I really need your help.. Thank you!
Anthony wrote:
Saturday, 2 April 2011 01:57:47 PHT
Hi, I really need advice about this. here is my thing, i am a american cetizen, i was born in the philippines and been raised there went to school there till i graduated college, then decided to come here in us, right now im been here in us for almost 2years, and i have a girfriend there which is filipina for almost 2years since i left, now i got a 2months vacation and scheduled to go there this summer to marry her, that way i can bring her here in us with me. my questions are what are the things or requirement from here that i should bring with me if theres any, also all the important requirements and procedure. please i really need a good advice, because i only have a 2months to marry her, and i dont wanna go there without the requirements from here, if theres any. thank you, looking forward for the response.
Irenia bugtay wrote:
Wednesday, 30 March 2011 11:43:36 PHT
Hi!i'm a filipina woman and i have a boyfriend from india he visiting in my country and he wants to get married in my country what papers he needs to bring? thank you.
MC wrote:
Sunday, 27 March 2011 23:38:48 PHT
Hi. I understand your feelings and your concern, I don't mine helping you guy's about your document concern.Its nice to hear that there are people who believed in marriage especial for foreigner's! For me marrying a man that I love the most would be my greatest day ever. Please don't be shy to contact me Jesus love's you Regards, CM
Djen wrote:
Sunday, 27 March 2011 02:20:35 PHT
Good day, i really need some information, i am an slovenian citizen and im planning to go in philippines just marrying my filipina girlfriend as soon as possible, but my question is what are those requirements of getting married in the philippines? or what kind of papers should i bring? and lastly, if we get married in the philippines can i bring here directly to slovenia? or she need some papers or kind of visa before she enter my country slovenia? and if ever, how long should we wait for those kind of documents? or what type of visa should i apply for here? thanks:)
Barry Hanson wrote:
Thursday, 24 March 2011 17:08:50 PHT
Hi..hoping if you can advise me on marriage to my filipino fiancee im british my fincee filipino but working in uk over 3 years we visit her home village mayana nr jagna once a year we are there this may for fiesta celebrations and plan to arrnge our marriage for next march 2012 in mayana and wondered what documentation we would need and what the cost would be any information would be appreciated..thank you
Mayo wrote:
Thursday, 17 March 2011 02:24:03 PHT
Hi! Am a Filipina, am working in Middle east.I have a Canadian boyfriend and we met online. By November of this year we plan to meet and get married. But it is our first time to meet in person. Is it possible for us to get married immediately during our vacation?
Richard wrote:
Thursday, 10 March 2011 06:37:58 PHT
I met my fiance on line and we have benn video talking for several months each day for 4 - 6 hrs a day.We both love each other very much and want to be together forever. I am Canadian and to get her here is next to impossible due to the amount of fraudulent applications that have been made from the Philipines. We dont care where we just want to be together I know that after 6 months to 1 year I can bring her here as my wife which is fine but in the mean time we still want to be together. Is there a country that this would be easier to achieve or should I just go to the philipines to live for 6 months and marry her there? I would appreciate any advice on this. No she is not scamming me to get into Canada that is why we dont really care where just as long as we are together.
Dian wrote:
Wednesday, 23 February 2011 23:14:49 PHT
hello i'm a filipina and have a dutch boyfriend. I was an aupair in holland when i met him (fr.2008-2009). But i had to go back to the phil.because my aupair visa ended. our relationship is still going strong and we both decided that i will go to holland for a holiday this year but it will be my first time to process a C-Visa. Is it possible for me to obtain a Schengen Visa if my Travel Objective is to "visit my boyfriend". He is going to be my sponsor and referent. Thanks very much.
Saturday, 19 February 2011 02:16:40 PHT
Im thinking of getting married to my filipina girlfriend in the philippines, i am a british citizen and after we get married how difficult is it to get her a visa to come to be with me in the U.K. Also do i need a declaration of acceptance from the british embassy in Manila before we can get married. thank you hope to hear from you soon.
Jesse wrote:
Saturday, 5 February 2011 16:57:12 PHT
I am wondering how to marry my girl who lives in the Philippines and bring her to the U.S.? If i marry her there how hard is it to bring her to the states?
Anna Lyn wrote:
Saturday, 29 January 2011 05:36:07 PHT
hi! Am a Filipina currently living in Canada, my boyfriend is an Africa and were both planning to get married in the Philippines and then I need to go back 2 Canada to process his paper so I could get him, Is it possible that after my marriage my boyfriend could stay in Philippines waiting for his documents while am not around or he still need a visa?
Don wrote:
Tuesday, 25 January 2011 12:40:51 PHT
Good day! I want to have an answer regarding of marrying here in Philippines. I have a British boyfriend and we are planning to get married here in the Philippines, I just want to know after we get married here, would be easy for my husband to bring me to the U.K in a short period of time? Would it possible to join my husband going back to U.K to live together after got married here in Philippines ? Hoping to hear from you.. Please, I need an answer to my question. Thank you!
Mia wrote:
Tuesday, 25 January 2011 11:22:05 PHT
Hi. I am a Filipina who is about to get married here in the Philippines with my boyfriend from New Zealand. After our marriage, what sort of visa can my husband get? He is planning to stay here for good. What kind of visa can he apply for to stay in the Philippines longer than 21 days. Need some advise. Thanks!
Rhea wrote:
Friday, 14 January 2011 14:19:48 PHT
Hi!I`m rhea from Batangas Philippines. My boyfriend is from Austria. He visited me here in the Philippines twice and spent time together. We just want to know all the requirements needed to get a visa when he invite me to visit him in his country.I know that the schengen visa is the visa that I need to go there. But we want to know what are the requirements he needs to provide when he invite me.Thank you!Hope for your response about this.It will help us a lot.
Doug wrote:
Friday, 14 January 2011 12:47:18 PHT
Hello, Just wanna ask for some infos and advice regarding this matter of mine. When a foreign man, married a filipina in the php. and the are living together in the foreign country with that man and the marriage legalisated in that country. After three years the Filipina ask the double citizenship PHP and EU... and she become this... They divorse in the foreign country... The man want to married an another Filipina after the divorsing... Must something be done??? thanks you.
Fiogel wrote:
Sunday, 12 December 2010 19:05:19 PHT
Hi!!,,I'm a Filipina and my boyfriend is a Norwegian.We are planning to get either married here of just apply for fiancee visa.Which is easier?..What are the requirements in getting married here or applying for fiancee visa?? Thanks
jennifer wrote:
Tuesday, 30 November 2010 09:00:30 PHT
my finacee is from Amsterdam, Netherlands and he is a teacher..he want me to do the fiancee visa here in the Philippines?? would that be possible that i will be the one to do it the finacee visa going to Netherland?? he will send me all the papers that i need...pls send me an answer
Darren Nipols wrote:
Saturday, 27 November 2010 19:33:42 PHT
Hi, I'm a canadian and has a filipina girlfriend for almost 3 years already. Just want to ask if what are the requirements if we are going to marry here in philippine first? and if we can get marry at the canadian embassy? does they allow that here in philippines? need advice. thanx!
Mimi wrote:
Thursday, 25 November 2010 16:37:56 PHT
Hi..My Norwegian boyfriend got married to his ex filipina wife both in norway and philippines. Their divorce will be granted this year. My question is, can we get married in the philippines?
Vii wrote:
Sunday, 31 October 2010 23:50:48 PHT
Hi, I have a GF a Moroccan national (Muslim) and she is planning to move here with me in Cebu and get married, so we would like to ask your help/advise if what are those things needed for us esp. her to move, work or live here in our country and gettin married? BTW, your site is very helpful to someone seeking advise/help who wants to live and get married with Filipinos etc. GOD Bless u always! Thank you.
Rosalie Placido wrote:
Friday, 8 October 2010 01:44:48 PHT Filipina and i have boyfriend polish .he is working at this moment in England and im also working here in turkey. we are planning to get married in Philippines this coming April by civil married and church wedding if possible.i just want to ask what are those requirements that he needs to bring in Philippines?how long it will take the processing of civil married? and church wedding? so after we get married if long it will takes processing for me to get new passport using his surname.? finally ,, we are also planning to move in norway after we accomplished everything in phillippines. thank you for this website...i hope i can get answer from this good website..god bless us all...
Zenaida wrote:
Saturday, 25 September 2010 22:27:05 PHT
Hi i'm a Filipina and my boyfriend is a US residence only.. we're planning to do the marriage here in Phil. My questions are..what are the documents that he needs to bring here in Phil? What is Permit to Marry? where he'll get this Certificate? looking forward for your answer..Thanks for this site..
Morena wrote:
Thursday, 9 September 2010 19:37:33 PHT
hello, im a filipina married to spanish citizen. I have a problem regarding to my NIE, my 1st surname should be my fathers surname and my secon surname shoul my mother surname. In my NIE it was reversed,I already talked to our lawyer told us, since Im not spanish citizen yet that should be the name im going to used. But in spanish embassy in philippines they consider my 1st as my paternal name and second my maternal name... I really had trouble with this, pls help me which is right, because in my other documents here in spain, Im using my father surmane as my 1st surname. Thanks
Maria wrote:
Tuesday, 7 September 2010 13:33:20 PHT
hi im a filipina and my boyfriend is from pakistan. he wants to come here and marry me. and after marriage he will stay here in philippines with me. what kind of permit are needed for him to be able to stay in philippines. i know he need a visa to enter philippines. but i want to know if he can stay with me after marriage or need to go back to pakistan ? I need info.. Thanks
libra wrote:
Sunday, 5 September 2010 22:34:29 PHT
thank's you have a helpful site. hi im filipina and my boy friend is norwegian. and we have plan to get married in norway so i am applying for fiance question is if ever we get married here in philippines what kind of permit i need to apply going to norway? coz i want to get married here first together with my family . my plan to get married here on dec 2010 civil, coz he also coming here and stay for 10 days. thank so much for your help.
Jenny rose wrote:
Thursday, 26 August 2010 11:25:35 PHT
My bf and i are planning to get married.but he wants to have it next month for that's the time he don't have work in abroad. and he's a japanese.i just want to know how long does it takes to prepare all the requirements we need. and is it possible that we could married by next month?? thank looking forward for your answer.. ur answer could be really a big help.
Wella wrote:
Sunday, 22 August 2010 07:15:52 PHT
My french national boyfriend and I were planning to get married soon and my problem is where to get this form "a duly accomplished questionnaire from the embassy" do i need to go personally to manila france embassy just to get that form? im from cebu. please help me where to secure that form not go to manila since im living in cebu. I hope you can advice me. thank you very much.
Irallyn wrote:
Sunday, 25 July 2010 00:53:31 PHT
hi this is a very informative site.. me and my boyfriend are planning to get married in the philippines next year. about this certificate of singleness, as what i have understood he needs to take this from his country right?and plus the birth certificate,is that all that he need to be able to get married?and plus my bf is a lebanese and sure he needs visa to visit philippines. please feed me some info about this
Carol wrote:
Friday, 16 July 2010 20:22:53 PHT
What are the requirements to be married in sweden embassy..or is it possible for us to be married in sweden embassy here in the philippines? thanks a lot
cheryl wrote:
Friday, 2 July 2010 17:14:11 PHT
thank you for the information, do u have an idea what are the requirements needed to get the legal capacity from indian embassy? we' re planning to get marry this month. cheryl =)
pinky wrote:
Monday, 7 June 2010 03:12:02 PHT
I am a Filipino, 28 yrs of age. My boyfriend is an Indian, 29 yrs of age and is married to an Indian in India. Can we still get marry in the Philippines?

Considering that you really want to do that, no, unless he divorces first (which is possible in India).--Jeroen.

Gary wrote:
Wednesday, 26 May 2010 21:52:41 PHT
I am very interested to know if she can get the Cenomar there in the Philippines without my presence..can she get it alone by herself? thanks.
Gary wrote:
Wednesday, 26 May 2010 21:46:53 PHT
I am glad that i've found this filipina fiance and i are planning to have a civil marriage there in the Philippines,MINDANAO,Misamis Occidental Province,i only have 21days of stay there while doing this Legal-Capacity in the U.S.-EMBASSY in Manila and more than 2weeks Marriage License Application..We will start doing all of this when i get there in the Philippines this June question is: can she get her CENOMAR there while i am still here in our country to in order for as to save time! and for us to start doing some other important paper works right away as soon as i get there in here country?..i am looking forward to hear your suggestion and willing to accept your recommendation!,,pls. help me with this. Thanks, Gary
Joy an wrote:
Monday, 24 May 2010 18:30:24 PHT
Hi!I just read your site and it gave me idea to some of my question.i hope you can answer me too.I am 23 years old and i am a Filipina and i have a Korean bf,we are living together for 3 years,and we are planing to getting married..Can you give me ideas what requirements we need for civil wedding in Philippine?Thank you so much and im waiting for your reply.god bless.
Donz wrote:
Sunday, 23 May 2010 18:03:37 PHT
I just want to ask about same sex marriage. I'm a Filipino gay and my boyfriend Belgian plan that during his first visit to me here in Philippines, he will marry me in Belgian embassy here.Is the Belgian Embassy here in Manila Philippines could conduct a same sex marriage and the said marriage is valid to Belgium country as we stay there in the future?
Elvie wrote:
Wednesday, 19 May 2010 22:50:54 PHT
Hi! Im Elvie here in Phils.have bf in Canada for 2 yrs.I just want you to advisw me if our plan is mot complicated.We are planning that when my bf come here in Phils to visit me I will come with him back to Canada then will marry there and my status going there is just a tourist visa. The important for me is can I allowed to stay there as permanent resident after our marriage?Pls give me an advise..Thank you and God Bless.
jane wrote:
Monday, 17 May 2010 11:55:47 PHT
good day! i like to read your site it gave me ideas about some of my question,i hope you can answer me too, i am 24 years old and filipino and have british bf we are engage and he visit me here in philippines january 20,2010 and he went back to his country march 13, question is, is he need to stay here in philippines for 21 days first before get process a paper for civil wedding? and if he bring certificate of legacy here from his country in UK it can help to make the wedding more speed?can you pls give me ideas what requirments also that he need for civil wedding here in philippines?and how long need to wait when processing in civil wedding? thank you so much and waiting for your reply, god bless and more power!
copter wrote:
Thursday, 13 May 2010 23:46:11 PHT
hello,i just read all the advised in this website and its good, i have a friend that he dont know what his going to do, his here in canada for almost 3 yrs,his merried in the Philippines but his apply in Canada is single,he dont have any communication with his wife in the phillipines, they have one doughter and his parents is taking care of his doughter for almost 3 yrs,Now his inlove in a Canadian girl,so he dont know whats he have to do, he really want her to merry her but his thingking about his papers,what he have to do,
Thursday, 6 May 2010 10:37:06 PHT
I just want to ask how to get a visit visa from Pakistan comming here in Phils. What are the requirements needed for that? Thanks and hope you can give me details on it. Thanks you and more power.
clarissa bongco wrote:
Thursday, 6 May 2010 03:34:55 PHT
Hello I am 35 years old separated for 3 years already and my ex husband just died recently, i have a 2 year foreign bf and we want to get married as soon as possible so i can processed my spousal visa. The question is? Is there any possibility that we can get married in manila not in the provinced were I grew up. Thank you
Cherry Ann wrote:
Wednesday, 5 May 2010 23:07:53 PHT
Hi! I'm cherry Ann from here philippines, I have a boyfriend from Canada and he wanted us to get married here, he plans to go here..can we ask for some suggestions or best way how he would have his visa to be here..we wanna have mor info... Thank you so much! more power! Cherry Ann
alyeanne wrote:
Saturday, 24 April 2010 23:45:58 PHT
hi, i am a malaysian lady of 29yrs old and planning to get married with my philippino boyfriend in the philippines soon.may i know how many days does it take to legalize my marriage?so that i can plan my leave from my company before i fly off to philippines without hassle and losing my job. thanks and God bless!
alyeanne wrote:
Saturday, 24 April 2010 23:38:19 PHT
hi, i am a Malaysian lady of 29yrs old and planning to get married in the Philippines with my philippino boyfriend. may i know how many days does it take for Register of marriage and solemnize until everything has done legally? the reason why i am asking is because i need to apply leave from my company before i fly off to Philippines to get married without any hassle.thanks and God bless!
sharon wrote:
Wednesday, 21 April 2010 21:09:53 PHT
hi good evening everybody, hope you can help me and give me a good advice, my american boyfriend going home here in the philippines on may 1, now he wants to get married soon, now my question is what documents my boyfriend need to bring? because on may 1 we stay in manila to go to us embassy, if american getting married to the pilipina what the documents he needs to bring? hope you can help and am looking forward to reply, thank you...............
Joseph wrote:
Tuesday, 13 April 2010 21:46:45 PHT
I have a 13(a) probation visa, (Manila office) and will soon apply for a perm visa. Does my wife have to be present and interview (again) with an Immg Officer rthis second time around? Thank you
Jerard Malina wrote:
Saturday, 3 April 2010 03:44:23 PHT
My wife is Filipino and I am American we got married in Philippines. Do i still need i visa to stay in Philippines for more than 21 days, I talked to this lady about 4 months ago and she told me I didn't. I really need some help with this so i can get prepared.. Thanks.....

To clarify this. No you don't need a visa, as you can easily extend your visa waiver period when you arrive by going to Bureau of Immigration (preferably together). If you want to avoid that, get a visa, but normally, it should take you an hour or so. If you arrive in the Philippines together with your wife, you can also ask for a Balikbayan stamp -- however if that is not the case, even if she is waiting for you at the airport, you will get a stamp for 21 days on arrival.--Jeroen.

Jerry wrote:
Thursday, 1 April 2010 03:49:53 PHT
Hi, im jerry, and i would like to know what needed requirements to my girl friend(she is a belgian)to get married here in the philippines? thanks in advance...
Jane wrote:
Thursday, 18 March 2010 16:05:20 PHT
Good morning joeven,my fiance and i are here in belgium right now till end of the month.since i came here for tourist visa its not possible to get married here as my certificates are not complete.we will move to philippines next month for civil wedding,as my coordinator in philippines ask me to prepare some of the certificates of my fiance which is the legal capacity or something?please help me also to give me some lists of requirements thats possibly needed in the philippines for civil wedding with my belgian bf.
Sha wrote:
Monday, 15 March 2010 17:52:32 PHT
My boyfriend is a Belgian national and we wish to get married in the Philippines in May. I'm a Filipina working in UAE and we wish to push this through as quickly as possible since I'm already pregnant and getting pregnant out-of-wedlock is taboo here. Can you please give me an approximate time on how long will it take to complete all the steps before we get married? We really need all the help we can get. :( Dankjewel
Don Murray wrote:
Monday, 15 March 2010 05:14:54 PHT
I intend to go to the philippines and marry my girlfriend in Jan 2011. this whole process is so complicated i dont even know where to start. Is it going to be difficult for us to get her a spouse visa to com eand live with me in the UK. How long does the visa take because I cant understand the process. Trying to get as much sensible straight advice as possible well in advance of the wedding, so we have no hold ups. Any advice is appreciated.
Dominick Dibetta wrote:
Friday, 12 March 2010 11:29:59 PHT
Can i down load a permission to marry form from the computer and if so how do i do it
Elaine wrote:
Wednesday, 10 March 2010 17:48:00 PHT
hi i am Filipina and my boyfriend is Indian who is working in US.We plan to marry here in Philippines, where will he get the Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage? And is it required to get a CENOMAR in NSO even if my bf has no doubt about my civil status? Thanks in Advance.

The CENOMAR is not to take away your boyfriend's doubts, but those of the embassy that need to issue a certificate of no objection against your marriage, so yes, it is probably needed.--Jeroen.

Grace wrote:
Wednesday, 3 March 2010 08:30:41 PHT
I and my boyfriend got married secretly, without the knowledge of our family. We married last 2006 but were not staying in the same house. We married by judge, is it possible our marriage contract is been registered at national statistic office?

It is supposed to be available at NSO, as provincial courts forwards copies of marriage contracts to NSO, so if nothing went wrong, you should be able to get a copy of it from NSO in your region or in Quezon city.--Jeroen.

Leilani wrote:
Wednesday, 24 February 2010 11:07:20 PHT
It's a good thing to have this site, it a big help for those who needs advice. Jeroen I have a question for my setuation: Can I marry my boyfriend eventhough my stay is only tourist? I am 1month pregnant my boyfriend is american, but right now he is still under process his divorce, I'm afraid it will be too late for him to apply for me a fiance visa, so i am dicided to go after him, i apply myself tourist in his expense.
Lea wrote:
Thursday, 4 February 2010 14:38:25 PHT
Hello there im lea a filipino citizen and my fiancee is US citizen. i wrote here bcuz i need some help im 6 months pregnant and my due date is month of may. and that month my fiancee his coming here for wedding. he dont have a lots of free time bcuz his active army til next year. so now i have a lilbit question. if his here already and need to go at US embassy manila to process our papers for wedding should i go with him also or can i asked some favor to my relatives to go with him bcuz of my situations? thank you and god bless
Michelle wrote:
Wednesday, 20 January 2010 12:39:32 PHT
Hi, we are both living in australia and we would like to get married in the Philippines. I am a Filipino national and I was just wondering if I can do all the paperwork in the Philippines like registering and associated things to do then my fiancee can just go a week before the wedding?
kLen wrote:
Monday, 18 January 2010 23:11:42 PHT
hi, I'm a Filipina and I have a boyfriend in America and I already met him thrice. Now he is planning to petition me his country but the problem is He got blacklisted here in the Philippines last year and we are wondering if he can still possibly petition me. Anyone in here knows about my case I really know what to do or at least have an idea. Please. Thank you and Godbless.

I don't think your sponsor being blacklisted in the Philippines is an automatic block on your ability to obtain a US Visa, as the blacklist is a Philippine matter, not a US matter. However, it would make it more difficult to appear for a visa together. The most likely cause of him being blacklisted is overstaying his visa, and in that case he might be able to get such a blacklisting lifted if he politely petitions for it with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration.--Jeroen.

Silverbleu Weddings & Things wrote:
Thursday, 14 January 2010 10:14:48 PHT
Hi there. We are a one-stop wedding shop based in Tagbilaran City, Bohol. This is really great information here..very informative. Can I post a link of this wedding article on our blog? Thanks.
Silverbleu Weddings & Things wrote:
Thursday, 14 January 2010 10:12:37 PHT
Hi there. We are a one-stop wedding shop based in Tagbilaran City, Bohol. This is really great information here..very informative. Can I post a link of this wedding article on our blog? Thanks.
vinzfran wrote:
Friday, 8 January 2010 22:25:53 PHT
Hi Jeroen, Me and my Belgian fiancee is getting married this january 2010 here in the Philippines. We already completed all our requirements for our marriage. My question now is that what do we need to do after our marriage so that it will be legal not only here in the Philippines but also in his country, Belgium. And also what will be the best way for me to live with him in Belgium after he left here on Feb 2010? Alvast bedankt om dit te lezen. Dank bij voorbaat. Vriendelijke groeten, Vincent and Frances
Michelle wrote:
Tuesday, 5 January 2010 10:54:38 PHT
Hi, I just want to ask several question I want to know… My fiancee and I were planning (civil wedding) to get married here in the Philippines this comming july 2010. He is from Australia.He’s comming here in the Philippines for our wedding on July. My wan’ts me process everything since he’s in Australia for his work. 1. What are some of the papers needed to apply for marriege license? 2. Can I arrange and process it by myself here w/o the presence of my fiancee? 3. What are the document’s I need to ask from him? 4. How many days it takes to process? 5. How much I have to pay for the marriege license? 6. What are some other fees? (pls. state how much) 7. How it will cost for a civil wedding? 8. How much cost to pay for the judge? Any informations and suggestions would help us. hope my questions will be answered. thank you,and God Bless..
Joy wrote:
Monday, 4 January 2010 21:35:19 PHT
Hi, I am a filipina, i have a german bf. He is planning to bring me in his country but we are not yet married. I got a working permit here in Thailand as i am working here now. Can anybody here can give knowledge to me, what documents i needed to come to germany with my bf for 4 or 6 months. thanks
louise wrote:
Tuesday, 22 December 2009 19:39:25 PHT
hi to all, My fiancee (Australian citizen) and I (Filipina) wants to get married the sooner the possible but after reading some facts about having the wedding around the country its seems complicated, I mean it needs a lot of time to comply such documents... So we choose to get married in Thailand next year,my question is If we get married in Thailand are we gonna be considered also as a legally married here in Philippines after the official wedding held there? Is the documented papers from there would be valid here? To those who know about these, you are welcome to fill me in with these info.. thanks to all..

I don't know much about the rules in Thailand, but my own gut-feeling is that this will only complicate matters considerably, and will save you no time whatsoever. At least in the Philippines, documents and laws are in English, so you don't have to deal with official translators to get documents legalized, and at least one of you knows the culture, so might sense when something shaky is going on.--Jeroen.

rena wrote:
Friday, 11 December 2009 08:16:23 PHT
i have boyfriend from canada and were planning to get married next year,he wants to know what is the requirements of him getting married here in the Philippines. pls can you give us the exact requirements for my Canadian boyfriend? hoping your reply.thank you so much.. God Blessed You..
femz wrote:
Thursday, 10 December 2009 20:41:55 PHT
Your Comment hello everybody, my name is femz and i am 27 years old,a filipina concern citizen,this is my first time to view this blog and its really amazed me when read all the comments and post:i have lots of question but some folks have answered my question that really really bugs me every night(which is not healthy in in brain)lol to those who is first timer in applying for k-1 fiancee visa in USA I CAN share yuou some ideas bcoz i have done it last year and my visa was granted and actualy i went in california to get married but visa it takes only (90)if there is not marriage happen than have to come back from country of i refuse to marry my fiance(american)after he revealed what really kind of person he was he bought my own plane ticket and i go home b4 my visa i met a new fiance which is same nationality and he will be getting his divorce on january,we had a very passionate and intimate relationship and we both feel to say "i do"after he will have his divorce papers in his question is 'IS THAT POSSIBLE TO GET MARRIED RIGHT HE HAS THE DIVORCE IN HIS HAND?i have read some other comments stating that after the previous married have to wait for 90 days again (gap)TO BE able to get married again?is that true?i hope somebody can help me pls. p.s and those who is wishing to get and apply their fiance(k1)visa in usa i could share my experiences on how and what requarement do they asked bcoz i have done it just last year and they stil same paperworks now.. may god bless you and to those apply visa,marriages,etc//kick ass and good luck guys!!
liezel wrote:
Tuesday, 8 December 2009 17:54:13 PHT
how long it will take to get authenticated marriage certificate? I just got married last it possible i will be the one to send in manila personally to be faster to run the papers..

You cannot send it yourself, however, you can pay the various offices to have it forwarded by express mail to the office next higher in the chain, until it arrives in Manila, where you can collect a certified true copy on NSO security paper. Just waiting for the regular process can take several months.--Jeroen.

Shiela wrote:
Monday, 30 November 2009 16:27:11 PHT
i have a boyfriend who is an Australian citizen. He is now divorce and he wants to marry me.I am still single and never been married before but i am a single mom to my 3 year old daughter. We are planning to get married by June next year and he wants to adopt my child. I dont have any idea about the adoption and processing and all the requirements that will be needing for us to get a marriage license and the adoption papers. Please help me know what is the step by step porcedure in getting all of this documents. I already have my birth certificate and my childs birth certificate authenticated and also have my cenomar.i want to know how to process his CNI, what is the step by step procedure and what is the requirments. and also about the adoption, the father of my child is a registered father in my daughters birth certificate. thank you so much and ill be waiting for your reply.God bless!
Mike wrote:
Sunday, 29 November 2009 18:23:14 PHT
I am an American and got married to Filipino girl 8/04/2006 and just now arrived in the States, are we legally married In USA now? or do we have to get remarried? Anyone with info on this please email me..thanks
Robert l wrote:
Tuesday, 24 November 2009 10:28:27 PHT
Can I apply to the Australian embassy in Australia for a legal capacity form to marry my bride to be in the Philippines before I leave Australia to get married? with thanks Robert

No you can't (suppose you mean the Australian embassy in Manila, as there is no such thing as an Australian embassy in Australia). You can only do this with the Australian embassy in Manila, and probably need to appear in person with your future partner.--Jeroen.

Jeanette wrote:
Wednesday, 18 November 2009 18:34:31 PHT
Me and my husband are both british citizen, I'm planning to rewew my vows as I never get married in the presence of my family and also for personal reason. So do i need to get this legal capacity even though we already married. I just want to surprise my husband and I don't want to ask so many things. I'm planning this on Jan 2009 I thought your site can help me to sort some obstacle!! Thanks!!!
Jeanette wrote:
Wednesday, 18 November 2009 18:28:50 PHT
Me and my husband are both british citizen, I'm planning to rewew my vows as I never get married in the presence of my family and also for personal reason. So do i need to get this legal capacity even though we already married. I just want to surprise my husband and I don't want to ask so many things. I'm planning this on Jan 2009 I thought your site can help me to sort some obstacle!! Thanks!!!
Chona wrote:
Tuesday, 10 November 2009 11:24:56 PHT
I have a mexican fiance, but he is currently working and living in london. If we get married here in the philippines, how long does it take for me to follow him in london. I have a 5yr old son. but i am not married with his father. Can i bring my son and live with us in london after marriage. My son use his father's surname.What are the conflict of this. Waiting for your advice.. wrote:
Tuesday, 10 November 2009 10:35:30 PHT
Hi! If you are a Filipino/Filipina planning to marry a foreigner here in the Philippines, You will be needing your future foreign husband/wife's Birth Certificate with their authentication from their embassy, Single Status Certificate authenticated also by their embassy and make sure that it is issued not later than 3 months. As for the Filipino/Filipina side, you will also need an NSO copy of both Cenomar & Birth Cert with Red Ribbon. Both parties passport.
mememe28 wrote:
Tuesday, 10 November 2009 03:23:41 PHT
hello there, my bf and i would like to get married in the philippines this year, can you please advice me what are the procedures or requirement for his side, he is from emirati from dubai. many thanks,
Rich T. wrote:
Monday, 9 November 2009 23:52:00 PHT
I have been seeing a philippino woman for about 3 years now. I vist her about 2 to 3 times a year. We talk about 4 times a week via internet video. I am about to retire here in the USA. I would like to marry her and move th Davao where she lives. what are the procedures and does the Philippine government have an money amout I would have to put into one of their banks if I am married to a Philppino woman. Thanks
christine wrote:
Sunday, 8 November 2009 22:42:57 PHT
hi!im christine,pinay..just want to ask po if i and my boyfriend french guy,get married here in philippines can i come with him after getting married?i have my passport already..what other papers do we need so he can ring me back with him in his country..he is currently living in london..please if somebody know the answer kindly help me..thanks a lot in advanced!
lucy wrote:
Tuesday, 20 October 2009 10:21:00 PHT
good day! i amd my fiance are planning to get married next year...what are the important documents that he will bring here for the wedding and necessary documents that is needed for my visa applications? thanks and God Bless..
Juvy wrote:
Tuesday, 13 October 2009 22:48:24 PHT
Good day to all of you..i want to ask what should i do? I have a boy friend from Belgium,, we are planning to get married here in the Philippines,,normally is only 21 days stay if he is coming here,, i want o know,, na pwede ba sya ang kukuha ng legal capacity of contract for married sa manila embassy na sya lang ang mag isa? pero nasa knya ang birth certificate ko from nso at cenomar,, at ano po ang iba pang requirements para saming dalawa at ang requirements nya for married me here sa pilipinas? please po i need need help me a lot and advice... thanks to this website ,, i just hoping answer me soon... thank you so much...
Helen Baarde wrote:
Tuesday, 13 October 2009 21:46:36 PHT
My Canadian fiance is coming over to the phi to marry me and wants to stay here for good. we're both wandering of the requirements, if there are any, that he should get to legally stay here in the country. pls give us the do's and dont's so we will not be bothered by the Phil gov't. thank u
Sheryl wrote:
Monday, 5 October 2009 14:18:39 PHT
Hi po,ask ko lang po,pwede po ba na ako ang kumuha ng legal capacity to contract marriage ng fiance ko sa Australian embassy in manila. Nasa akin po ang birth certificate nya at declaration to proof that my fiace is single.
Cris wrote:
Tuesday, 22 September 2009 20:53:27 PHT
Hi, this site has helped me a lot with my marriage in Manila. Just one question. Im a filipina and my hubby is Australian. My hubby got a job in Qatar and we decided to stay there for a year. we got our marriage certificate red ribbon.I was just wondering how we could get it attested to Qatar Embassy and Australian Embassy for visa purposes. Would really appreciate if you could let us know how much is it and how long will it take to get out marriage certificate attested. Many thanks.
Anne wrote:
Tuesday, 8 September 2009 21:52:18 PHT
Exactly 8days from the submission of the REQUEST FOR ADVICE regarding my MVV application,my Dutch boyfriend received the letter from IND stating that the advice is positive. He immediately paid for the MVV application fee en after a week,the positive advice was there already in the Netherlands embassy in Manila. I had prepared all the requirements already,like the true en authenticated copies like birth certificate en CENOMAR. I scheduled an appointment already for the D(national) visa, Monday, september14,2008. But even though,everything were prepared, we got the positive advice en all in 2 weeks time,I am still nervous about the interview that will be conducted during the D visa application in the embassy. They dont want any proof of relationship like photos or chatlogs. We had satisfied the IND on all the conditions they want from MVV applicants. I will never even be a threat to the Netherlands National Security. But I'm still wondering, What will the embassy check? What do they want to know en what do I need to tell them? Is there still a possiblity that my MVV application will be denied even if all the conditions were met? If so, what can be the grounds for it? By nature, I am really a perfectionist, most of the time, I want to be sure of something before I do it. I am really looking forward to hearing something from you soon Jeroen. Thank you. If we can get it,he will go here in the Philippines next month so we can have a church wedding then we will go together in the Netherlands en start our lives and build our own family.
Mitos wrote:
Saturday, 5 September 2009 09:31:36 PHT
Hi my name is mitos dela cruz from Philippines. i have boyfriend from norway.and we planned were going to marry this year November. and he work now fron Korea HE WANT ME TO GO THERE how to get a visa or what will i do for that..hope you can give advise what will i do for that..cause i really missed my baby its my botyfriend. Thank you and godbless.
daryl_mtan wrote:
Tuesday, 1 September 2009 16:56:24 PHT
hello..i need your idea about a filipina,29yrs old and planning to get married with my Belgian guy this end of the year..he was divorced for a long time..i want to ask if do we really need to go first to the embassy to submitt necessary documents before our wedding?and what are this documents do we have to submit on both parties? i hope you can help me,coz i really dont know what to do,he been asking me about it,but i dont have much idea on hoping to hear from you...thanks and more power..
John wrote:
Tuesday, 18 August 2009 07:04:24 PHT
Hi there, I am getting married to a wonderful fillipino woman and this page has helped me quite a bit but if somebody would just list the requirements of the documents for a South African national it would be even more helpful. All this talk about going to various agencies is too confusing.
Sreekumar wrote:
Friday, 7 August 2009 06:24:06 PHT
Hi am in love with a Filipino girl at around 4 years, and would like to marry her, 1st we are planning to get marry in India and then in Philippines, so please tell me what are all the procedures in Philippines as i am a Hindu.
-hAdAsHaH- wrote:
Thursday, 6 August 2009 20:34:16 PHT
hi guyz!!! i just want to ask about marriage,.im too young for it,i guess but me and my boyfriend are planning to get married,maybe next year,.and i just want to ask something coz i guess our situation is kind of complicated, 22,filipina but with an austrian citizenship.and im living here in germany now with my boyfriend since march 2009,my boyfriend is 25 and with a british citizenship,and also live since 22 years here in germany,.and weve decided to get married in cebu,..what would be our requierements for it??? are we still allowed to get married there??? i need a reply ASAP,..please,..tnx
Meiljane Dublin wrote:
Monday, 3 August 2009 16:16:30 PHT
Hi Jeroen, Good day'. I am from Cebu Philippines but recently I am in Hungary as a tourist. I and my Hungarian boyfriend are planning to get married here in Hungary. My questions are: 1. Do I need to get an Apostille? 2. Where can I get an Apostille? Is it in Indonesia? 3. Do I have to get a certification form the DFA of my Birth Certificate and Cenomar issued by NSO? Please I really need some help. Thanks and I hope to hear from you very soon. God Bless. Mj
pinkybagongsilang wrote:
Thursday, 30 July 2009 00:40:08 PHT
Hello guys.... gudluck to all filipino who marry foreign guy.... we wish you all the best gifts philippines
Hopeless wrote:
Sunday, 26 July 2009 11:59:46 PHT
Hi..really helpful page from manila and my bf is in Germany.we want to marry in germany but the Schengen visa is complicated(i suppose) says something about amount of money required to see if you are qualified or not..should it be my bank certificate or my bf's bank account that they will check, since he will pay for my visit..i dont have very big money in my bank and im most likely to be denied..what do u think?
Bart Bosch wrote:
Wednesday, 22 July 2009 20:59:53 PHT
Hallo jeroen, ik heb een vraag over te trouwen in de filipijnen, ik ken daar een meisje reeds twee jaar, haar naam bernadette, we plannen te trouwen in philipijnen in january 2010. Welke papieren moet ik meenemen naar de belgische ambesadde im the filipijnen, en kan je me ook vertellen welke papieren bernadette moet meebrengen naar de ambesadde. Dank bij voorbaat.I HOPE YOU GIVE ME SOON RESPONS THIS LETTER? DANK U JEROEN GROETJES BART EN BERNADETTE
bernadette wrote:
Monday, 6 July 2009 20:55:46 PHT
hi joroen. goede morgen.good day.ihave a problems of getting married with a belgium guy iam 20 and he was 38 years old we been for 2 years in a relationship we want us to get married soon us possible but the problem is he was only 21 days here in philippines. what is the requirments. to get us marry. awhat is the firts step to our papers was ok coause there is someone who told us that we need to go firts in the emvasy and get a papers but i dont know what is the paper we will get in the emvasy .. thnks you for the reading my notes more power goodbless
vera smebakk wrote:
Monday, 6 July 2009 17:10:36 PHT
hi! im married to a norwegian guy who is now living in sweden i just want t know where sould i apply foy my visa.would it be in norway or in sweden? thank you very much
Jean wrote:
Wednesday, 1 July 2009 22:59:54 PHT
I'm having confusion on what really my fiancee needs to get. a CENOMAR or legal capacity??? He is a Filipino-american and a legal residence of San Francisco, USA.
Sara wrote:
Monday, 15 June 2009 22:41:14 PHT
Hello Jeroen. I am about to submit my tourist visa requirements going to Holland soon. But just a little doubtful about purchasing the return ticket (one of the requirements). Cuz we were thinking what if I got denied? then we will just waste a 1250 USD?? hmm I just wana ask if there is a certain Travel agency who can give me a ticket without paying it yet just to present the embassy 1st then just pay it when my visa got approved? is there a thing like that? or really everyone needs to a risks on buying a ticket right away? pls advise me with this. THANKS MANY IN ADVANCE!

I also face this problem when relatives want to come over for a visit. The Dutch ministry of foreign affairs strongly advices against buying tickets before a visa is issued, but still some embassies, including that in Manila, insist on it. My solution to this is to go to a travel agent, and ask them to prepare a confirmed booking with a schedule corresponding with the dates of the visit, print it, and then cancel it again (some will allow you to keep a reservation unpaid for some time, but this is not possible with the lowest fares). This is fairly easy to do. This print-out can then be submitted as requested (and you just make a real booking when you have the ticket. Normally, the embassy will give you a visa for exactly the number of days requested, but you will have some days flexibility, so you can still shop for a good deal).

Another problem is the health insurance. Some Dutch insurance companies know of this problem, and will adjust the policy when the visa is delayed, or refund the premium if visa is denied. I have good experiences with Oom Verzekeringen.--Jeroen.

next star wrote:
Tuesday, 9 June 2009 17:17:00 PHT
hi im a permanent resident here in canada, and i have a boyfriend in the philippines,and we are planning to get married in the philippines but the problem is they dont do same sex marriage.. can we do it in the canadian embassy to get married, does canadian embassy allows same sex marriage? if yes, what are the requirements that we need
elma wrote:
Tuesday, 9 June 2009 00:37:22 PHT
hi is it possible to get married in the church in phililippines but we are not able to attend those seminars coz we both in canada now,,my fiancee is a canadian and i am a filipina but presently working here,,were planning to get married in philippines.does it realy necessary to attend those seminars?thanks and have a nice day
bernadette wrote:
Friday, 5 June 2009 11:33:43 PHT
hi good day.ihave a problems of getting married with a belgium guy iam 20 and he was 38 years old we been for 2 years in a relationship we want us to get married soon us possible but the problem is he was only 21 days here in philippines. what is the requirments. to get us marry. awhat is the firts step to our papers was ok coause there is someone who told us that we need to go firts in the emvasy and get a papers but i dont know what is the paper we will get in the emvasy .. thnks you for the reading my notes more power goodbless
Lyn wrote:
Sunday, 3 May 2009 16:39:46 PHT
next month, me and my pakistan national fiancee were planning to go to philippines for a civil wedding, he is a muslim and i am a christian, regardless of the religion what are the requirements for us to get married lawfully in the philippines and how can we process our marriage certificate..... I am a filipina, but we're both a legal residence of United Arab Emirates
Michelle wrote:
Friday, 1 May 2009 20:47:36 PHT
hello, can I ask if a foreigner can get a fake married as shown the family of the girl? Bec they wanted to get married in their country. If a Filipina can get two marriage here in Philippines? Hope to hear you soon. Thank you!

I don't exactly understand what you are asking, but everybody should be aware that frauds can and do happen. When I married in the Philippines, the municipal clerk accepted a letter from the Dutch Embassy about my eligibility to marry, but I am quite certain he had never seen such a document before. Nowadays foreign documents need to be legalized by the Philippine embassy in the country of origin, which might help a little, but I am afraid it is still fairly easy to "fix" a marriage permit. On the other side, getting a certificate of single status (non-appearance in the national marriage registry, aka CENOMAR) for a Filipina who is actually married is also still possible. The only thing that helps in such cases is to be alert for red flags, inconsistencies, and odd behavior. They say love is blind, and that is often unfortunate... Jeroen.

maneesh kumar.s wrote:
Monday, 20 April 2009 16:18:54 PHT
i have philippino girlfiend we deside to marrie in philipine ... also i want setteld in philipine i have enough money to do so...... now problem i have is i am separated form prevous wife (now two years) but i did not get legal papper form ministry....but we want marrie in december.... i can do civil marrage in philipine .....once i get legal papper i will apply for marrage certificate....Thank you.
Step wrote:
Monday, 13 April 2009 12:36:53 PHT
I have an american boyfriend and he proposed me to get married here in the philippines,i just want to ask the requirements he needs to process our civil wedding, coz im confuse about legal capacity to marry which he needed, where can he get that, here in the us embassy or he needs to request from the us?thanks hope to hear answers from you.
Ernest Laurence Nam wrote:
Tuesday, 7 April 2009 17:58:57 PHT
I came to the Philippines and got married to a Young Lady that I have known for a year or so this was in February 24th 2009 I was there for 3 weeks and had to return to Australia for business commitments but now My Wife is being held up when it come to getting Our Marriage Certificate. We were Married by the Mayor of Panabo and was told that the certificate would be available in 21 days so that My Wife could proceed to get her Spouses Visa to come to Australia with her Boys who are now Our Sons who can I ask for HELP.

The twenty-one days seem to be quite normal. I don't know about the Australian Embassy, but most Embassies want to have DFA-legalized documents, which means that the document needs to issued by the NSO in Manila. Getting the Marriage Certificate to NSO Manila can be expedited if you ask the various offices to send the document via express mail to the next office in line (of course at your cost), if I am right, the mayor will have to send it to the regional NSO center, and then the regional NSO will forward it to the national NSO in Manila. If you don't do this, it may take half a year before you can obtain a legalized version of your marriage certificate.--Jeroen.

danica wrote:
Thursday, 26 March 2009 10:07:58 PHT
hi im a boyfiend is a spanish citizen were planning to get married here in the philippines when he arrive..what are the requirements he needed for civil wedding only..thank you
SS wrote:
Saturday, 7 March 2009 00:26:39 PHT
I am an Indian national working here in Manila, Philippines. Next week I will be marrying Filipina girl. So I wanted to know when I will get the wedding certificate after the civil marriage. And after that I will apply for Permanent Residence Visa, so how long will it take to come and what's the expense? Please reply ASAP. It's urgent. Sandeep
Andy wrote:
Saturday, 28 February 2009 19:28:58 PHT
I got married to a Filipino girl in a civil+temple wedding here in India last September 2008 after which we filled up the embassy forms to have the marriage validated in both countries, we have been successful in doing so and currently the marriage is recognized in both countries however ever since my wife has returned back to the Philippines she seems to have had a change of heart about residing here in India with me on a permanent basis for which we had agreed before marriage now the situation has gotten worse for both of us and we have reached a stage where I believe divorce is the only option left ahead of us, how can I initiate a divorce so we both can have a little peace of mind, thank you for your time and effort in advance, good day.

In the Philippines, divorce is not possible, but foreign (in your case Indian) divorces are recognized. Since you are married under Indian civil rules, you'll have to file for a divorce with an Indian court. I don't know the legal details for India, so consult a local lawyer for those. But why not consider moving to the Philippines? The adaptation might be easier for you than it is for her in India.--Jeroen.

zooee wrote:
Tuesday, 17 February 2009 08:56:51 PHT
hi..I just wanna ask if its ok to get married even if your 25 below and I don't want my parents consent on this?

Yes, it is possible, but you just have to wait longer (two months, I believe)--Jeroen.

rakesh kumar mishra wrote:
Saturday, 14 February 2009 15:26:47 PHT
hi my name rakesh kumar i am indain i am like phili. girl she love me i am poor she also poor i am reqwest u pls help me and my and my girlfriend help me my cell. +919464115259 my addres vikas nagar gai. 7 near jashl hospitel khandwala chhehrata amritsat punjab india pincode 143001 i think u help me
bheng wrote:
Monday, 9 February 2009 18:58:35 PHT
hi I just read all posted here. Some are related to my case. I just want to ask regarding the Schengen visa. My bf is french & he visit me already here last year then now he will visit me again by end of march this year & he wants me to go with him going back to France so i can have vacation & I can be able to meet his family! what visa should I apply? He's going to stay for 2-3 weeks only.. which one is better fiancee visa or tourist visa? I need your answer badly!

I don't know the exact categories of visa available for France, but if you are planning to stay for less than three months, a tourist visa (or Schengen visa) is the right choice. Your bf needs to invite you, and probably get some documentation on his income.--Jeroen.

Alme wrote:
Tuesday, 23 December 2008 16:52:10 PHT
Hi,, im a filipina. and i have a fiance from norway. and both of us are planning to get married on 2010. and we dont know what are the requirements. can you please give me some info about marriage in the church and also the requirements of it. thanks
aris wrote:
Monday, 24 November 2008 00:02:32 PHT
i bin already married in the philippines at 22 agust 2008 and wait now for mij wife to come to holland but i must see the marrage is not so worres as people think only to get the right documents is sometimes an problem the work there very slow so you need your time for that and an foreigner don,t need so much papers but look very good if you have the right papers that is very inportant and you need more than 2 weeks to get every right paper there in the philippines
levie wrote:
Thursday, 20 November 2008 10:55:17 PHT
Hello and good day, firstly I want to share my experience as of my boyfriend from England asked me to arrange all the requirements needed in order for us to get married here in the Philippines, I just want to know what to I need to do to be a legal couple, for the fact that I'm a shemale/ladyboy, can you please inform me of some details about this, thank you for hearing my words,,:-)

Your friend will have to help you with paperwork, as in the Philippines, same-sex relationships are not recognized. For the UK, the relevant information can be found on Wikipedia.--Jeroen

maan wrote:
Wednesday, 5 November 2008 22:43:45 PHT
I am married (Civil, coz church wedding takes longer and more documents needed and seminars to attend) to a british but we are residing here in Tenerife. Based on my experienced this are the requirements that I did have. from me: NSO Copy of my birth certificate NSO Certificate of no impediment( proving that you are never been married b4) if you are not getting married on your town, you need to get a certification of residency from your municipal. from him: -his birth certificate -CNI ( proving that he is free to get married -divorce papers ( If have been) -he have to get notice/ intend to married filipina he got it from the british consul in tenerife, then upon arriving in manila you need to exchange it to the british embassy. -some proof of identity ( passport copy, drivers lisence) better to visit your local registrar office first to find out what they needed, we have to undergo family planning seminar.. ( hahaha) but i managed to get my cert, without him attending it... this is only the start of paper works expect more when you are already applying for your visa and residencia.
Maria wrote:
Friday, 31 October 2008 00:41:05 PHT
If you plan to marry in the Philippines please visit this blog:

It talks about the marriage requirements in the Philippines between a foreigner and a Filipino. The blog is great because it contains additional details not just a list. Also the blog contains sample and actual faces of the papers. Hope this helps. Thanks!

lovely wrote:
Wednesday, 29 October 2008 20:19:45 PHT
hello, I'm a Filipina and i have an canadian boyfriend. his going to see me this coming december 2008. We plan to get married here in Philippines. please give the details. what are the documents he will be needing from Canada and me here in philippines. he will stay here in philippines for 2 weeks. Do you think we can have this process of paperworks??? please let me know which is the fastest to do. hope to hear you soon! thanks
melissa wrote:
Saturday, 25 October 2008 10:23:52 PHT
hello, I'm a Filipina and i have an american boyfriend. his going to see me this coming november 2008. We plan to get married here in Philippines. please give the details. what are the documents he will be needing from US and me here in philippines. he will stay here in philippines for 2 weeks. Do you think we can have this process of paperworks??? please let me know which is the fastest to do. hope to hear you soon! thanks
Jan wrote:
Saturday, 25 October 2008 01:23:53 PHT
Hi there, I got married in May to a beautiful filipana woman. I'm British living in the Netherlands and now my wife is in the process of applying for her visa on Wednesday at the Dutch Consulate. It has taken us since June to get all the paperwork together, in fact probably too much paperwork (too much is better than not enough). I have been in contact with the Dutch embassy in Manila and also with the IND here in NL. Also we have been on several forums gathering information, which all have been helpful including this one. Thankfully my wife does not have to take the Dutch intergratation examination abroad, with me being an EU citizen living her in NL. Hopefully not long after my wife has applied we will get the answer we are looking for. We will keep you informed of the outcome and the actual requirements necessary. Great site, keep it up :-)
El-el wrote:
Sunday, 19 October 2008 23:16:15 PHT
HI! I'm EL-EL from Philippines, i have a Swedish fiancee 35 years old, and we planning to marry (church wedding) in leyte 9cebu)this coming December 2008, what are the requirements that he need to bring from his country(Sweden) and where he get the legal capacity of marriage/ in Philippines or in Sweden? is it okay that we get that paper in Sweden or in Sweden consulate in Cebu? pls answer me..thanks
Ana wrote:
Tuesday, 14 October 2008 14:42:16 PHT
Hi...i'm a filipina having iraqi boyfriend. Presently, we are both working in Dubai and we are planning to get married in my home country Philippines. Hopefully by december2008 our wedding will pushed through. But we have a few problems to deal with. First, we are not sure if my boyfriend can enter philippines without having any problems being an iraqi citizen. Since we filipinos is not possible to enter Iraq, we are afraid that he may not be able to enter philippines as well. Second, we don't know yet what are the necessary documents needed for us to be married by civil in the philippines. Third, does he still need to get a visa (if allowed to enter philippines)? Our plan is, i will go home in advance to prepare what needed to be prepared for our wedding then he will follow me after 20days or so. He might stay only for a maximum of 10 days in the philippines. Please do advice and help us on these issues.
martin wrote:
Wednesday, 8 October 2008 21:02:58 PHT
im a german, 29 years old and im planning to marry my girl friend in the philippines this january 2009. what are the requirements that i must bring that are needed for the marriage? please give me the complete list of the requirements., anybody help me please..
Honey wrote:
Thursday, 11 September 2008 08:07:24 PHT
I'm a Filipina and i have Korean boyfriend. We wanna get married here in Philippines. what are the documents he will be needing from Korea and me here in Philippines and what are the process....
JR wrote:
Friday, 5 September 2008 19:34:47 PHT
Hello to all, My case is kinda different, I want to marry in Las Vegas USA, just seeking for everyone's oppinion and advice of what documents do i need to bring for my marriage to be valid also in the Philippines. Currently I am in Indonesia. I just want to make sure that I have all the necessary documents before going to the US. Thanks and God bless to all. Jr
Hasan wrote:
Sunday, 31 August 2008 10:18:34 PHT
I have a question. I am an Saudi and my girlfriend is Filipina. we want to get married in the Philippines. where can we get married in the Philippines? I can't bring any documents from my country accept work certificate...thanks alot
Lanie wrote:
Friday, 29 August 2008 21:30:00 PHT
Hi... I am a Filipina, i have a German boyfriend, this year i applied a tourist visa just to visit my boyfriend and the rest of his relatives and of course he wanted me to feel and see how to live in Germany... but then I was denied...

So this time, we are planning to marry here in the Philippines and hopefully this coming November.

Pls advice me, how long it takes to process the papers needs in our marriage here, and could it be easy to apply in Schengen country to get a visa to visit my boyfriend there in Germany if we get married here? obviously if we're get married here and I'm here and he's in Germany, its not easy that kind of situation... so pls advice me...

Tourist visa are typically denied when the embassy suspects you will overstay, and they tend to assume that will happen when you have a possible partner in the country you are visiting. I am not aware of the exact rules in Germany, but your options are now to apply for non-tourist visa for stay with your fiance or husband (as the case may be). Typical waiting times may be anything between three months, and over a year, depending on the situation. You will have to apply for a German visa, unless your husband lives in another Schengen country. If your husband can arrange to live outside Germany in another EU country for about half a year, EU rules can dramatically shorten that time, otherwise, being married but separated for some time is difficult to avoid.--Jeroen

Jen wrote:
Wednesday, 27 August 2008 18:11:33 PHT
I have a question. I am an American and my fiance is Filipina. We are a same sex relationship and we want to get married in the Philippines. where can we get married in the Philippines? Thanks alot.

Please read above, under "Basic Requiremens."--Jeroen.

Jerollyn wrote:
Tuesday, 26 August 2008 18:15:55 PHT
I'd like to know the requirements on Korean-Filipinamarriage to be solemnized here in the Philippines.
Zel wrote:
Tuesday, 26 August 2008 16:49:56 PHT
Hi have a nice day to everyone i have a Norwegian bf his divorce he have one kid and his planning to visit me here and married here what was the requirements needed?we plan civil married ,,,or how can i go there even if we are not married or we don't have any pic but we always chat everyday for almost 10 months? What should we need to do?
Jeanne wrote:
Tuesday, 26 August 2008 11:49:10 PHT
Hi sir. Can you send me a site what best for me to find the basic and complete requirement for my American BF to marry me here in Philippines? i need it badly ... pls help me. regards
Brent wrote:
Monday, 25 August 2008 17:21:30 PHT
Hello site..

I would have to say that this site gives a lot of helpful advice. It is worth reading from one article to another..

Now, i hope this site can answer my questions.

I have a Dutch boyfriend for almost a year now. It takes a lot of effort and consumes time to get a Schengen Visa everytime we need to see each other. He is too busy to fly to the Philippines so, I always have to be the one to fly to the Netherlands, and obtaining a visa is a lot stressful. In a few months, we plan to marry in the Netherlands. We are in a same sex relationship. What are the steps needed in order to obtain a legal marriage in the Netherlands? And would the Philippine government issue me a legal capacity to contract marriage knowing that it will be a same sex marriage?

I advise to ask your question in, which is specialized on Dutch-Foreign marriages.--Jeroen

Bevzkie wrote:
Wednesday, 20 August 2008 15:46:38 PHT
Hi need help. I'm so confused and i don't know what to do. I have a Australian bf and we're in a relationship for almost 9 months now. exchanging emails, calls (video calls), sms and sending cards and photos via post mail. we've met last july 30, 2008 in person and he we've been together till august 5, 2008. His parents and his younger brother is with him on that time so i met them all. Fortunately they like me and they invite me for a Christmas vacation this coming December. He paid for the visa fee for my tourist visa and send everything that i need to lodge my application. but he wants to marry me there when i get there. Is it possible to get married there while holding a tourist visa? do you think it will not affect my next application of visa? When i get back here in Philippines? like spousal visa? hoping for your immediate advised thanks alot...
HandsomeGroom wrote:
Monday, 18 August 2008 09:13:00 PHT
DEAR sirs: I have a girlfriend in Philippines and she is agree to the suggestion to come to Mexico working peeling potatoes in a ship, then go to Land in a Mexican port and I will pick her up to come to my place. We are really in love. However, you know soo far relation ships could lead to some doubt, in this case my fear is if she wants to go to the damn United States (I want she to stay in Mexico) .. my question is There would be a way to ban her from going to the USA? there are an International office that could help me to make her staying in Mexico? I am fully determinated to support her and to love her to have a life lasting relationship. I would be very disappointed if she express she wants to go to USA. Many thanks and congratulations on this useful page. Jose
Anne wrote:
Monday, 11 August 2008 04:16:40 PHT
My bf po ko British at nka pag tourist na po k sa uk ngayon gusto po nya umuwi Pinas para pakasalan ko. Pareho po kami nsa Germany ngayon. Anu po b magandang way para mka punta k uk at ilang months b pwede mag stay ng uk pag visit marriage visa
Jhe wrote:
Friday, 8 August 2008 19:20:05 PHT
Hi...i have a Norwegian boyfriend..were planning a church wedding...what are the requirements?we are both single...thanks god bless to all...
Mika el wrote:
Thursday, 7 August 2008 23:48:32 PHT
I was previously married to a woman from Philippines in 2002, it was a civil wedding in a Swedish court house. We did NOT marry in a church.

Then we both lived in Sweden. During the time we were married in Sweden, my wife registered our marriage to Philippine embassy in Sweden. Its written in her Philippine passport she is married to me.

We are now divorced according to Swedish law.

I have now met a new woman from Philippines, she is single, never married.

She want us to marry in Philippines in her local church. This is really important to her.

So I called Philippines embassy to get some info, they said since I been married before, I can not marry again in a Philippine church, BUT they said it was ok to have a civil marriage in Philippines.

My new girlfriend got shocked by this bad news since she really want to marry in church.

Why I can marry in Philippine in a civil process but not in the church?

Neither me or my new girlfriend have been married in church before.

Or has the embassy told me wrong information?

The Philippines has (to some degree) separation of state and church, so you should not ask the embassy about a church wedding, but the church in question. However, most likely, a Roman Catholic church will refuse the marriage as it does not recognize divorces, but does recognize marriages performed outside the RC church. Other churches may have different rules. Since the Philippines recognizes foreign divorces, the road to a civil wedding is still open.--Jeroen.

Jenny wrote:
Thursday, 31 July 2008 12:29:12 PHT
Hi there, thanks for this interesting site to give some advise for a Filipina whom have plan to marry in foreigner. Like me, my bf is from India and he was plan to get marry here this year. We would like to know what are the documents we needed to apply a visa for India while we prepare for our wedding. Because he want me to join w/ him goin back 2 India after our wedding. How long we need to wait for a visa. Pls, advise me thru my email. Thanks a lot and Bless your heart!
Aisyah wrote:
Thursday, 31 July 2008 12:25:56 PHT
Hi Pilipina ako gusto ako pakasalan ng boyfriend ko na Malaysian muslim ano ang mga requirement para makasal kami?
Lalay wrote:
Thursday, 24 July 2008 22:40:41 PHT
Hello everyone. I am a filipina and planning to get married with a divorce canadian nation this year. I just want to as your opinions on what are the things we need to prepare?. What are the requirements for both of us to have a civil wedding here in the philippines. Hope you can help me. Thanks and God bless.
Denia wrote:
Sunday, 20 July 2008 20:18:22 PHT
I'am a Filipina, my boyfriend is from Netherlands he is a Dutch (nationality) and also a widowed and we are planning to marry next year. What we will do and whats the requirements. Thanks, Denia

I think most of the details are on this page (especially for Dutch). If he has any specific questions, ask.--Jeroen

Robbie Smith wrote:
Wednesday, 9 July 2008 22:59:11 PHT
I would like to know, if a person in the phillipines wants to come to the USA, what would visa cost? We have been in contact for a long time but my health will not allow me to travel to phillipines, but she wants to come her for a bit so we can spend time together and her meet my family and possible marriage. Can you give me some advice, please. thanks, Robbie
Fisherman wrote:
Wednesday, 9 July 2008 16:30:51 PHT
Hello, I am a Portuguese National living in the United States, as a Permanent Resident. I am planning to visit my Fiancée and get married in the Philippines with my Filipina Fiancée, which I have known for 2 years, and we have met physically within this time period. I am planning to live there after marriage, because I am a Portuguese National would that be a problem me getting an extension, and then eventually apply for a Philippines Visa while there? It would be very helpful if you could clarify this issue for me, and what requirements I need to achieve my objective. Thank you. Fisherman
Willy wrote:
Tuesday, 8 July 2008 12:57:28 PHT
Tanong ko lang poh kung pwde po ba ikasal ang 2nd cousin dto sa Pilipinas batas po ba ukol doon na pwede kami magpakasal?
Isa Taripe wrote:
Monday, 7 July 2008 19:11:24 PHT
We're already married with my Dutch husband now, and he wants to register our marriage certificate at there place but he needs a stamp from the nso, from the dutch embassy and from the dfa, how i can get that stamp?

He will need the NSO marriage certificate (on security paper) legalized by DFA and the Dutch Embassy, following the same procedure as outlined above. He can then submit this to the municipal office in the Netherlands. If you've married outside Manila, it will take some time for the NSO documents to arrive in Manila, so you will need to expedite this by asking regional NSO offices to forward the documents for you.--Jeroen.

stiffany wrote:
Friday, 4 July 2008 10:27:06 PHT
Q? am a filipina.. my bf is a US military in korea.. we wanna get married in korea.. what papers do i need? or what do we need to do?
Gary wrote:
Thursday, 3 July 2008 18:34:36 PHT
I have met a lady from the Philippines and we want to get married. Right now I am in Iraq in the US Army and will be home in the US about Feb. She is in the Philippines and I will be in the US. What do I do so she can fly here and we can get married so she can stay here?

It will be impossible to get her a fiancee visa if you've never met each other, so you will need to show some evidence you've met during the visa application process. My advise is to go to the Philippines and meet once more (if you've never been there). Further information can be obtained from the Mag-Anak group, who have a lot of collective experience in this.--Jeroen.

George W. R. wrote:
Wednesday, 2 July 2008 15:16:39 PHT
I think a very good idea is to add here time limit for each important document, like expiring date cause sometimes marriage can be made in several months, sometimes 1 or 2 years, so it might be necessary for the foreign person to come 2 or 3 times for papers and he might not have long visits, and also I consider this is not particular case. Thx, best regards

This is a good suggestion. In the Philippines many documents and legalizations expire after one year, and other governments use terms of three to six months, so it is wise to plan ahead in this respect. If you happen to have 'expired' documents, it never harms to just present them, without bringing that fact to the attention of the official, as they might be accepted anyway.--Jeroen.

Ace wrote:
Thursday, 19 June 2008 17:24:13 PHT
Hi I accidentally saw this site and something caught me that might help me solve my problem. I think this site is great and can help people to solve something. by the way I have questions bothering me and I'm hoping you can help me. I'm a Filipina au-pair here in Norway for nine months now and soon finished my contract on the first of October, the thing is i have a Norwegian boyfriend and we want to get marry on September. I want to stay here with him of course thats why were getting married because we want to be together and make a family. But some says I'm still going to back to the Philippines after the marriage or after my contract, is it true that I need to go back to my country even though I'm already married here in Norway? Is Norway going to send me back in the Philippines? Or its ok that I can stay here after our marriage. Hope you can help me, and looking forward to read your opinions, suggestions and answers. Thank you.

I do not have any knowledge about Norwegian immigration law, so cannot help you there. However, there certainly are lawyers or legal advisers who can help you further. Don't always take information given by officials for granted, but get independent legal advice.--Jeroen.

Fisherman wrote:
Tuesday, 17 June 2008 04:38:40 PHT
Thank you Jerome, this was very helpful to have you clarify my question... Have a good day.... Fisherman
Fisherman wrote:
Monday, 16 June 2008 14:43:50 PHT
Guidelines on the Entry of Temporary Visitors to the Philippines.

What does this really mean below in order to enter the Philippines? "Nationals who are subjects of deportation/blacklist"

This means that if you have committed a crime in the Philippines or have been deported from the Philippines for some other reason, you may end up on a blacklist, and will be denied entry in future.--Jeroen.

Chandra kanth wrote:
Thursday, 12 June 2008 23:07:25 PHT
Hello I'm from India and currently residing in India. I'm in love with a Philipino girl and will marry her. Currently I am holding a Indian passport. I will marry her and wish to bring her back to India. So what are the procedures for marrying my girl friend and what should I have to do to bring her back to my country. Can anyone help?
Chandra kanth wrote:
Thursday, 12 June 2008 23:02:51 PHT
I am indian my girl friend is in Philippines and we love each other and we are planning to marry i have got permission with my girlfriend parents they have agreed to that and she is welling to settle with me in India please help me to make her to come to my place India and settle with me i am 23years and she is 20
Chandra Kanth wrote:
Thursday, 12 June 2008 22:36:14 PHT
Sir i am Indian i am loving Philippines girl she is in manila i want to marry her and i want to bring her to India what is the procedures and legal implications please help me so that we will be happy to settle
Jm contreras wrote:
Tuesday, 10 June 2008 15:44:31 PHT
I am a Filipino and i am married to american citizen..our problem is How can we fix our marriage certificate? When I was 17 and wanted to work to other country,i decided to change my birth year a year older..then i went to japan.After that i went to korea then i met my husband..we get married in U.S,Philippine & Korean Embassy,The problem is i gave them a fake birthcertificate w/ is my age is 1 year older. Is there some way or how can we fix it legally? Pls help us and give us a detail on how we can start fixing it.
Daisy wrote:
Sunday, 1 June 2008 09:32:59 PHT
This is great, I have a dutch boyfriend he is divorced now in Holland with his ex-Filipina wife... I ask him to marry me but he said if we will marry I don't take anything from him especially his pension when he will die coz I don't live there in Holland I will just stay here this is bother me, can u help me why like this... whats the possible reason and what is there law regarding marrying a foreigner? thank u ...

I cannot guess his motives. I don't know about laws in Holland or the Philippines against marrying a foreigner, but what he apparently is thinking about is marrying with a prenuptial agreement ("huwelijkse voorwaarden" in Dutch). In my own opinion, a prenupt needs to be well understood, and, in normal Dutch practice are used when one party has a considerable business interest or inherited wealth. Normally, Dutch couples marry without a prenupt, which implies all property becomes common property (that is "absolute community", which is similar to rule in the Philippines). In the Netherlands you also need to have a prenuptial agreement to exclude claims on sharing old-age pensions.

A prenupt might be reasonable if the person owns a large business, or children from previous relationships he has to take care of, and should be drawn carefully by a lawyer to deal with that specific case. I would strongly advise against a prenuptial agreement where you simply sign away all rights to financial support and inheritance. If you love somebody, you trust somebody, and should be able to discuss such things openly. If you marry a foreigner, you will have to make a huge leap of faith to move to a foreign country and rebuild your life. Nothing wrong, but such a leap of faith must be matched by a similar leap of faith from the other partner.--Jeroen.

P.S. See, for some discussion on the issue.

Rameem wrote:
Wednesday, 28 May 2008 22:50:09 PHT
How can get legal capacity?, I’m Indian, 27 years old, right now I’m in Manila with my girl, we are working in Dubai, I went Indian embassy for to get legal capacity, but they are asking parent consent letter, why? there is no age limit? I produce singleness certificate and Birth Certificate from Dubai Indian consulate, we are fixing our marriage this June, we should go back to Dubai end of June also, please advice me ....

I am sorry, but cannot help you, as I don't know the rules the Indian embassy or consulate works under. For your own peace of mind, better not ask why certain rules are in place, but ask where the rules are written, and what you need to do to comply with them.--Jeroen.

Tony Malcolm wrote:
Monday, 26 May 2008 06:25:59 PHT
Hi i am getting married in april 2009 in the Philippines i would like to get Alma out here in december for 2 weeks but unless she has family here in australia the laws state ishe cant come out is there anything i can do to help her regards tony malcolm
Erlinda wrote:
Friday, 23 May 2008 14:51:43 PHT
A follow up question Sir: What if he stays here permanently, will it affect his pension and insurances in canada or cut-off directly?
Erlinda wrote:
Friday, 23 May 2008 14:50:04 PHT
Thanks for this site.I am a filipino and have a canadian boyfriend who is 84 years old. He wants to marry me here in the philippines.What will be the requirements for him and me and does he need to apply for a visa if he plans to apply for a permanent residency here without going back to canada?What will be the requirements too for permanent residence here in Philippines for canadians?Thanks
Linda wrote:
Friday, 23 May 2008 14:08:12 PHT
Tanong ko lang po kasi darating po yung maging asawa ko na canadian.First time lang nya pumunta at 84 years old na sya.Pero physically fit pa daw sya.Pano ang mga requirements sa kasal dito sa pilipinas at gusto din nya na dito na manirahan pagkatapos at di na babalik sa canada.
Tony wrote:
Wednesday, 21 May 2008 15:53:33 PHT
just a follow up: My fiance can provide legal capacity to marry and his divorce decree so that we can get married in the Philippines, will his previous marriage be an impediment to any legalities in the Philippines? Pls need answers right away.

This gets close to the edge. The way I read Philippine law, the answer is, yes, you can marry in the Philippines, if you can bring the legal capacity from the Australian embassy, and the final divorce degree, fully legalized. You might encounter some push-back. If the trouble is too big, you can simply circumvent it by marrying in Australia.

Similar discussions sometimes arise when a Filipino, married to a foreigner in the Philippines obtains a divorce abroad. Although the law does not make the distinction explicit, some officials interpret it that the Filipino partner should not have initiated the divorce. (See this FAQ at the Los Angeles Consulate) I believe this interpretation is wrong, as the intention of the relevant section in the law is to recognize the de facto situation as created by the foreign divorce. The relevant section in the family code is article 26 of chapter 1. The reason I believe the official interpretation is wrong because both partners obtain a divorce, regardless of who initiated the proceedings. Note that this article says nothing on the status of the foreign partner in the Philippines, hence article 21 remains in full force.

To avoid complications, I suggest, when a foreigner-Filipino couple wants to divorce, for the foreigner to initiate the official divorce proceedings, if in anyway possible (Even though in most cases I know, it was the Filipina partner who asked for the divorce).--Jeroen.

P.S. I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice.

Tony wrote:
Wednesday, 21 May 2008 14:46:11 PHT
Your site is very informative. I got answers to my questions, I just need to clarify one thing. What is it that needs to be done with the previous marriage (now divorced) of an Australian to a Filipina in the Philippines if the Australian wants to marry again in the same country.
Mike wrote:
Tuesday, 13 May 2008 09:05:16 PHT
Great site, Good advice. Just one question. Is it 10 consective days after aplying for the certificate, or do weekends and holidays not count? Thanks
Girly wrote:
Monday, 21 April 2008 13:02:42 PHT
My future husband is a Canadian. He is coming to Philippines this coming August to marry me. He wants to have it in Bohol bcoz he wants to stay in Bohol Tropics (bcoz he heard bohol tropics from his friend) as our honeymoon. Im from Davao, now what are the requirements in Civili Marriage in Bohol needed for me to bring. Please reply....
Nina Edlin D. Sampilo wrote:
Thursday, 10 April 2008 19:22:46 PHT
May question po ako about sa legalization of documents.. Ung husband ko po kailangan nyang ma-attest ung diploma and licence nya. kailangan po bang ung original na diploma and licence ang ipapa-attest? or ok lang po ba na copy of the diploma and licence lang ang ipapa-attest?

This article is about legalization of civil registry documents for legal purposes. You will need to contact the institution requiring the legalized diplomas as to their requirements.--Jeroen.

Hilton wrote:
Saturday, 5 April 2008 03:21:22 PHT
Hi... great site... I'm a South African citizen, coming to the Philippines to hopefully find my bride to be. I did not apply for a visa, since I can stay for 21 days. What happens if I decide to stay and not leave? Please give appropriate results... Thanking you in advance.

As long as your money lasts and do not cause trouble, you will probably be able to stay for a very long time, especially if you stay privately with friends, or regularly change resort or hotel. However eventually, you may wish to travel outside the country, or encounter a place where you will be asked for your passport. Then you will get into considerable trouble if you cannot produce a valid entry stamp, visa, or resident permit. My advise is to extend your stay officially at least one week before it ends (it is not difficult but costs some money), and if you want to go for a reason other than tourism or visiting friends, collect sufficient information on residence permits beforehand.--Jeroen.

Vinay wrote:
Wednesday, 2 April 2008 08:36:00 PHT
Hi its a very very useful and informative article for those are in the process of getting married to a Filipino. I have a question, legalizing (notarizing) the documents of the foreign national willing to marry a Filipino is to be obtained from his home country or it can be legalized in his home country embassy in the Philippines?

It depends on your home country, but often you will have to do such things in your home country, sometimes even in your place of residence or birth only.--Jeroen.

PJ wrote:
Wednesday, 26 March 2008 07:16:03 PHT
Dear Sir. My Fiance and I were prior Filipino citizen. Currently were both American citizen and we are planning to get married in the Philippines this coming June. It will be a church wedding;both of us are over the age of 25; never been married before and no children. What are the requirements we need to get in order for us to get married? So far we got these done: Birth Certificate from NSO/LCRO, "Batismal & Confirmation Certificates" with notations For Marriage, 2 sets of 2x2 ID picture, "Certification of freedom to marry" from our parish here in America and Notarize Copy of our US Passport. Thank you for your time and I hope you can help me.
Rena wrote:
Friday, 22 February 2008 13:27:44 PHT
Your site is good and it helps many people who have problem and doubtful in their situation. I hope this can be also a great help of my friend who wants to get marry an Aussie guy. Her boyfriend already married a Filipina here in Philippines and now his divorce was on going processed in Australia because they are living there for many years after they married here in Philippines. My question is, can be possible for him to marry Filipina again knowing that their wedding was done in the Philippines?

As long as he and his former spouse are not both Philippine citizens, and he can produce his divorce papers, yes, he can.--Jeroen.

Jennifer wrote:
Tuesday, 12 February 2008 10:30:20 PHT
How many years or months waiting for the spouse visa how long it takes to wait until you can enter America.

I don't know. Maybe you can find more information on the Mag Anak website.--Jeroen.

Raj Kumar wrote:
Monday, 11 February 2008 14:50:48 PHT
hi! Actually this site is best, but i have not found my answer here. I am Indian and my gf is a Filipina. We have decided to marry within next 2 years in her country. Can you please tell me what are the procedures to go there and marry her according to their laws? I want to finish all the procedures within 20-25 days and come back with her.
Arun Fernando wrote:
Thursday, 3 January 2008 22:35:02 PHT
I am a Srilankan national national planned to marry a Filipino national and will be there in March 2008 and I have only 30 days time to sort out all the related things to get married. Is this possible any one can give me any idea about this. Thanks Arun
Bela wrote:
Sunday, 23 December 2007 20:13:06 PHT

Absolutey great article, so far the only useful info on the net. Well done!

I'm getting married Sept 2008 in the Philippines, I'm from Hungary, I need to get "certificate of legal capacity to marry" also as known "affidavit of singleness". I'm trying to sort this out soon, but I'm worried, if I ger it too early, it might going to get expired before the wedding. Do you know if there is a validition period? For example 30 days? Id would make sense, but I'm probably wrong.



Paul wrote:
Sunday, 23 December 2007 17:14:30 PHT
Just an observation that it is far, far easier for someone wishing to marry a Filipina to do so in Hong Kong, which is a short, cheap flight from The Philippines (and Filipinos get 14 day vis-free entry). Neither party need be resident there, and a civil ceremony can be conducted by any licensed civil celebrant in any place. All you need are to give 14 days notice (which can certainly be done with one of the parties not present, and perhaps completely remotely) and then turn up on the day with two witnesses (who need not be known to the parties). Total cost for a solicitor/civil celebrant to handle all the paperwork and do the ceremony at their offices should be about US$500. See for a example description.
Darrel wrote:
Saturday, 22 December 2007 02:59:12 PHT
I have met a lady I have been talking to for about one year online and am planning to visit her in Gingoog City but I had someone tell me who lives there she may already be married is there anyway to find out before I spend all that money for a trip there and find out I have been made a fool of?
Shawn Iselin wrote:
Monday, 3 December 2007 06:03:10 PHT
I think this site is very informative but there is a question I have not been able to find the answer to. If the woman I want to marry has been married in the Philippines and they have separated but they do not fall under the law of an annulment or a voided is there any paperwork that they can get that will allow us to get a K1 visa to marry in the U.S.

I am afraid this is a very difficult issue in the Philippines. Since there is no divorce, once married mean married until death of either of the parties, even if the marriage is failed and the partners have been separated for many years. Probably one the requirements of for a fiance visa is a certificate of non-occurrence in the national marriage register, which will be difficult to obtain for married people. An annulment of a marriage in the Philippines is an official observation (by a court of justice) that a marriage was never valid from the beginning. This is only allowed in exceptional cases, such as marriage fraud, mistaken identities, etc.--Jeroen.

Polly wrote:
Wednesday, 31 October 2007 00:56:47 PHT
Hi jeroen...thanks that i have glanced to this site. i have a very interesting question and i really hope that u can answer me. i am a filipina, and got married here in Norway last August, 2006, and have already a residence visa here, and we have plans with my husband to have a church wedding in bohol, philippines this january, 2008. what about the requirements for my husband, does he still needs a document from the Royal Norwegian Embassy-that Legal Capacity to Marry, or is it enough that we will just show our Marriage Certificate here in Norway or submit it including my NSO and other documents to the municipality and the church where we have to register. our Marriage certificate is in norwegian language from the one of the courts here in Norway. that's all, thanks and God Bless....
Damir wrote:
Tuesday, 30 October 2007 15:50:43 PHT
Hi Jerone, yesterday I sent you few questions but I have to ask you two more things. After I got married apart to register the marriage in the Phulippines is it enough to do the same in the embassy of my country ( Spain ) or I have to do it as well in the embassy of the EU country I wish to go? And another question is: if my future wife apply for her documents and legalize them before I come ( in order to save some time )how long do you reckon it would take to process all the papers before she would be able to join me in Europe? ( i guess we would wait longer to go to Spain rather than another eu country since for Spain we would have to attend an interview which for the other EU countries it is not necessary ) What was your experience, did you have to wait more than 2 months? Thank you very much in advance Jerone!
Damir wrote:
Monday, 29 October 2007 21:28:37 PHT
Hello, your web site is very interesting and it is really very useful!

I have two questions and I hope you could help me.

I am a Spanish citizen and I will marry a Filipina. Now, I know and I red from your web site that I need to legalize my birth certificate and a certificate that states that I m not married in the department of the foreign affair of my country and then in the Philippines embassy in my country as well.

Since I don't live in Spain for me it would be much more easier to request the above mentioned documents in the Spanish embassy in the country I reside as of the moment where these documents would be even legalized. Is this possible and if it is can I after that when I arrive to the philippines legalize them again in the spanish embassy and after that also in the department of the foreign affair in the philippines?

Another question is related to your statement which is:If you are married to an EU citizen, you should be given a residence permit with minimal procedures in any EU country except that of the EU citizen itself. So if your partner is Dutch, and he lives, or is willing to relocate to Belgium, you can join him much faster than when he would live in the Netherlands. Well actually instead of Spain I wanted to go to live in Austria with my future spouse but apart that it takes longer time for getting the resident permit for her than in Spain there is also another condition: if my wife wants to join me I need to have a job already or I need to provide a bank statement to prove that I have sufficient resources to maintain her until she doesn't find a job and all these I don't need in Spain since I m a Spanish citizen so I m a bit confused by your statement and I m wondering if maybe there is something that I'm not aware of?

Thank you very much for your help!

I can't answer your question on the document legalization bit. Ask the Spanish embassy in Vienna. Note that many documents can be requested on-line in many countries now.

The remark on getting easy residence for your non-EU wife in any EU country but your own is based on EU-treaties, which state that nationals of one EU member state and their relatives, even if not EU citizens can settle in another EU country with minimal paperwork. Technically, not even a visa can be required, although it is normally quicker to apply for a tourist visa than to try to enforce that rule. You should remind the Austrian embassy of this, and if they refuse to cooperate, talk with a competent immigration lawyer in Austria. I know these rules have been enforced by court in Belgium a few times. Note that this EU right to settlement also applies if you now decide to move back to Spain.--Jeroen.

Margaux wrote:
Wednesday, 24 October 2007 13:12:29 PHT
Good day! I have a boyfriend in Switzerland, he wish me to visit there country before getting married here in the Philippines. Is it easy to enter their country?What are the requirements? Please help me..
Rosalie Lampa wrote:
Tuesday, 23 October 2007 19:41:22 PHT
This is my 2nd time to write you,and i still have some questions to ask! My boyfriend has a company in Netherlands, so he dont have the payslip to submit for my supporting documents, what are the other documents he can show to the embassy that he can really support me there in Netherlands! Please do help us coz we really want to meet in the Netherlands! Thanks and more power!
Donna wrote:
Wednesday, 3 October 2007 08:38:41 PHT
Hello... ur site is very helpful but i want to ask.... my bf was a Mexican citizen but a US army how can we transact our papers if ever is it in the us embassy or to Mexican???? Hope u could help me tnx...
Jerdy wrote:
Sunday, 30 September 2007 00:00:25 PHT
I just want to ask, if it's hard for the Filipinos to obtain Schengen Tourist Visas? and I also want to ask, that do I really need to submit an ITR in applying a Schengen Visa, because eversince I started working in a company Im working with, I was never in a payroll, what do I do, If I would comply to it now then I should pay a lot of money for that, which I don't have enough, please help me with this, and can you also tell me how much money should there be in a Bank to be able to get a Visa, coz I only got below P200K, but I do have credit cards, Thank you I really need help.
MFY wrote:
Wednesday, 19 September 2007 11:36:46 PHT
Hi i just want some advise fr u. Actually im going to file anualment to my husband,and we are seperated more than five years.and incase my anualment approve is it possible i can get married a foreigner here in Philippines? And what are all the his/my requirements is needed if once we get married here? Pls... im waiting ur advise. Thanks n more power
Rosalie wrote:
Monday, 17 September 2007 23:06:29 PHT
I am a Filipina, and my boyfriend is a Dutch, i will just ask what is the simplest way to go there with him, first he will go here to marry me, or he will send me an invitation to go there? And how many months is the processing of the visa? He wants me to go there as soon as possible, but we have 2 options (marry me first here, or sending me an invitation) and what is the simplest way to go there! Please help us to decide coz he cant leave for his work! thanks and more power!

Hi Rosalie, I find it somewhat dubious if somebody from the Netherlands can't get leave from his work to marry. Here we all have at least 22 paid holidays a year (prescribed by law), and many companies have even more. Personally, I would advise any Filipina wishing to marry a foreigner, to first invite the foreigner to visit her in the Philippines, so they have a change to know each other in person. When all paperwork is in order, the application for a tourist visa will take about two weeks, while an MVV (a visa that entitles you to apply for a residence permit in the Netherlands) may take several months.--Jeroen.

Luz wrote:
Wednesday, 29 August 2007 16:52:38 PHT
Good day! Mine is totally different, not because the story isn't mine. It goes this way, a (married) guy renewed his passport abroad where he works, probably for the purpose of marrying his girlfriend; he did not state his real status (being married), he then obtained a certificate of singleness but that I not sure from which agency (could be fake) and got married in Abu Dhabi. Now, my question is, Is his marriage to the second lady legal? If the first wife wants to file charges against him, what should it be? Perjury; for lying his true status? Falsification of Public Docs? The second lady believes her marriage to him is legal, and that no one can go after her/him or them basing on the family code, she has watched and recorded something from a program on tv. Pls. advise that now have an eight year old son.

Under Philippine law, the second marriage would be null and void, and you, or the public prosecutor can charge your husband with a range of crimes, including fraud. Officially, as far as I know, the Philippines has no certificate of singleness: the thing that comes nearest to it is a certificate of non-appearance in the national marriage index at the NSO, which is only partly reliable, as their can be up to six months delay in marriage registrations arriving at this index, and historical records are often faulty. I think it important in your situation is to decide what you still need from him, such as for example financial support for you and your child, and find a way to obtain that. This may be very difficult, given that he is abroad. The second lady probably is just another victim of this behavior.--Jeroen.

Jesusa Casimiro wrote:
Sunday, 26 August 2007 20:20:13 PHT
Greeting! I'm been seperated for 15 years and I have now a US citizen bf. Can I possibly apply for an annulment and marry my US bf? What is the requirement for a US citizen to marry a Filipina? Any advise will be highly appreciated, thank you and God bless!
Tess Vice wrote:
Friday, 24 August 2007 04:57:47 PHT
Am a Filipino but have a British Citizen, am renewing my wedding vows in the Philippines what are the requirement we need to be able to have my wedding vows in Philippines? Or is it possible for me to have my wedding vows in Philippines at all.

Since the renewal of vows has no legal status at all, this is up to you, and maybe the church where you want to perform a ceremony.--Jeroen.

Carlota wrote:
Tuesday, 21 August 2007 14:44:10 PHT
Good day, I need an advise please. I have a Dutch bf. I applied for Schengen visa so i can spend Christmas with him in Holland. We are still waiting for the results from IND. But yesterday, my dutch bf was offered a job in UK and we are trying to assess how this will affect us. Is UK a part of European Union? Can I go go to UK with the Schengen visa?

We are thinking of getting married next year too and i am currently studying the basic Dutch for the civic integration exam since its a requirement before I can get my MVV. If my bf will be based in UK, do I still need to take the civic integration exam? Will my bf be able to sponsor me and bring me to UK so we can get married there? Please advise. Thanks a million again.

A Schengen visa will not give you entry to the UK. You will need a UK visa for that. If you want to join your then Dutch husband in the UK, you need not take the exam. A tourist visa to the UK should be enough, based on EU rules, however, to get your capacity to marry, the Dutch Embassy will probably ask proof that your fiancee is not residing in the Netherlands.--Jeroen.

Maya wrote:
Tuesday, 7 August 2007 21:03:04 PHT
Hi, i've been married for 10 yrs. Here in the US. I would like to renew our vows there. Just wondering what kind of papers do i need to get. Thanks
Glenda wrote:
Tuesday, 7 August 2007 18:17:03 PHT
I am Roman Catholic before and now I converted to Muslim, I was married with filipino before I converted to Muslim but after six years of separation I convert to Muslim because I was working in Middle-East, I was to marry with arab but how am I allwed to marry since im muslim now, please give me your advice..thank you.
Zachary wrote:
Tuesday, 7 August 2007 13:47:03 PHT
Hi, i am going to Bohol next year, I am a citizen of the united states, I am 27 and my wife to be is 23, I need to know the step by step intructions to make this work we want to get married and i want to bring her back to the USA with me, My questions are "do we both have to go to the US embassy over there?","how long will i have to wait, is it easy for her to get a marriage certificate over there, do i need one if so were and how do i get it?" I just have so many questions and yet I fell so helpless because i dont know if i am doing the right way on doing this, so please anybody i need some advise thank you.
Frank wrote:
Sunday, 5 August 2007 17:39:27 PHT
Hi there, i've got a simular problem like stefan, i live and work in the UK for over 5 years but i am still german. I will get married in october this year in manila and start to get my papers sorted yet. Unfortunatly i have to deal with the german embassy (even i live in UK) where i have to apply for the "legal to marriage" certificate. then i must get everything translated and veryfied b4 i can apply for a "marriage licence" all this will take ages and of course i cant get 4 weeks holidays is there any other way ? I really need some advise here, looking forward to hear from you Frank
Guada wrote:
Monday, 30 July 2007 13:30:31 PHT
Hi! My boyfriend and I are planning to get married here in Philippines, His an american national. We want to know if what are the important documents he needed to obtain. from his native country. We are waiting, thank you... and more power...
Jacob wrote:
Saturday, 28 July 2007 04:09:33 PHT
I am 20 .. how do I marry my 18 year old girlfriend without parents consent? What do i have to do have this marriage?
Run_awaywife wrote:
Friday, 13 July 2007 00:25:57 PHT
Hi, I been married when i wass 22 years old without my parents consent to a foreigner. We were married in the civil registrar in Manila. Now i want to annul our marriage. It is possible? and can i be married to someone else after the marriage annulled? and how many months this will take? What if my husband doesn't want our marriage to be annul? I am currently living in one of the EU contries. Please enlighten me..thanks--
Stefan P. wrote:
Thursday, 12 July 2007 01:19:01 PHT
Hello there, thanks for your detailed report :) I haved a question, i am a EU Citizen (German), i will get married in a couple of weeks to my filipina girlfriend, i would like to get her a visa for ireland after marriage. You told in your article it is easier for EU Citizens who dont life in there native country to get a visa for thier wife if you life in another EU country. Could you please specify that, as i cannot find anything about that online on the Internet, you can also write to my e-Mail Address if you want. Thanks in Advance Stefan
Sky indigo wrote:
Friday, 6 July 2007 13:38:58 PHT
Which of the two is a better choice? I'm already leaving here in Amsterdam but my marriage wasn't registered here, only in the Philippines.

1. Legalized/registered my marriage in my country (Amsterdam) then file a divorce after legalizing my marriage.

2. File an annulment here in the Philippines.

I have evidence such as pictures and mails that my wife is cheating on me even before we get married. If I registered my marriage in Amsterdam and obtained divorce there, does it mean if I come back here in the Philippines, the Philippine government will honor my divorce paper or do I still need to file annulment here? Thank you very much. Hoping for your answer.

I am not a legal adviser, but suggest you first talk with a lawyer in the Philippines specialized in such cases. I can't go into details on your specific case. Although you cannot obtain a divorce in the Philippines (anymore, since 1946 or so), the Philippines does accept foreign divorces.--Jeroen

Sky Indigo wrote:
Sunday, 1 July 2007 20:02:03 PHT
I'm Dutch and was married to a Filipina. I want annulment which already happen to some other foreigners who married a Filipina since for example our wife cheated on us. How can we annul our marriage?

It much depends on where you are. If you are still resident in the Philippines, this will probably be a fairly difficult exercise. If you can demonstrate that the intent to cheat was already present at the time of marriage, that can be a ground for annulment, but, as always, demonstrating an intent is extremely difficult. Other cheating is no ground for annulment. If you are resident outside the Philippines, you can file for divorce in your country of residence. This will probably be a costly exercise as well. Note you cannot obtain a divorce in the Philippines, a foreign divorce is recognized in the Philippines. A hint since you are Dutch: your wife is most likely eligible for "rechtsbijstand".--Jeroen.

Cheryl wrote:
Wednesday, 27 June 2007 21:13:17 PHT
hello everybody,, i got married last march with an american man in texas and now we start our paperworks K3 visa, do i need really need to go in malacañang to get red ribbon for my marriage certificate and NBI and Police Clearance? please help me? Cheryl
Kimberly wrote:
Monday, 25 June 2007 09:10:22 PHT
Hello Sir,I am a fiancee of German citizen.A nd my fiancee wants, that before Christmas I'm already in Germany. We have problem about this, because we are planning to marry in the Philippines through civil. By this, is there a possibility I can have my visa in 3 months for Germany? And what if we marry in Germany, is this takes a long time for me to have visa, or by this, I can have my visa, then.

I don't know the details for Germany, but for many western countries, if you still have to start your paperwork, getting a permanent visa can take more than 3 months. However, the only one who can give an indication about this is the German embassy. Since much of the paperwork you need for a marriage is the same you will need for a visa, it probably doesn't make a big difference whether you marry here or in Germany (although in some countries, notably the U.S., getting married in the Philippines may actually cause further delays.)--Jeroen

Lou wrote:
Wednesday, 20 June 2007 06:44:25 PHT
Dear Sir, GOOD DAY!

Thanks for this site, it helps a lot, especially to those people who are confused about getting married in the Philippines.

I am a Filipino who was planning to get married here in Consulate of the Philippines, Milan, Italy to my Filipina girlfriend this coming December. My girlfriend is currently working in USA, and she will be here before our wedding. We're both single, natural born Filipino and legal age,I would like to ask about the complete requirements needed for that matter so that we have enough time to prepare whatever may be needed. I'm looking forward that you can help me with this.

Thanks and god bless!


You're most welcome. I don't know about the Consulate in Milan (give them a call!), but the Philippine Embassy in The Netherlands gives some relevant information on marrying abroad.--Jeroen.

Mike wrote:
Friday, 15 June 2007 13:48:52 PHT
Dear Sir,

What if the foreigner is a Muslim who is about to marry my sister as his second wife? Can this be possible since one of the requirements of the foreigner stated above is not married? Regards, Mike

I strongly advise against such marriages, even if the laws in some countries make this possible.--Jeroen.

Alvin wrote:
Sunday, 10 June 2007 05:40:55 PHT
Hello sir, I just like to ask about my cousin because he's getting married without knowing with his family and he is only 23 years old and the girl is 25 years old, the problem is I don't know if he like that girl because he just tell that problem to me not to his family, maybe he just forced to married the girl. Does he need a parental consent for that problem sir? and if their getting married and he want to divorce the girl, is he have the rights to defense his side? They are the same Filipino. I hope that you can give me some ideas about that to teach my cousin what is he going to do. Thank you very much and more power.

Your question is somewhat unclear to me. There is no divorce in the Philippines, so that is out-of-the-question. Normally, people below 25 years will need parental consent to marry, but this requirement can be waived (after a waiting period of three months) if parents refuse consent. If it is not waived, the parents can object to issuing of a marriage permit. If the wedding has already taken place, it may be a ground for an annulment, but that already will be a complicated proceeding.--Jeroen.

Cris wrote:
Friday, 25 May 2007 16:04:36 PHT
I would like to ask about getting married in the Philippines. I'm a natural born Filipino with a German passport and my boyfriend is an American. We would like to have a civil wedding first, do you know how to start up with paperwork and requirement? Please help. Thnx in adv.

At least one partner needs to have Philippine citizenship to be able to marry in the Philippines. Find out through the Philippine consulate in Germany whether you are eligible for re-acquisition of your citizenship. Then double check whether such re-acquisition will not affect your German citizenship with the German authorities (you do not want to loose that, I assume). If both say it is okay, you can re-acquire your Philippine citizenship, and marry following the procedure outlined in this article. If not, you'll have to marry elsewhere, and ask a Philippine church just to bless your wedding...--Jeroen.

Sophia Santisteban wrote:
Wednesday, 16 May 2007 12:33:33 PHT
Thank you for your info. We got married in Quezon City Hall last April 30, 2007. I've got the transmittal of our marriage certificate from the City Hall to NSO. However, I don't know why the NSO will release our certified true copy of marriage certificate in JUNE! I hope you can help me with this. Thank you.
Emely wrote:
Thursday, 3 May 2007 14:22:43 PHT
Dear Sir,

I am happy to find your site and finally maybe you can give me some advice about my getting married in Philippines that really confuse my mind.

I am a Filipina who was getting married here in Australia to my Spanish fiance on this month May 25, 2007 which is held in the Australian registry. And of course we will having a legal copy of our marriage certificate and also a certified true copy from them after a week as what they said to us. But after marry here in Australia we're planning to get married in Philippines this coming September 2007 which is church wedding. My question is,

Do we still need to get a marriage license in the City hall?

I am sorry I cannot answer this for you. Since you are already married, I would think not, but it is best to talk with the priest who is going actually perform the ceremony about this. Do this long enough in advance, so you have time to prepare whatever may be needed. Other visitors may have the same question, so please tell us what you find.--Jeroen.

Ritchel wrote:
Wednesday, 25 April 2007 23:15:30 PHT
Thanks for the advice.. I really appreciated :)
Ritchel wrote:
Monday, 23 April 2007 08:55:13 PHT
Good day! I just read all your articles and it really helps me and i gained more knowledge about marrying here in Philippines. I'm a Filipina, I live in Cebu, and I have a BALIKBAYAN boyfriend and now he is in Australia working. We plan to marry this coming June but we don't know what are the documents we need to have a civil wedding. He plan to stay a week only coz he needs to go back for work is it possible that we can have our civil wedding on that week? He is a BALIKBAYAN he was born here in Philippines but grown up in Australia and now he is a citizen there. Is it same requirements he needs like the other foreigner? or it's easier for him because he is BALIKBAYAN? I hope you can help us in this situation. Thank You very Much. :)

You have two options here. First, your boyfriend can apply for re-acquisition of Philippine citizenship, in which case he can follow the much easier marriage procedures for Filipino citizens. Before he does so, however, he should verify what effect this will have on his Australian citizenship (some countries don't allow dual citizenship). Second, he can not do so, and follow the procedure for foreigners as explained on this page.--Jeroen.

Norie Crisostomo wrote:
Sunday, 8 April 2007 03:37:01 PHT
How can i arrange my annulment in Phil. If i have 2different birthday in my birth certificate, the same name and parents, 2nd birth certificte was late registerd 10 yrs ago-single, 1st b-certificate was married -18yrs no contact w/the husband-he have 4kids w/his new wife. Now i have 2yr old son w/my new husband. Pls help me what should i do?
Marilou Law wrote:
Thursday, 5 April 2007 04:24:17 PHT
Dear Sir, I'm happy to read your advice to those Filipino or foreigner getting married, anyway, I had a problem with my documents. in 1994 I was married to a Malaysian under Philippine law then after 2 years I divorced him in Malaysia. Now I intend to marry a Turkish citizen, I have an absolute decree of my divorce authenticated at Foreign affairs Malaysia and Authenticated at Philippine Embassy in Malaysia. Then we intend to marry in Turkey, when we arrived at Philippine embassy Turkey, someone informed us that I cant marry anymore because I married under Philippine law, and they cant give legal capacity of marriage, But am confused of this law because I'm not marrying in the Philippines, but am going to marry under Turkish Law? My absolute decree was submitted at Philippine Embassy Malaysia and Foreign Affairs Malaysia. would you please help me and at this time I had one year and half baby boy with this Turkish Man but my son is Turkish Citizen he's holding Turkish passport. Sir please help me. Thank you very much.

In this case, the Philippine Embassy in Turkey seems to misinterpret Philippine Law. Divorce in the Philippines is not possible, but foreign divorces are fully recognized, as the Philippine Embassy in Malaysia seems to understand. I think the proper approach is to obtain a copy of the relevant part of Philippine Law (Article 26, paragraph (2), of the Family Code, with relevant jurisprudence.), then draft a letter explaining this issue, and re-apply for the legal capacity. If it is refused again, you should ask the exact reason, note the name of the person refusing the legal capacity, and file a complaint against that person for lack of knowledge of relevant law with the Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila, and with the Office of the Ombudsman. Important: in all your correspondence carefully avoid mentioning you initiated the divorce, as the article can be interpreted such that this is only the case if the foreign spouse initiated the divorce, even though the literal text is not explicit about this (Even if you do not ask for a divorce, you still obtain it when the court grants it). Don't lie about this if you are explicitly asked.--Jeroen.

Nick Horan wrote:
Wednesday, 28 March 2007 06:48:53 PHT
Maraming salamat po!!! Thankyou sir/mama very much for this information. I was looking for my legal status if I marry my Filipina there and choose to stay there, rather than leave. All other sites only talk of going back to U.S. or other country of orgin. Who would want to leave? Salamat po ulit aking friend, Thankyou sir again my friend!! Nick Horan in CT USA
Maria wrote:
Saturday, 24 March 2007 01:02:34 PHT
I have a fiancee he's US military we meet in korea while we both working thr, im a filipina we plan to get merried thr bfr my contract finish, but we run out of time...i am here now in the Phillipines and hes in the Us now, he wants to get a fiancee visa but i want to get merried her in my country...i just wanna know whts better fr us,,,couse we really want to get merried a soon as we can ..thanks
Rose wrote:
Thursday, 8 March 2007 11:21:45 PHT
We got married last Sept 26,2007 my husband process my papers works. My husband is American. I want to ask if I need to get a red ribbon? Thanks
Mari wrote:
Monday, 5 March 2007 23:15:03 PHT
My fiance is Estonian and I am a Filipina. We met while I am studying in Isle of Man, UK. I have to go back home because my student visa expired. We thought of getting married in UK, him being an EU National and not a British Citizen, we can't do it there. Currently, we are planning to get married here in Philippines. He can only take two weeks holiday. Please advise me if such is possible.
Mark wrote:
Sunday, 4 March 2007 10:33:06 PHT

To all of you wanting to get married in the Philippines!!

I got married in just 4 days! I filled out the legal compacity to marry and she picked that up at the Manila embassy 1 week before we were due to marry.

My wife prepared all the paper work before I arrived. 3 days signing papers and seeing people in high places. We got married in a civil wedding and a church wedding the next day.

Yes it was very hard work for three days we would get up at 9am and return home again 11:30 pm.

Maz wrote:
Saturday, 3 March 2007 07:52:45 PHT
Hi, me and my fiance are going to get married in the Philippines hes a British citizen. Then he want to settled down with me in the Philippines forever coz he really loves me and he like to live in the Philippines as well. Can someone help me with the procedure to make this possible for me and him to settled down in the Philippines. Thanks
Richel wrote:
Saturday, 24 February 2007 10:35:36 PHT
Currently my bf and I is planning to get married. He is British man and I'm Filipina. I am currently legally married to a filipino man through civil wedding done by major in local district somewhere in Iloilo but our marriage didnt last, we separate in good ways but not in legal ways. Now my question is, can i get marry again to this british man legally(chruch wedding) without annullment from my previous marriage? if so, could you please tell me what are the steps that we need to do so, aside from annullment because annullment is so expensive. im sorry, im just hoping to find another solution without filling annullment. thank you and more power to you!
N.Relativo wrote:
Saturday, 17 February 2007 15:54:10 PHT
Hi we got married February 5, 2007, he's an American. I am a Filipina. We have not filed any legalization yet. I wonder if i could file those legalizations without his presence? Do we need legalizations? Thank You. P.S. I have no copy of NSO marriage certificate authentication yet because the Local Civil Registrar where we got married said that they will forward it to NSO Manila and it will take 6 weeks for me to get authenticated copy. The only copy I/we have is the Certified true copy from the Local Civil Registar.
Jenny Ann wrote:
Friday, 26 January 2007 15:42:11 PHT
What I am asking for and get confused about is that I have an American boyfriend and we are planning to get married here in the Philippines but the problem was he will be only staying here for two weeks but the said procedure in getting married is to wait for ten days to get the application for marriage be finalized, so is there any faster legal way to get married?

I would plan for at least 6 weeks to process all things required to get married with a foreigner in the Philippines. All required documentation as outlined in this article will be required when applying for the marriage permit, and the 10 day waiting period cannot be waived. There are several alternatives. 1. Ask your fiance to come twice. During the first trip, you arrange the paperwork and apply for the marriage permit. During the second trip (I believe within 6 months, otherwise the permit will expire, ask about the exact term.) you get married and have a honeymoon. 2. Ask him to help get a fiancee visa, and get married in the US. Overall, this may actually be the quickest way to live together.--Jeroen.

Saede Lotte wrote:
Monday, 22 January 2007 13:25:23 PHT
Dear Sir,

We got married in Manila and we have original certificate from NSO Manila. I am from Nepal and she is from Germany but mom is Filipina. To complete the process what we have to do now. We are in Dubai at the moment and we do not have anybody in Philippines. Is there any agent that can work for us? Could you please help in this matter.

Thank you,

This depends on what you want to do. I do not know any agent in Manila. NSO documents can be obtained via their website, but for legalizations, somebody has to go to the specific offices.--Jeroen.

Nhez wrote:
Wednesday, 10 January 2007 05:49:58 PHT
Currently my bf and I is planning to get married. He is a British man and I'm a Filipina.His going for six months, in the Philippines. Its his first time here so what are the first thing that he should do upon arrival in Philippines soil? I'm currently 22 and he 25 what are the documents that we need to accomplish so we can be married here in the Philippines. Secondly what are the necessary documents that we need to pass in able for him to stay for good in the Philippines? He decided to work in the Philippines also. If we get married does he automatically gain the right for working visa here in the Philippines? Lastly in case I want to settle down in UK for good what are the steps that I have to do to apply for immigrant visa in the British embassy. Thank you so much. Hope you can help me up and my bf with our problem, cause we are confused on what to do first. Thank you so much.

Lot of questions. Please read both this article and the article on visa. He won't be able to work in the Philippines without a permit, and that will be very hard to obtain before you two are married. Before he leaves the UK, he should get official documents stating his civil status, and his birth certificate, fully legalized by the Philippine Embassy in London. I am not in the position to find out details of immigrating to the UK, but your boyfriend can collect such information before leaving.--Jeroen.

Abing Magdaraog wrote:
Thursday, 4 January 2007 12:50:41 PHT
I don't comment but I have simple question to ask, I'm married in the Philippines a Filipino but we are separated for 3 years now, what can I do because I want to marry my new boy friend from Australia.

This is always difficult because in the Philippines, divorce is not possible, and obtaining an annulment is a complicated procedure that will not always be successful; you could try this route by locating a lawyer specialized in this field, and a judge that is not to strict in the interpretation of the rules. Besides lobbying for a change of the law in the Philippines, the only way to obtain a divorce is to emigrate to a country that allows divorce, living there long enough for its courts to have jurisdiction, and then filing for divorce. Unfortunately, few countries allow this.--Jeroen.

Charlotte wrote:
Wednesday, 3 January 2007 14:41:19 PHT
Site is very helpful indeed. I was hoping you can enlighten me on the following:

1. Is there such a thing as spousal visa for Philippine citizen who wishes to join her Dutch husband living in the Netherlands?

2. Is the Philippine citizen required to know the Dutch language and pass the civic integration exam before getting a visa? Thank you so much for any advise you can give. Ciao.

1. Yes, what you need is called an "MVV", with the purpose of "family reunion." (Provided you are already married).

2. Yes, although the level of Dutch language skills required is rather low, this may be a considerable hurdle. This can be avoided, based on EU regulations, if your husband can temporarily relocate (for about 6 months) to Belgium or Germany, in which a tourist visa will be enough. Note that in that case, you may also miss the Dutch language course the Dutch government provides to new-comers, and Dutch you will still need to learn when living in the Netherlands.--Jeroen.

Arlene wrote:
Tuesday, 26 December 2006 02:01:59 PHT
My bf and I want to get married in Taiwan, I am a Filipina and he is a US citizen..I'm here in Taiwan working Taiwan..what is the step by step process for us..please help
Jory H wrote:
Thursday, 16 November 2006 00:25:45 PHT
hello again.....

I think this is important for you to added on this site "Art. 26, (par. 2) of the Family Code provides:

Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall likewise have capacity to remarry under Philippine law."

In Opinion that:

“Divorce, as a general rule, is not recognized in the Philippines. However, in the situation contemplated in Article 26 of the Family Code, Supra, and only in that instance, the effect of divorce, which is the severance of the marriage ties, is allowed to benefit the Filipino spouse who is thereby given capacity to remarry under Philippine law.

You can browse all the data on these sites: or

A lot of cases you can use, as your references. You can share this to all foreigners who wish to get married here in the Philippines. This is good for them so they have the idea, what to do next if the marriage does not work out.

Jory, Thanks for filling in the details. I will integrate this information in the main article later, as it happens quite often that a Filipino-Foreign marriage breaks down. I personally know a number of cases. Some people seem to have a vested interested in spreading myths about the stability of such marriages, but I think in practice it is more difficult to work out than a same-background marriage. I am not opposed to mixed marriages (they can be great), but people better know the pros and cons before they enter into one.--Jeroen.

Ivan Miles wrote:
Tuesday, 7 November 2006 16:29:17 PHT
Well right now, I am in a Muslim country working, my gf got pregnant but due to the laws we decided to get married in the Philippine embassy even though that we don't want it.. Could it be possible for us to get divorce or annul our marriage immediately..does it have a validity or time framed to be followed?... what if she will use our papers to get to another country and give birth there? Would it be possible to be still annul?..coz I believe that all papers would be authenticated in our place to be a proof that you are married and be able you to enter that country coz her mother is there?. If it would be possible what would be the process and conditions ..would the Article 45 of the Family Code be followed for the annulment proceedings?..thnx...

That is a confusing set of questions. In principle, if you father a child, you should shoulder the consequences, and take care for it and the mother. That is the most important reason marriage was invented. When you get married under Philippine law, you're always both asked whether you want it, so you said at least once you wanted it. You'll have to proof that you have been forced into it somehow to get an annulment. Since your name doesn't sound Filipino or Spanish; if you are not a Filipino you may be able to obtain a divorce in a jurisdiction outside the Philippines. Such a divorce will also be valid in the Philippines, however, that won't relieve you from your (legal and moral) duty to take care of the child and the mother.--Jeroen.

Jory H wrote:
Sunday, 29 October 2006 00:15:48 PHT
Your site is really a good help. I have question. Can you also add on your site: What if the couple (a Filipina wife and a foreign husband) both decided to split up? and the husband divorced her abroad? What happens next? I think this is also important for them to know and to be aware.

best regards

Ms. Jory H.

You are right, Jory, this happens quite often. Although divorce in the Philippines itself is not possible, the Philippines does recognize foreign divorces. For this it is not relevant whether the marriage took place in the Philippines or abroad. To have a divorce recognized, you'll need to bring the final court decision on the divorce to the Philippine Embassy in the foreign country in question (and if this is not in English, accompanied with a translation by an officially recognized translator). Note that such documents also need to be legalized by the ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country they come from. When these papers have been registered, you can also marry again in the Philippines.

Note that when you get married in the Philippines, your name may change officially to that of your husband. During a divorce, you can have this reversed as well, but this too may take time to have recognised by the Philippine authorities. This is one reason I advise to keep your own name when marrying (this is possible in the Philippines too) Another reason is that having a foreign name may make it slightly more complicated to buy land. Explaining this other reason may help to convince your husband to be that this is a good thing to do...

Note that a divorce will not be recognized by the Catholic Church, so you cannot marry in church again. To be able to do so requires an annulment procedure, which in most cases is not available.--Jeroen.

Prrh wrote:
Saturday, 14 October 2006 23:31:27 PHT
I am just curious if you can give me statistics of marriages of filipino women and service men from the the 1960's through today?
Dee Cox (Mr) wrote:
Thursday, 20 July 2006 19:25:55 PHT
Some time ago I looked at your website because I am a British Citizen currently in the Philippines and would like to take my Filipina wife to-be, to live with me in Spain where I have been living for the last sixteen years. At the time, I was particularly interested in the information you gave about getting married in the Philippines, although we have now decided to get married in the UK where I have a house, and then move subsequently to Spain. When I was looking at your website previously, I had already noticed that the Spanish Consulate website in London was stating that “Under current European legislation, dependants of EU nationals already living in Spain or those wishing to take up residency with their EU spouses, who are themselves holders of passports of any other state outside the EU, may now apply for a residence permit in Spain, without applying for a visa prior to their departure.” (The website explains that ‘dependants’ includes spouses) Furthermore, it appears that even if the EU national does not already live in Spain, but wishes to move there with his non-EU spouse, the only extra requirement seems to be that the spouse should have been financially maintained for ‘up to one year’ – I assume they mean ‘for one year’ because ‘up to’ could mean anything, e.g. one week. Since I last looked at your website I see that you have now added a paragraph about this and I must congratulate you for being on the ball and keeping your website up-to-date, unlike many. You may be interested to know that I recently contacted the Spanish Consulate in Manila who would not make much comment on this other than that it was new legislation and they still want my fiancée to apply for a visa to join me in Spain (not that new because I first noticed it on the London Spanish Consulate website in December 2005). I also contacted the Commission on Filipinos Overseas because a pre-requisite for attending their mandatory counselling course for emigrant fiancé(es) is the submission to them of the visa issued by the foreign consulate. They did not answer my question on how my fiancée could attend the course in the absence of the possession of a visa (because she would be the spouse of an EU citizen and did not need one), although they did say that if she went as a tourist, she would not need to attend the counselling course. Finally, may I ask what we have to do with our UK marriage certificate to get it recognized in the Philippines? I appreciate that it will need to be legalized by the Philippine Embassy in London, before returning to the Philippines but is that sufficient for it to be treated as a valid marriage certificate by the Philippine authorities, e.g. Bureau of Immigration, etc, because we would like to spend part of each year in Spain and part in the Philippines? Again, congratulations on your excellent website. Dee Cox (Mr)

The most practical solution is probably to let her apply for a tourist visa for the Schengen area. She will still get questions from the Philippine immigration officers in that case, so if she has relatives or Filipino friends in one of these countries, give these as reference for Philippine immigration (only). Note that in your case, the EU rules probably also apply for the UK, as you're a resident of Spain, so the UK has to give her a residence permit with minimal procedure as well. Very positive the Spanish Embassy mentions this. The Dutch Embassy will not even hint about it, and the Dutch government is trying to change the rules (which would require changes in EU treaties). Philippine Immigration officiers have a sample book with all types of residence permits in it, and can recognize which ones are valid. They will let you leave the country if you can show a valid residence permit for the country you are going to, even without a visa.

English is a difficult language, and most foreigners make mistakes (including myself). I've seen Philippine laws being interpreted exactly opposite from what they would mean in (British) English, and suspect that upto one year should be interpreted as at least one year in this case.--Jeroen.

Jane wrote:
Saturday, 8 July 2006 13:33:15 PHT
I'm just curious once ur married and get the security paper in NSO manila if there is problem of marriage they still released the security paper or not? Thanks
Sheila F. wrote:
Sunday, 12 March 2006 18:06:21 PHT
Glad to see and read this!!! now I don't have to asks some friends. Thanks!!!
Jeff Langin wrote:
Friday, 10 March 2006 06:58:47 PHT
I've sent a link to your site to our marketing people. Ours is under development: Would you be interested in co-linking? Thanks, Jeff L. President CBI Worldwide/CMI Corp
dpk wrote:
Saturday, 25 February 2006 08:18:00 PHT
A major piece of advise be patient, cross all the t's and dot all the i's. Double double double check everything you recieve and everything you have to send back. Hope this advise is taken as it will save you a lot of heartache in the end, and believe me ITS WORTH IT.
Jeff wrote:
Saturday, 18 February 2006 09:37:12 PHT
Thank you for your diligent explanations of all of the procedures involved. I returned from the Philippines this week after getting married. I am a US citizen, and the process was as good as could be expected. I was able to get my "no objection" papers from the Cebu consular office, saving us a trip to Manila, and the whole situation was as wonderful as I could have imagined. Moreso, in many ways :) As for the "clerical errors", my wife is now officially 124 years old, as she was evidently born in 1881! :) My main reason for posting my opinion on this matter is in appreciation of all the information I have gotten from this site over the past years. I have always admired the effort with which this site is maintained. Thank you.

The feedback form has been disabled for this article.