This interior town north of the municipality of Loboc was founded in 1872. In all probability, this town was named after the Spanish city of Sevilla. It was one of the latest towns established during the Spanish regime. Three towns contribute to its territory, namely, Loboc in the south, Balilihan in the west and Bilar in the east. The site of the town was first located in Bentig, on the other side of the Loboc River from the present site. When the Americans invaded the town, they burned all the buildings in Bentig. When peace was declared, the site of the town was transferred to Maraag, which is the present Poblacion. In 1879, it had a population of 4,835.
|Sevilla at a glance|
|Number of households (2000):||1840|
|Land area:||6486 ha|
|Number of barangays:||13|
|Distance from Tagbilaran:||36 km|
|Barangay||Population (2000)||Households (2000)||Population (2010)||Population (2015)|
(Based on figures from the census of 2000, 2010, and 2015 from PSA)