Sikatuna is an interior town located 6.5 kms. from Corella and 16.6 kms. from Tagbilaran City. It was named after the famous Bohol Chief who made a blood compact with Legazpi in 1565.
Sikatuna was established as a town by Executive Order No. 88 issued by Gov. Gen. Francis Burton Harrison on December 5, 1917. It used to be called Comago, then a barrio of Alburquerque. During World War II, it was made an evacuation center by the people of its neighboring towns. When the Japanese learned of this, they put up a garrison in the municipal building. The guerillas did not attack the garrison in order not to expose the civilians to the danger of reprisal.
|Sikatuna at a glance|
|Number of households (2000):||1177|
|Land area:||2675 ha|
|Number of barangays:||10|
|Distance from Tagbilaran:||17 km|
|Barangay||Population (2000)||Households (2000)||Population (2010)||Population (2015)|
(Based on figures from the census of 2000, 2010, and 2015 from PSA)