Fish Ball Sauce
IJsselstein, Thursday, 20 October 2005 02:58:31
Red Sweet and Sour Fish Ball Sauce
|1/2 Cup ||Vinegar
|1/2 Cup ||White sugar
|1 tablespoon||Catsup, to color
- Pour Vinegar into pan, dissolve sugar, low-medium heat.
- Dissolve catsup in 1/4-cup water, then mix with vinegar and sugar in pan. Slowly simmer.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4-cup water, then add to mixture, stir.
- Turn to high heat for 10secs or until consistency is just right, add grounded pepper (optional).
Brown Fish Ball Sauce
- Same procedure just add Sprite or 7 Up to vinegar and sugar mixture
(according to taste) some fish ball vendors use Royal or Orange Soda.
- For the color and consistency, substitute catsup with soy sauce and cornstarch with flour.
- Note: Corn Starch makes a clear sauce, Flour makes a merky looking sauce, no difference in developing consistency)
Thanks to RoCz for sharing this recipe.