IJsselstein, Saturday, 14 January 2012 23:48:47
Located at the interior part of the province, the municipality of Sierra Bullones was used as place of refuge by insurgents during the Philippine Revolution and the Filipino-American War. It is about 71 kilometers from Tagbilaran City and used to be a forest where, after a provincial road was opened, settlers from Jagna, Valencia, Garcia-Hernandez, Candijay, Alburquerque and Loay made clearings. When the Homestead Act was approved, the settlers applied for the lands they had cleared and became permanent owners of their clearings. Farming is the most important industry of the people and rice is the chief crop. The tributaries of the Wahig River furnish water for irrigation purposes.
Sierra Bullones Police Station: +63 38 527 1001
Bank: First Consolidated Bank "FCB"
|Sierra Bullones at a glance|
|Number of households (2000):||4473|
|Land area:||10975 ha|
|Number of barangays:||22|
|Distance from Tagbilaran:||71 km|
|Barangay||Population (2000)||Households (2000)||Population (2010)||Population (2015)|
(Based on figures from the census of 2000, 2010, and 2015 from PSA)