Bared... Dame Rose's meaningful August
Tagbilaran, Wednesday, 25 August 2010 01:51:14
- From Chai Cruz: I am inviting you to watch Miss Panglao 2010. The talent night is on August 25 and the grand coronation night is on August 30. Expected guests are lovers Marco Alcaraz and Precious Lara San Agustin Guigaman. Bb. Pilipinas World 2006 Anna Maris Igpit will grace the event. Bohol's seasoned host Raul Gatal and Fiel Angeli Araoarao-Gabin will host the event. Miss Panglao 2010 is organized by Amira Alia "Aya" Montero, Panglao Youth Organization president.
- A blessed Sunday to Chowking-Tagbilaran personnel: Rouvien de Guzman, Mae Pilongo, Lloyd Allan Visarra, Robert Cleo Balite, Jaypee Fernandez, Julie Anaviso, Jed Ighot and Mary Jane Cadorna. Gracias for the smiles!
- Could it be true that this young leader is heeds over heels with his "kuya," a colleague in service (also a tourism ek ek)? Years ago, his "kuya" was the only featured friend in his Friendster that raised eyebrows from his peers. Fast-forward, this young leader becomes the latest talk of the town as he "moved" in to his "kuya's" house. People spread rumor that they are living together (for good?) after this young boy confessed his true feelings to his "kuya" ...Ang bahay ni kuya..bow! Hehehe
- Bohol's representative to this year's Mutya ng Pilipinas is Aileen Ella Dango. Aileen, 24, stands 5'6", measures 34-24-36. She says: "Green tourism as a sustainable eco-tourism has always been the heart and soul of Bohol. We, Boholanos are blessed with nature's beauty for the world to see." Twenty four candidates were introduced as the official bets of the upcoming Mutya ng Pilipinas 2010. Held at the Maxims Rooftop Pool at the Resorts World Manila, the candidates were clad in black swimsuits representing various provinces and cities all over the archipelago. Expected to be the best Mutya ng Pilipinas beauty pageant ever, Mutya ng Pilipinas 2010 "Viva Pilipinas!" coronation night will be held at New Port Theater of Resorts World Manila on August 28. A delayed telecast will also be shown on ABS-CBN on September 5, Sunday at 10:30 p.m.
- ...And the 2010 Miss Universe Pageant will be covered "live" by ABS-CBN starting at 9 a.m. on Aug. 24, Tuesday. Will Venus Raj (Previous titles: Miss Bato second runner-up, Miss Rinconada (a district of Camarines Sur), Miss Camarines Sur, Miss Bicolandia and Miss Eco-Tourism in the 2008 Miss Philippines-Earth contest) be the third Filipino Miss Universe (after Gloria Diaz in 1969 and Margie Moran in 1973)? Incidentally, you can help Venus keep her lead in the Miss U popularity survey. Here's how: 1). Log on to www.missuniverse.com or http://www.missuniverse.com; 2). Register; 3). Miss Universe will send an activation e-mail to your e-mail address; 4). Activate your account and log-in; 5). Click Contestants and choose PHILIPPINES; 6). Rate by clicking on the five  stars; 7). You will receive a confirmation that your vote is successful.
Dame Rosario "Rose" Soy was pointing to the screen of her celfone calendar. It was marked by meetings, projects and social functions.
Dame Rose Soy shows no sign of slowing down
and bravely takes the role of premier humanitarian
in the philanthropic world.
"See," she scrolls back to her August calendar of activities. "I need to attend all these functions."
It's impossible to ignore Dame Rose and her activities.
Love her or hate her, Dame Rose has created more news - for her beauty that she seems to endlessly possess and beyond - than almost every other Boholana in her time, perhaps except today's young beauty queens. But when you look beyond the news, you find Dame Rose is much more than the headlines.
Raising money for different projects certainly brings forth her inner beauty, as well. She shows no sign of slowing down and bravely takes the role of premier humanitarian in the philanthropic world.
And she shows no signs of changing that trajectory.
Hailed as Queen of Rotary Club of Tagbilaran for five times (no one has ever duplicated the feat), this August, she is busy participating in the different activities of the Rotary Club of Tagbilaran feeding school children, implementing traffic safety, washing hands campaign and protecting the environment through waste segregation project.
Dame Rose is known for having paved the way for the now booming Bohol tourism in her capacity as a travel specialist. For that, Bohol owes so much to the Bohol's Queen of Tourism. She has talked different people from the different parts of the world. She has met different people who come and go long enough to know who are real; who are not. She has weathered enough storms to know how she could rise on her feet. She is in control of herself.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.bohol.ph.
Leo P. Udtohan