Bared... Tagbi beauties through the years
Tagbilaran, Saturday, 24 April 2010 06:36:37
A new Tagbilaran beauty will be chosen on Friday, April 30, at a grand coronation to be held at the Bohol Cultural Center.
Daisy Jean Quilicot will relinquish her crown to the new Tagbi
beauty on April 30.
The second prestigious beauty pageant in the province, its inception in 1986 (with different names like Miss Tagbilaran from 1986 to 1987, Miss Teen Tagbilaran in 1988, Mutya sa Tagbilaran from 1989 to 2004, Tagbilaran's Five Prettiest, Miss Young Tagbilaran in 2005, and back to Miss Tagbilaran starting in 2006) has registered hundreds of contestants. Other contestants were forgotten in the passing of time while there are those beauties whose "shine" remains through like a "mutya" or gem.
Beauty pageant-obsessed Tagbilaranons insisted that there are only three Tagbilaran beauties who won the Miss Bohol Sandugo title: they were Vanessa Joyce Matuod Evardone, Socorro d'Marie Tallo Inting and Daisy Jean Quilicot. And there is a daughter who duplicated the feat of her mother who won the crown 20 years ago.
Only in 1995 that the city failed to stage the pageant, one of the major activities leading to the fiesta celebration.
Without much ado, here is a list of interesting trivia and anecdote about Miss Tagbilaran:
- Zosita Caliao Clarin was the first Miss Tagbilaran in April 1986. Twenty years after, her daughter Margo became Miss Tagbilaran.
- Three months after the April 1986 pageant, the City Government of Tagbilaran organized the 1986 Tagbilaran's Five Prettiest. Winners were Elisa Pusta Laway, Gemma Marina Reyes Manding, Ma. Josefina Mabilog Manigque, Helena Monton and Leah Vita Castaño.
- Fiel Angeli Espejo Araoarao reigned as Miss Tagbilaran 1987.
- Geraldee Vallejo Campbell (now Mrs. Balbona) was crowned Miss Teen Tagbilaran in 1988.
- Mutya sa Tagbilaran 1989 was Winnie Moreno Lim.
- In 1990, a Penshoppe model, Ma. Victoria Gaviola Labado, became Mutya sa Tagbilaran.
- Mutya sa Tagbilaran 1991 was Joanna Cheryl Matuod Evardone.
- Suzy Agoncillo Tabuno was Mutya sa Tagbilaran 1992 and was the city's official representative to the Miss Bohol Sandugo 1992.
- Mutya sa Tagbilaran 1993 was Sophia Lorraine Maniwang Alvarez.
- Vanessa Joyce Matuod Evardone was crowned Mutya sa Tagbilaran 1994, the second Mutya title for the Evardone Family after older sister Chewee (Joanna Cheryl), continued to triumph as Miss Bohol Sandugo 1994 pageant.
- Mutya sa Tagbilaran 1996 was Mary Fragelle Felisilda Tejano.
- Socorro D' Marie Tallo Inting was crowned Mutya sa Tagbilaran 1997 and Miss Bohol Sandugo 1997. She is a lawyer.
- Jesyl Bongosia del Rosario, Mutya sa Tagbilaran 1998.
- Mutya 1999 was Marimi Caballo Marapao.
- Mutya Amor Telmo Zamora, Mutya 2000.
Miss Tagbilaran 2007 Mary Lovely Ligones
exudes beauty and sophistication of a modern
- Jacklyn Joy Pilayre Yam, was crowned Mutya 2001. She was best remembered for the "fall" which caused her a few stitches on the face before the pageant and coronation night. Her first runner-up, Maria Gina Palen of Booy district had received all the awards making her the only candidate in the pageant history who gathered all the awards.
- Mutya 2002 was Costie Jephilin Bojo Besas.
- Rhoda Lee Logroño Ligan was crowned Mutya 2003.
- Mutya 2004 was Lorraine Marie Mapute Evasco.
- In 2005, Miss Young Tagbilaran beauties were Richell "Rich Asuncion" Pacaldo Angalot (who is now a popular actress), Anna Karenina Fuentes Cimagala, April Lynn C. Recio, Katherine Margaret M. Tejano and Barbie Ann B. Vanta.
- Margo Adelaiz Clarin Manigque, daughter of Miss Tagbilaran 1986 Suzette Clarin was Miss Tagbilaran 2006.
- Mary Lovely Ligones was crowned Miss Tagbilaran 2007.
- Ruby Crisannie Mijos was Miss Tagbilaran 2008. There was a residency issue about her.
- Daisy Jean Quilicot won Miss Tagbilaran in 2009. She became Miss Bohol Sandugo 2009.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.bohol.ph.
Leo P. Udtohan