Bared... Lailette enjoying her showbiz comeback
Tagbilaran, Saturday, 17 April 2010 04:38:26
- It was raining hard on his birthday, April 13, but well-wishers for the birthday celebrator Marlito Uy, the general manager of the Alturas Group of Companies, considered it a shower of blessings from heaven. The gift was in form of rain over Bohol in the midst of the El Niño phenomenon. There will always be sunshine after the rain!
- Bohol's Queen of Media Ardy Araneta-Batoy was the commencement speaker of STI-Tanauan in Lipa, Batangas last
April 9. Ardy clearly delivered her speech with the theme: "Education through Self-Transformation to Interact, Innovate and Influence Others for Real Life Success."
- Watch out for Bohol's Amazing Talent Search at the Island City Mall (ICM). The contest is open to all talented Boholanos aged 3 to 75 years old. To join the contest, the applicant must submit the entry form (available at ICM Marketing Office) and receipt from any department or shops in ICM dated from June 1 to June 12, 2010. An audition on June 12 and 19 will be conducted by the ICM Marketing Team to select the finalists who will perform in the finals. During the elimination, all contestants are given three (3) minutes to perform their talent. The judges will select the contestants who will quality for the finals on June 27. So, what are waiting for? Unleash your talents now!
- From Floramae Tacgos, University of Bohol alumna: Over the last 10 years, have you ever wondered about your Day High School batchmates? The funny moments, the crying episodes… the best and worst of times? Whatever happened to our classmates now? Well, this is your chance to find out! Let's celebrate with all the familiar faces that you've missed as we renew friendships, reminisce our high school days and share in life experiences both old and new. Please come and join us at the UB Day High School Millennium Batch 2000 Reunion on May 3, 2010, 9:30am-10pm at UB and Cliff View Resort, Tangnan, Panglao, Bohol. Please contact: Tacky (0915-4808533/09089532454), Janice Thea Lupot (09222635633/09089807558),Tere Gohetia (09064971010) or email Cherylyn Busano at email@example.com for more info.
- Tagbilaran City awaits to witness this year's parade of candidates all vying for the 2010 Miss Tagbilaran crown. The candidates are: Ma. Amy Fiel Fermo Booc (Cogon), Sheena Grace Coming Recio (Mansasa), Melcris Cantones Tortor (Taloto), Joy Cherubeth Iman Omictin (Bool), Jannah Quiachon Ampog (Poblacion 3), Karen Aguaviva Inte (Manga), Catherine Lerin Calunia (Grand Luis Lodge), Jane Annalie Arquillano Aro (Fern-C), Jesat Cathy Jubane Duce (Bebei's Hair and Make-up Salon), Fer Mary Palgan Baliquig (Dampas), Poncia Micutuan Leren (CCM Construction), Loma Mamburao Torrejano (Powerhouse Nursing Review Center), Luvina Joy Guiritan Bullanday (Alona Tropical Resort), Jesselle Ang Espejo (Ramp Models Association of Bohol), Bernadette Tanupan (San Isidro) and Mylene Abitona Pedroso (Venecy Marketing). The talent presentation is on April 26 and April 27, while the pageant and coronation night is on April 30 at the Bohol Cultural Center.
- Don't trust your boardmate! Take this experience from Mr. E. who's super busy that he trusted his (male) live-in partner who's pampered with, you know, pangkabuhayan showcase and his boardmate not to play la traidora. One time, he went home early morning with his "bayo" still sleeping at the boarding house. When his "bayo" woke up, he asked for his cellphone. Mr. E. told him that he had no idea of his cellphone, so he dialed the number only to find out his phone was ringing in the other room! They were fighting until his "bayo" confessed that something happened with him and their (male) boardmate while they were drinking that night! Ouch! His "bayo" also confessed that they're doing "miracle" many times when he's working till dawn. Ouch! Ouch! The boardmate doesn't look effem or shows any sign that he's also a nun. Enraged, Mr. E. confronted the boardmate and left the boarding house with Redhorse to ease the pain! Days after, Mr. E. decided to junk his "bayo" and he just recently found a new one! Mr. E has a very long hair reaching until the man-made forest of Loboc-Bilar and he proudly says, "Too many men have little time!"
Boholana actress and performer Lailette Geulen-Boiser is slowly stepping back into the spotlight after concentrating in her family life in Bohol, the main reason why for a while she wasn't visible in television.
Known as Scarlet in showbizlandia, Lailette has been keeping a low profile until she was seen lately in a TV series on GMA 7. Her friends and well-wishers including yours truly hope this will mark Lailette's reemergence onto the scene.
She has played roles in a number of movies and TV series, but Lailette is one of the few actresses who understand well the concept of ensemble acting. And with her latest involvement in an indie film Pendong (where she has to play a lesbian to be directed by Shandi Bacolod of highly-acclaimed indie film Ben and Sam) and in a TV series on GMA 7, the important thing is that she gives her best.
This month, Lailette gives us her ensemble acting on GMA 7's Diva, the country's first kantaserye topbilled by Regine Velasquez. She played Sister Bertha together with Radha, Mitch Valdez, Eva Castillo and Pinky Amador who took care of Sampaguita (Regine Velasquez) in the convent. Last week, it was ala Sister Act when a choir was formed to entertain churchgoers.
"Nakakatense, I haven't been singing or performing for more than eight years on cam, puro aktingan lang, but the excitement is there to sing live as one of the guests in Regine's kantaserye Diva on prime-time TV," shared Lailette.
She plays her role, no matter how "small" with such honesty, so natural and so casual as if she's not acting at all. That and we can't help but empathize with her.
"I always feel to give the best that I can give," said Lailette.
Lailette Geulen-Boiser plays her role with honesty. As a nun in
the first kantaserye on TV, Diva on GMA 7.
Lailette, who is truly excited and proud of her next projects, shared that she is now more motivated than ever to prove that she has more to offer as an artist. "Well, Direk Maryo (de los Reyes) has plans to cast me in some teleserye sa GMA and make my singing active na rin kahit mall and provincial tours along with Masculados (Dos). Freelance pa rin ako at ang Masculados Dos para happy."
Lailette started showbiz as a member of Star Circle Batch 9 of ABS-CBN. As the comedienne in her batch, ABS-CBN casted her on Oki Doki Doc (starring Aga Muhlach, Agot Isidro, Camille Prats, Carmina Villaroel, Roderick Paulate, among others). She also appeared singing in different shows like ASAP, Masayang Tanghali Bayan (MTB), etc. She also did 555 sardines commercial. In 2006, Lailette appeared on ABS-CBN's teleserye Calla Lily topbilled by Sharlene San Pedro (from Mga Anghel na Walang Langit and Goin' Bulilit). She has appeared in Bedtime Stories (2002), Magnifico (2003) and Nandito Ako..Nagmamahal Sa Yo (2009). Before she left for Manila, she had a cameo role for RD Alba's indie film Biktima (February 2010).
Lailette wishes for happiness in all areas of her life. She also said that she has a feeling that 2010 will be smooth going for her.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.bohol.ph.
Leo P. Udtohan