Bared... Juicy items on the Miss Bohol Sandugo pageant
Tagbilaran, Tuesday, 14 July 2009 04:56:44
Ted Ramasola and Armi Garma have reportedly wed and put an end to rumors by deciding to get married on July 4 at the Panglao Island Nature Resort Grand Pavilion. Reports mentioned lately that usually it's Ted who wants to get married and Armi postpones it every time. But this time it was Armi found that it's better to get married to put an end to the stories; a decision that made Ted very happy.
The wedding was Ted's second "after a relationship is down the drain" and Armi's first. "They are planning a quiet celebration just for family and close friends," revealed Bared Very Reliable Source (VRS). Neither wants the kind of big fanfare.
Ted and Armi (nee Garma) Ramasola.
Thankfully, Ted and Armi didn't pretend that they love each on the wedding day because they loved 24 years back when they were still in high school at the Divine Word College High School Department (now Holy Name University – High School Department). They parted ways – living oceans apart and pursuing their individual careers. They met again in 2005 during the DWCT HS Batch '85 20th Year Reunion and the "kilig" factor still worked. Love moves in mysterious ways…and realized that they are still madly in love and the rest was history.
"Ted has never made any secret of his desire to marry Armi, so he is thrilled," according to a close friend of the couple.
"The wedding was officiated by Judge Leo Moises Lison. Close to 250 family members, friends and batch mates from HSS Class 81 and DWCT HS Batch 85 were in hand to witness the celebration of love," added by VRS.
The whole place choked with emotion as the couple sealed their love with a kiss.
Principal sponsors were N. Tolentino Gallares, VP for Support Services, First Consolidated Bank and Ms. Tetta Baad, Commisioner, Cebu City Tourism Commission. A special nuptial blessing was done by Rev. Fr. Jun Javines, SVD a close friend of the couple. Tita Janet and Ric Ramasola also rendered a special song dedicated to the couple.
Ceremony and reception décor by Boy Dumadag and Michael Yu of Blue Grass Project. Lola Lilia's provided the cake. Wedding coordination was provided by Mr. Blair L. Panong of Lady Marianne Bridals (The Lady Marianne Bridals…Your total wedding and special events coordinators in Tagbilaran City since 1996; Website: www.boholweddings.9k.com, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mobile 09189359196, Phone +6338411-5350. For U.S. & Canada Clients Call 772-237-7808).
Bared 'roving VRS' caught them by surprise--in fact, unaware--enjoying their honeymoon in Luzon.
"The couple are still on their honeymoon in Batanes," VRS added.
- From Douglas B. Hontanosas, Texas, USA: Pres. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo will welcome Boholano balikbayans on July 14 for the Tigum Bol-anon sa Tibuok Kalibutan (TBTK) 2009. Boholano delegation will be led by Cong. Edgar Chatto, Gov. Erico Aumentado and TBTK chair Betty Veloso-Garcia. After which, they will be given a guided tour at Malacanang Palace, and to be served with cocktails at the Heroes Hall. "Betty just came from Seattle, Washington, where Betty attended the "Sleepless in Seattle" convention by the Boholanos In the United States and Canada (Conbusac) headed by President Carlos Caga-anan. She also met Governor Erico Aumentado, Conbusac's guest of honor. We beam with pride to hear that Betty is awarded as one of the Ten Most Outstanding Overseas Boholanos by the Conbusac. Betty truly deserves such recognition. For all her efforts poured in the TBTK - for the cause of Bohol and the Boholanos," reported Douglas who can't be home for the TBTK 2009 happenings. It's only his wife Farah and son Dinno who will be home on July 22.
- Watch Pokwang and Pooh on July 29, 8 p.m. at Bohol Tropics Resort Dagohoy Grand Hall together with Jon Avila and Kapitan Boom for the Sandugo Comedy Fever. Tickets available at Bohol Tropics, please call (038)411-3510 to 14; 501-8992, 235-5667.
- The Bohol International Film Festival has been postponed indefinitely (or no more?) as the Bohol Film Development Organization, Inc (Bofido) headed by Direk Maryo delos Reyes and Cesar Montano has decided to scrap the ambitious project which was supposed to be held from July 18-25 for insufficient funds and time for preparing logistical requirements.
Since it started in 1950s (with different names like Miss Bohol, Miss Young Bohol, and renamed Miss Bohol Sandugo pageant in 1989) it has registered hundreds of contestants. This year, 15 contestants, among them are Mr and Miss Teen Bohol 2009 beauties Maria Tiffany Tabigue Guldameer Malou Sombrio and Mygie Obrador, and a part-time model Bienna Ursula Bautista, competing in the grand finals slated on Saturday, July 18 at the Bohol Cultural Center.
Here is a list of interesting trivia and anecdote about the pageant:
Miss Bohol of 1957 Olivia Solis became a
very popular lead actress in Visayan films.
- Fresh batch of sultry beauties were introduced in 1950s. The famed Miss Bohol winners were Paula Raagas Valles who became a mayor in Maribojoc; Delia Canda became Miss Visayas and she is now faithfully serving God as lay minister at St. Joseph Cathedral; Theoprolia Clarin from Sevilla and Geraldine Galang from Carmen, Reza Cabagnot from Tagbilaran City.
- Olivia Solis became Miss Bohol of 1957 from Panggangan, Calape, who later became a very popular lead actress in Visayan films. One of her movies was "Olivia." The theme song of that movie has the lyrics "Dawata na, Olivia" when the baby boomers generation can still remember. She later became a US resident, but returned to Philippines when her husband became a Cebu City councilor in the late 90s.
- In the 1980's, Rachelle Oculam was Miss Bohol from Lila.
- Marcel Gatal-Diego--A BS commerce major in management graduate from DWC-Tagbilaran, Miss Young Bohol 1983 and best in gown besting 34 beauty delegates from all over the province. She was also Hiyas ng Silangan-Bohol 1982 and was a top ten finalist in the 1982 Hiyas ng Silangan-Philippines pageant where she won the Miss Talent award. Marcel is the sibling of Bohol 's seasoned host Raul and fashion icon Mikey who owns the www.mikeygatal.com. She is married to businessman Antonio Diego.
- Gemma Mandin, one of the Tagbilaran's Five Prettiest, was crowned Miss Bohol in Dec. 1986. She was then an engineering student from San Carlos University when she joined the pageant. Now, Mandin is a flight stewardess of Philippine Airlines.
- There was no Miss Bohol 1987.
- Wenny Moreno Lim who represented Tagbilaran City made history as the first to get the crown in 1988. She is now residing in Cebu.
- Elizabeth Mumar Añana from Guindulman was the first to get the Miss Bohol Sandugo crown. The 1989 pageant was "shocking" as Añana was the only one wearing hi-cut suit which was "rare" at that time. Añana became the first Ms. Guindulman in 1989 and Ms. San Miguel Central Visayas 1989. She finished her BS in Business Administration from University of San Carlos and is currently the general manager of Symmetry Philippines, Inc.
- Jagna accomplished the first-ever "three feat" in the beauty pageant when the town's entries successively triumphed from 1990-1992. Tiffany Yap, 1990, Ma. Recelle Adlaon-Paredes--1991 Miss Bohol Sandugo, a BS nursing graduate of DWC-Tagbilaran, she finished her M.A. in nursing at Cebu Normal University and is presently a clinical instructor of HNU-College of Nursing. Ma. Recelle Adlaon, 1991 and Celevel Ranoco, 1992. However, the 1990 pageant was one of the most dramatic when Marivic Labado, the crowd favorite was just a cinch to the crown. The first Boholano to become a Penshoppe model ended as first runner-up. Labado was Miss Cebu Doctors' and she is now married to Dr. Larazabal, heir of the Cebu Doctors'.
- Miss Bohol Sandugo 1993 was Mary Ann Eronico from Talibon town.
- Vanessa Joyce Evardone was MBS 1994 and she is now working in Manila.
- Irah Noemi Naron was crowned MBS 1995 and she made it to the Mutya ng Pilipinas and received a special award. Here first runner-up and also Miss Talent was Shiela Sumalinog kept up Jagna's string of impressive finishes in the search.
- Laianne Reyes Canoy was MBS 1996 from Maribojoc.
- Socorro D' Mari "Tali" Inting from Tagbilaran City was MBS 1997. She started as Miss Divine High School, competed and won the Miss Divine and Miss Tagbilaran. To date, Tali is the only Miss Bohol Sandugo who has a remarkable record of all beauty queens who passed the bar exam. Her mother, Dra. Ma. Aida Tallo-Inting was crowned Miss Philippines Academy of Family Physicians 2000, and her uncle Dindo married Rosario Inting who was 1st RU to Fel Gabin, Miss Tagbilaran 1987.
- Josely Ferniz was MBS 1998. She got married and now a registered nurse.
- The MBS 1999 Maria Niña Cubello from Tubigon had not completed her reign who ended up marrying early. Cubello was replaced by Jennifer Ejoc of Catigbian.
- Mellanie Wallace, MBS 2000 from Tagbilaran City. The daughter of Vicky Wallace of the famous Bohol Bee Farm, she is a nurse in New York.
- MBS 2001 was Jenny Justiniane who didn't complete her reign after marrying early. Vanessa Cadorno from Duero replaced Justiniane. To set the record, she was not "dethroned" by the organizers.
- MBS 2002 was Cherry Mae Bacarro. During her reign, she made it to the Bb. Pilipinas, but she represented Cagayan de Oro City (her sponsor) instead of Bohol. In July 2002, she was invited by the Bohol Sandugo Foundation to welcome the Miss Earth candidates in October 2002, but she failed to grace the activity "kay nagpaplantsa sa iyang buhok (because she was straightening her hair)." She came late to the place where everybody had left the place two hours before she arrived. Bacarro left an impression of neglecting the most responsibility for a very cheap or flimsy reason.
- MBS 2003 Fatima Liora Lloren Rana was from Jagna.
- Rhiz Novah Arenas was crowned Miss Bohol Sandugo 2004. She was famous of her line, "Basta ubi Bohol, basta Bohol ubi."
- Anna Maris Igpit was crowned Miss Bohol Sandugo 2005. She was first runner-up in MBS 2004. She represented Bohol in the Bb. Pilipinas 2006 and was declared BB. PIlipinas-World. She competed in the Miss World 2006 pageant in Warsaw, Poland and was voted Poland 's 5 Prettiest and Top 20 in the swimwear competition. So far, Maris is the only Boholana who made it in the prestigious international beauty pageant.
- There was Miss Bohol Sandugo in 2006 to give way to the Miss Bohol International beauty pageant. Again, there was no Miss Bohol Sandugo in 2007.
- Miss Catigbian Joy Marie Maglajos won the most-coveted Miss Bohol Sandugo 2008 crown. Joy is an airline cargo agent based in Cebu City.
Anna Maris Igpit is the only Boholana
who represented the Philippines in an
international beauty pageant.
Email me at email@example.com.
Leo P. Udtohan