Bared... What will they dare to do differently in 2009?
Tagbilaran, Sunday, 18 January 2009 18:00:20
Oh, New Year's resolutions. Everyone makes them, but most of us have a hard time keeping them. We checked in with the Boholano newsmakers and who's who to see what they want to change in 2009… and what stores for them next week here on Bared!
Why not try doing something this 2009 that you've never done before? As my fave quote goes, "Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe."
Here are what some Boholanos will have to do this year for the very first time. Then it's your turn, friends. I dare you to have an adventurous year 2009!
- Col. Raul Mendez: Always strive to accomplish noble objectives entrusted to me for the best of my ability because for me little things done are better than a grandiose plan.
- Atty. Salva Diputado- Love my wife and kids even more.
- Former Gov. Rene Relampagos- Loose 40 pounds!
- Loon Mayor Lloyd Lopez- Secret!
- Dennis Du- To run for city councilor in 2010.
- Dr. Nenita Po- Go to Batanes.
- Atty. Handel Lagunay- When I have the time, bungee jumping!
Inday Rufing- To forgive and love all my enemies (not in good terms).
- Lyndon Boiser- To fight and expose corrupt personalities in Bohol who use their positions for self advantage particularly media people.
- City DepEd Supervisor Dodong Almedilla- Makeover of my home and change the mañana habit.
- Vice Mayor Toto Veloso- To give more time to my kids and make them enjoy more of my presence.
- Living Princess Katrina Schoof- If my schedule permits, I want to tour Australia and eat a kangaroo! Hehehe
- Gerry Lugod- To concentrate on my business as what I'd promised to my father, take care of my mama, bro, sis and my daughter. This time, I will always ask the Lord for guidance.
- Faye Gatal- To meet Leo in person!
- Melchor Daniel- One on one basketball game with Barack Obama. Puwede na? Di man realistic-but yeah! I'd love to do that.
- Pureza Chatto- Sleep early at 9pm and wake up at 7am.
- Glenn Blasquez- Dive with sharks in Palawan!
- Sam Pingkian- To forgive and forget those who hurt me that much and to resist temptations!
- Balilihan SK Fed prexy Marianne Chatto- Total makeover.
- Catigbian Mayor Bertsal Salinas- Create the municipal anti-indigents committee which will determine actual local indigents of Catigbian. They will receive free ambulance, SVC, Philhealth and free medicines.
- Last year, Bared revealed some politicians who will run or realign themselves in the 2010 elections (if, that is a big if, there is an election). Could it be true that erstwhile governor Rene Relampagos who will run as Mayor in Tagbilaran City? According to a Very Reliable Source (VRS), high ranking officials who attended the "secret" meeting called by a Capitol high ranking official bared that they want Relampagos to run as Mayor, not in the 3rd district, but in Tagbilaran City! Is it Mayor Dan Neri Lim versus Relampagos?
- On the other hand, Department of Agriculture Secretary Arthur Cua Yap will run as Congressman in the 3rd district. He's very "visible" in the 3rd district towns. VRS shared that "Yap is now a registered voter of Loboc whose wife, the former Carol Gaw, is daughter of Uniwide Group taipan Jimmy Gaw who has roots from Loboc, Bohol. He has meetings with mayor mostly from the 3rd district of Bohol."
- Definitely, provincial board member Yul Lopez is strong as a rock to run as representative in the 1st District. The incumbent Rep. Adam Relson Jala will run as Mayor in Loboc, VRS added.
- And how about actor Cesar Montano? According to VRS, everything is just showbiz. There is a possibility he won't run because all the "slots" are now occupied. He will just ask the politicians to "pay" him not for running. That is million! Zzzzzz
- From www.new7wonders.com: Between Jan. 1 and Jan. 7 2009, all voting on the New7Wonders website is on hold as the results of the national qualifications are calculated and verified. On Jan. 7, 2009, the leading national nominees will be announced here, and voting will resume for all multinational nominees and the remaining national nominees. The Official New 7 Wonders of the World campaign was a resounding success, which took democracy to a new global level. Now, in the second campaign, give your vote to define The New 7 Wonders of Nature. Voting continues on Jan. 07, 2009.
Email me at email@example.com, or visit www.bohol.ph. Bared is now at Blogspot! Visit www.leo-bared.blogspot.com.
Leo P. Udtohan